#1 Edited by sometimesavowel (120 posts) -

Since I work at Target and yesterday was Thursday, I looked at the shipment like I do every week to see what's coming out. Batman: Arkham Origins comes out today, Angry Birds Star Wars is getting the console treatment next week, I saw copies of Battlefield 4 and for some reason 5 people pre-ordered the Pac-Man Wii U game.

I'm just going to assume everyone knows that stuff, but I figured hey why not provide one more orifice on the internet for people to cram their opinions into?

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

With out this thread i would have not known that a pac man wii u game exists.

#3 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

Many stores are now getting PS4 controllers as well. Get any of those? I'm wondering what the level of hype is for anything next-gen.

I've also read that they work on the PS3 with a lot of PS3 games, but not all of them.

#4 Posted by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

Same. I assume (too lazy to google it) it's Pacman Championship Edition DX HD... WiiU ... Superspectacular ... Origins* or something, but you know, that game on the WiiU could be very appealing.

*... Reckoning.

#5 Posted by mosespippy (4466 posts) -

@jimmyfenix said:

Same. I assume (too lazy to google it) it's Pacman Championship Edition DX HD... WiiU ... Superspectacular ... Origins* or something, but you know, that game on the WiiU could be very appealing.

*... Reckoning.

I think it's actually Pacman CE DX HD WiiU Underground Storm Elite. But seriously, if that game is 5 player with 4 ghosts vs a pac man who uses the screen controller then that game could be alright.

#6 Edited by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -
#7 Posted by GunstarRed (5480 posts) -

I have just spent the last few minutes watching videos of the Pac Man game on Youtube. It has put me in a pretty miserable mood.

#8 Posted by sometimesavowel (120 posts) -

The Pac-Man game appeared to be a platformer for the Wii U.

#9 Edited by sometimesavowel (120 posts) -

Oh and @SpaceInsomniac I did not see anything related to next gen. I'd be all over that shit if I did, probably possibly including mentioning it upfront in my OP.

#10 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

@sometimesavowel said:

Oh and @SpaceInsomniac I did not see anything related to next gen. I'd be all over that shit if I did, probably possibly including mentioning it upfront in my OP.

So, I assume you know of the big game sale you have coming up. That's going to be like a second Black Friday for you guys, isn't it? You have my sympathy.

#11 Edited by sometimesavowel (120 posts) -

@spaceinsomniac: You mean, a console launch followed by another console launch? Each with hitherto uncertain but possible midnight openings? With 10 PM Thanksgiving Black Friday right around the corner? Yeah November is gonna suck.

:(

#12 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

@sometimesavowel said:

@spaceinsomniac: You mean, a console launch followed by another console launch? Each with hitherto uncertain but possible midnight openings? With 10 PM Thanksgiving Black Friday right around the corner? Yeah November is gonna suck.

:(

You honestly don't know? I mean a console launch, followed by another console launch, with a buy any two video games--including PlayStation 4 games--and get one free sale in the middle.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321678-target-1110-1116-b2g1-free-all-in-stock-games-includes-ps4-and-xb1-if-in-stock/

Good luck with that. :)

#13 Posted by dudeglove (8307 posts) -

Ultra PacMan, duh.

#14 Posted by jamesyfx (69 posts) -

I too poke around the stock room where I work, but the games in there are... less spectacular. I've seen games such as Street Sweeper Simulator. :/

#15 Posted by Vuud (2035 posts) -

What? It's not even real Pac-Man, some kind of platforming bullshit?

#16 Posted by Hunter5024 (5976 posts) -

You should probably steal something.

#17 Posted by Veektarius (5025 posts) -

@hunter5024: Don't fuck with Target loss prevention. They will take you down.

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5976 posts) -

@veektarius: They're pretty nice about it actually, given the circumstances.

#19 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

You should put out games before their street date.

#20 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1836 posts) -

I work at Target as well and I do the same thing every week. Yesterday we got in a box full of PS4 copies of CoD Ghosts. I don't give a shit about the game but I got overly excited holding a next-gen game case. When we actually get the consoles in next week, work is going to suck more than usual.