I only have enough money for one, which one shall I buy?

• 51 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hizang

So I can only afford one game this month due to my iMac debt, so which one shall I get?

For clarification I like all of the genres the games listed above.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

depends what you want I guess? they all seem like good games.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Those games could not be more different. Well, they could, but you get the point. 

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jozzy

Dead Island, purely because I reckon you want a game that will last you a ton of hours. Not sure if that's actually important to you, but if it's the only thing youhave to play for the month it is a consideration.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By UlquioKani

El Shaddai seems like the most unique and interesting

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By countinhallways

If you have friends for co-op, then I would guess that Dead Island would provide you with the best value for money. In fact, even without co-op it would probably still do so. At the end of the day, your personal tastes will obviously play a large role in your choice, however if you want my own thoughts on the matter... I think Driver looks like a really fun game so I would go for that. Dead Island seems kind of buggy, so if may be best to give it some time to be fixed and also go down in price. I call this time "Obsidian time".

arg3n7um

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By arg3n7um

If you want something gorgeous and crazy, go with El Shaddai. But be warned, the platforming is maddening.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hizang

I'm not to into co-op, is Dead Islands game really good with just one player?

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lozz

It's hard to say. Either Resistance 3 or Dead Island. EIther of those look like they would be worth your money.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By CastroCasper

I also have enough money for one and I want pretty much all of those games but Resistance. I am going to get Dead Island because it seems like a longer, more content filled game.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Jazzycola

Having never played any of the 4, I said R3 because that'd be my choice if I could only buy one.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By tallTuck94

i was close to getting resistance 3 but to me the amount of time i'll probably play that is tiny to the amount of content i've heard is in dead island so i'm getting that when it comes out in merry old england

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Animasta

@Hizang said:

sure is.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Marcsman

Dead Island is Fallout with Zombies. I like it 
Resistance 3 has been great too. This is tough. 
Both have online play though Resistance has co op and true multiplayer.  ( I have been playing co op with my buddy and they do not acknowledge him throughout the entire story. If he kills something they tell me nice shot ha ha it's funny) 
If you like online shooting matches and play them alot Get Resistance. 
If you want to kill some zombies and like Fallout ( the combat is weirdly awkward like Fallout ) 
Either way if you pick them up on the PS3 add me and I'll play with you 
PSN: DirtySkidMarcs
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@Marcsman said:

Dead Island is Fallout with Zombies. I like it Resistance 3 has been great too. This is tough. Both have online play though Resistance has co op and true multiplayer. ( I have been playing co op with my buddy and they do not acknowledge him throughout the entire story. If he kills something they tell me nice shot ha ha it's funny) If you like online shooting matches and play them alot Get Resistance. If you want to kill some zombies and like Fallout ( the combat is weirdly awkward like Fallout ) Either way if you pick them up on the PS3 add me and I'll play with you PSN: DirtySkidMarcs

you are selling dead island way short with the combat; it is way better than fallout (and I like fallout), more in depth etc.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By project343

I vote Dead Island. Game is a blast, and will likely last you at least 30 hours.

@Hizang said:

It's the exact same game either way. Only different is that they ramp up the zombies' levels when more than one player joins. Even then, the co-op integration is seamless. Basically, prompts will frequently pop up telling you that players are nearby; you hit a button and you'll instantly pop into a quick load screen; then boom, you're walking around the exact same spot but another player happens to be there. Experience is shared, fun spikes up, and you'll save all your character's stuff whenever you drop out (I'm a little less sure about quest completion--but it's a blast either way).

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Marcsman
@Laketown said:

@Marcsman said:

Dead Island is Fallout with Zombies. I like it Resistance 3 has been great too. This is tough. Both have online play though Resistance has co op and true multiplayer. ( I have been playing co op with my buddy and they do not acknowledge him throughout the entire story. If he kills something they tell me nice shot ha ha it's funny) If you like online shooting matches and play them alot Get Resistance. If you want to kill some zombies and like Fallout ( the combat is weirdly awkward like Fallout ) Either way if you pick them up on the PS3 add me and I'll play with you PSN: DirtySkidMarcs

you are selling dead island way short with the combat; it is way better than fallout (and I like fallout), more in depth etc.

It's awkward and takes awhile to get used to IMO. Maybe when I branch out my perk tree it will get better. Plus me being an idiot I pick the blunt weapon guy and keep picking up knives. Duh!!!!!!!!!!!
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

I'll tell you this much: El Shaddai won't last you past it's campaign. OK, I haven't played it, but as far as I know there is nothing (beyond trophies) other than the games' story mode. 

Driver: San Franciso - I haven't heard anything about. Sorry. But here's the Metacritic page: 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/driver-san-francisco 

Now, for the last two. Of those, I've seen a good bit of Resistance 3 in action and it looks like a really good first person shooter, but there are a million really good first person shooters. I'd pick it up because I never, ever get tired of shooting shit, but many people do. 

Dead Island is what people often call "Fallout with zombies", which if it works right is good enough for me. 

