I never in my life touched an Xbox 360

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By TrashMustache

i'm about to get one next week (the halo 3 + halo 3 odst + reach beta pack) i feel like i'm so way behind , and i want achievements for all the games i had trophies for, so i sold all of my ps3 games except the exclusives and am gonna buy games like dead space, assassin's creed, fallout 3, and even old tony hawk games for achievements, just because god i diserve them,  i'm about 80 percent in on fallout 3, on the achievement front , nada, 0 , and damn i just don't know if i have the courage to start over, + all the expansion packs, obviously i'm not just buying an xbox for achievements, i think the social network is more interesting and i want the best of both worlds when it comes to games, i hope that red circle of death thing isn't as frequent as it used to be?
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pinkshley1

When I read your title I thought: you have led a sad life. 
When I read your post, I thought: good choice. 

lol seriously though, you aren't alone. Most of my PC gaming friends want one, but can't afford one right now.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Whoa, you are playing a lot of games over again on the 360 just to get achievements? I did that with a few original Xbox --> 360 games (about 2-3) but that was awhile ago. If you found those games fun in the first place, then go ahead but achievements are not the be all end all of, well, anything. They are just a cool number you can boast about how much you play it, and sometimes that doesn't always correspond with the fun factor. Don't become an achievement whore...before you even have a 360.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrashMustache

i promise i won't :p,  but i was under the impression that achievement points have a certain value or something? like you can buy arcade games with them, i think that's cool, especially if i just rent or borrow games, it's more profit than loss. i don't think i'm an achievement whore, the only games i want all achievements for are games i adore, so completing those are just my way of saying i love this game more than that one, but most of all i feel like xbox has more to offer and i know you guys are going DUH and i'm late for the party :p
Simes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Simes

Can save you some time here: achievement points have no more intrinsic value than trophies do. You can't buy stuff with them.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By ez123
@TrashMustache said:
" i promise i won't :p, but i was under the impression that achievement points have a certain value or something? like you can buy arcade games with them, i think that's cool, and i wanna represent a little :p, "
I don't know if you're joking or not but you can't use achievements for anything. I just want to tell you that right now.  Anyways, good purchase and don't forget the $50 rebate.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust
@Pinkshley1 said:

" When I read your title I thought: you have led a sad life. When I read your post, I thought: good choice.  lol"

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TrashMustache

hmm, it's weird, and this was never the case? it was never some sort of currency? the points? i mean i'm cool with it but what really freaks me out is that i don't wanna think i made that up in my dreams or something :p
PaddyOCanager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PaddyOCanager
@TrashMustache said:
" hmm, it's weird, and this was never the case? it was never some sort of currency? the points? i mean i'm cool with it but what really freaks me out is that i don't wanna think i made that up in my dreams or something :p "
It was never a form of currency, you made it up in your dreams or something.
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By ez123
@TrashMustache said:
"i don't wanna think i made that up in my dreams or something :p "
Well, you did.
TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrashMustache

god i was either very badly informed or...i totally made that up, i was so convinced , but it is a good idea though right? :p no but wtf, i'm a fuckin' schizo
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I don't get why people play games just for achievements. It's rather pointless.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By xyzygy
@TrashMustache:
Actually, you weren't badly informed - Microsoft recently made a new option on the 360 that adds "Awards" - basically, in new games that come out, if you get a certain achievement you will get something for your avatar (So like in a halo game, you might get a battle rifle for your avatar). I think it's actually a really cool twist to achievements!
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bigandtasty
@TrashMustache: Heh, when I first played my friend's 360 I thought 1 achievement point = 1 Microsoft point. How wrong I was.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By rjayb89
@Bigandtasty said:
" @TrashMustache: Heh, when I played my friend's 360 I thought 1 achievement point = 1 Microsoft point. How wrong I was. "
Oh man, if only.  =D
TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrashMustache

yeah ok i must have confused the achievement points with microsoft points, but why the fuck do they call it points? why not regular dollars? i mean yeah i get it you can buy points on a retail disc or code or something in the store but yeah anyway looking forward to having it and enjoy the best of both worlds, god so many exciting games coming out!!!
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bigandtasty
@TrashMustache said:
" yeah ok i must have confused the achievement points with microsoft points, but why the fuck do they call it points? why not regular dollars? "
They do it to make stuff look less expensive. They also do it to make you purchase more points then you need for most games/DLC.