However, I'd still go with Resistance because it looks really good and even people who only sort of liked the first and didn't really like the second are laying the praise on R3. I would definitely go with it, it seems like Insomniac really put all of their (immensely vast) resources into it.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strife777

You'll probably get the most out of your money with Dead Island, so go with that. But I'm sure they're all worth it (didn't hear any opinions on El Shaddai though).

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Clonedzero

out of those 4, i'd probably pick dead island.
has the longest game life to it.

resistance 3 looks like a fairly generic shooter. yeah i know it looks pretty solid, but still im a bit burnt out on shooters myself.

driver looks really neat but never been big on driving games, plus jeff said the story is only like 8 hours long?

i barely know what el shaddai is lol

personally i'd probably get space marine over all of those, or maybe wait till gears 3 is out, but thats me. my vote is for dead island

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#22  Edited By Little_Socrates

I am LOVING El Shaddai. That game is bizarre and crazy in all these really great ways.

Dead Island looks awesome, but I haven't tried it yet. For those saying it's "Fallout with zombies", they're clearly missing the part where Fallout 3 is more about maxing out your speech, science, and lockpick skills to see a lot of great areas and dialogue trees while Dead Island is about killing dudes in a lot of great areas. Dead Island is a much more combat-focused game than Fallout 3, but the combat is also much stronger in Dead Island. I find it far more comparable to Borderlands, but it's also much more grim.

Resistance 3 looks good, but as someone with no interest in RFOM or R2, I won't be buying it. As for Driver, it looks REALLY neat, but I haven't spent enough time with it to recommend/not recommend it.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Quacktastic

Dead Island for RPG-y longevity or Resistance for MP shooter longevity.  If you're broke buying something that you'll be finished with in a week seems like a waste.

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Malphye

Dead Island. I'll admit I judged the game on 1 trailer which I didn't watch to its entirety. Figured it was just a left 4 dead clone and moved on. That livestream/quicklook really proved me wrong, it seems deeper then that.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By cstrang

Dead Island, as long as we're not talking about the PC version...

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Levius

I would say Dead Island give you the most value for money time wise, however if you are into multiplayer then get Resistance 3 while the community will be the most active.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Branthog

A psychedelic religious game (yawn), a buggy rehash of L4D with a little bit of RPG into it, and another lame half-assed racing game. Or. . . . the third part of a trilogy of a pretty good series (and one which I've completed 75% of the way in a single sitting and am glad to say it's actually quite good). I think it's clear which one I'd pick. Save the other ones for the $20 bargain bin, if anything.

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mattbosten

Knowing nothing about the 4th option, and having only seen the QLs for the first 3, I voted for Dead Island.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mahonay

Dead Island seems like the biggest bang for buck.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By Siphillis

Save up for some of the bigger releases this year.  Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Gears 3, Forza 4, Arkham City, and Skyrim all cost the same.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By spankingaddict

R3

Dead Island seems pretty cool, too.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlexW00d

El Shaddai seems like another 'different for different's sake' kinda game an I doubt it would last you much longer than a few hours. Whereas the other three would last you some time with their multiplayer/sidequests. Of the three Dead Island, as it is the one I would buy.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Island seems like the best bang for your buck.
This may be a bias on my part though ( I absolutely love the analog combat in Dead Island.)

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kingzetta

wait till next month and get batman

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dillonwerner

Why no Gears of War 3?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DeF

I say none of those. save the money, play something on your pile of shame (assuming you got one) and wait till they are cheaper then buy two of the games on the list at once :)

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JammyJesus

Dead Island will last you the longest.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DonPixel

Out of those game I'm buying none 

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bybeach

PPl. seem to be playing Dead Island. My preference is Resistance 3(shows up at the doorstep tomorrow). El Shaddai is described as 'psychedelic' by one poster, and that invokes the first interest from me. Check out the QL for Driver(and Dead Island and Resistance 3 for that matter. Seemed boring. Oh and there is an El Shaddai ex-ql also from well back.

RivenD3ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RivenD3ll

R3 looks meh

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By Jeust
@Strife777 said:

You'll probably get the most out of your money with Dead Island, so go with that. But I'm sure they're all worth it (didn't hear any opinions on El Shaddai though).

I have the same opinion. I've played the demo for El Shaddai, and while it is a refreshing game, seems also one prone to frustration, and the combat didn't seem that interesting. 
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dany

Dead Island.

Never thought I would say that but I did.

norton123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By norton123

Voted for Dead Island. Plenty of content and is reviewing well to boot. 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hizang

@Siphillis said:

Save up for some of the bigger releases this year. Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, Gears 3, Forza 4, Arkham City, and Skyrim all cost the same.

@kingzetta said:

wait till next month and get batman

Did you not read my first comment...

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Dead Island seemed like a joke until 2 days ago.. Clearly it's a great zombie RPG that is worth picking up

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hizang

I have decided to go with Dead Island, seems like the best game to hold me over till next month.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zombies. shoot them. on an island.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NTM

Everyone is saying Dead Island, but even though that has many hours for play time, I don't see a lot of value in it since it doesn't really have a great story. It's practically Far Cry 2 with zombies, but worse. I'd go with Resistance 3.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iam3green

dead island is the game to get.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aus_azn

I have yet to play R3 yet, but I would say anything except R3.

I voted for Dead Island, by the way.