It doesn't bug me too much because I know there will always be something I want to buy with my MS points so they will be used sooner or later.
kgbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kgbird
@TrashMustache said:
" i'm about to get one next week (the halo 3 + halo 3 odst + reach beta pack) i feel like i'm so way behind , and i want achievements for all the games i had trophies for, so i sold all of my ps3 games except the exclusives and am gonna buy games like dead space, assassin's creed, fallout 3, and even old tony hawk games for achievements, just because god i diserve them,  i'm about 80 percent in on fallout 3, on the achievement front , nada, 0 , and damn i just don't know if i have the courage to start over, + all the expansion packs, obviously i'm not just buying an xbox for achievements, i think the social network is more interesting and i want the best of both worlds when it comes to games, i hope that red circle of death thing isn't as frequent as it used to be? "
Wow, why would you do this NOW?  I understand doing this when Halo 3 came out, but it seems like the wrong time to dump the PS3 for a 360.

--Rick
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xyzygy
@kgbird: Dude, did you forget that huge game that just came out? Hmm, what's it called, OH YEAH, ODST?! 

lol
TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TrashMustache

besides i didn't dump the ps3 , best of both worlds i said
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy

Don't dump the PS3, look at your avatar.

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

If you read his post, you'll see he said he was hanging onto the PS3 exclusives; pretty useless that, if he was dumping his PS3, which he isn't. LIke a lot of Xbox owners, he wants to try out the "other" console, you know, to see what he's been missing.
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

To dump all the PS3 games that aren't exclusive, only to buy them again along with 360 exclusives is overdoing it. That's burning cash.

kgbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kgbird
@Smarter_Martyr said:

" To dump all the PS3 games that aren't exclusive, only to buy them again along with 360 exclusives is overdoing it. That's burning cash. "

This was my point, replaying games on a different console just for achievements is kinda dumb.  (Take this with a grain of salt because I've played fallout on PC and 360 but that's because it's awesome).  There will always be new games with new achievements.  Having both consoles is the best of both worlds but selling off games to re-buy them (and replay them) is taking it a bit far.  All that being said, if the PS3 version doesn't have trophies (COD4 for instance) I can see it.

@ xyzygy  I'm playing ODST right now and it's kinda lame.  Halo is not a game where you are supposed to sneak around and play strategy.  Master chief just goes balls out and kicks Covenant ass.  It feels like someone mixed in some Metal Gear into my Halo and that's not what I want from a Halo game.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Afroman269

Good choice. As for replaying 360 versions of the games you had well it's sorta wasting money.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#26  Edited By dudacles

Getting a 360 is nice, but selling all of your games just so you can replay them and get achievements for them is plain dumb, no offense.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Smarter_Martyr:@kgbird:@Afroman269:@dudacles: He wanted to replay his multiplatform games for achievements because he thought they had some value (i.e. he confused them with MS points). I did it too when I first played 360.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By subject2change

havent touched a 360 either; I own a PS3 (PS2, PS1, and GameCube) and a Gaming PC (god I hate the term PC). I am planning on getting a 360 soon tho as the 50 dollar rebate is a nice touch. Mainly getting the 360 for the exclusives like Splinter Cell: Convitction and FORZA3. Don't bother re-buying games for achievements, unless you are going to gamefly them when you have nothing else to do; its not worth it there is plenty to play.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Red

I understand getting a PS3 and stuff, but why the crap would you sell (and then re-buy) all of your old PS3 games just for achievements? At this point, just stick with trophies, man.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By bubahula

you probably should have used the money from selling those games to buy games you havent played
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Smarter_Martyr
@Bigandtasty: I understand that. But to believe that they had some value and then go sell the multiplat games without digging deeper is a bad plan.