This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

...AND while looking on the PSN I came across a bunch of games that all looked the same. I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about the following list of games apart from their similar looking characters/artstyle and long titles. I had a look at some videos and couldn't see any defining feature that would warrant the 4.5 to 5 star ratings on the PSN. To me they seem to be very slow playing and the characters all seem to be on the lesser side of 10. Who is playing these games? Who are these games aimed at?

So like Dynasty Warriors, is there something most people are missing with these games? Is there more to them than first appears?

Some of the games I am talking about are:

Atelier Meruru The Apprentice of Arland,

Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk,

HyperDimension Neptunia Victory,

Ar Tonelico Qoga,

Atelier Rorona The Alchemist of Arland,

Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2,

Time and Eternity.

I was wondering if there are actually fans of these games and why on earth are they not spending their time in Black Ops II like the rest of us. Thanks.

#2 Edited by Zeik (2195 posts) -

Atelier games have a pretty big fanbase actually. I've never gotten around to playing one, but I'd gladly play one of those over Black Ops. I've kind of been meaning to try one for awhile anyway.

I never played Qoga, but the first two Ar Tonelico games are sort of a guilty pleasure. Some decent graphics, pretty good gameplay, a fantastic soundtrack, and tons of super blatant innuendo everywhere.

#3 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

This may be shocking to you but there are actually people out there who don't own Black Ops II.

WEIRD, RIGHT???

#4 Posted by LordAndrew (14420 posts) -

I don't play Black Ops II. All those games are exactly the same.

#5 Posted by mrfluke (5051 posts) -

This may be shocking to you but there are actually people out there who don't own Black Ops II.

WEIRD, RIGHT???

i think he's being sarcastic, in the event that he's not, i do agree with you.

#6 Edited by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

WEIRD, RIGHT???

I don't play Black Ops II. All those games are exactly the same.

It's funny. When you make a joke using the words Black Ops...it becomes the main focus of the post.

I might as well have just started a post with:

TOPIC: Why not...

...ALWAYS PLAY BLACK OPS II.

#7 Edited by Zeik (2195 posts) -

You knew that and yet you still included it.

#9 Posted by Zeik (2195 posts) -

I don't think you're using bait right. Generally you want to bait people into checking out your topic, not bait them into ignoring your topic with something completely unrelated.

Unless your plan all along was to get people to say they don't play Black Ops. Then well done, I guess.

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

*Sigh*

#11 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Those all look the same to me

#12 Posted by Turbyne (98 posts) -

@zeik said:

You knew that and yet you still included it.

Yes. I put the bait on the hook - AND CAUGHT A LITTLE TROUT - NOT TO SHABBY, NOT TO SHABBY AT ALL.

Go play your shitty generic shooter bruh.

I'll keep playing my Dynasty Warriors and Yakuza and shit.

Soulja Boy likes that shit. Yakuza that game to play when you're drunk and high and shit.

#13 Edited by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

@zeik said:

I don't think you're using bait right. Generally you want to bait people into checking out your topic, not bait them into ignoring your topic with something completely unrelated.

Unless your plan all along was to get people to say they don't play Black Ops. Then well done, I guess.

The one here is a BIG ONE. Could it possibly feed this village? I believe it could.

#14 Posted by Chaser324 (6264 posts) -

While there probably are worthwhile conversations to be had about the style and appeal of JRPGs, I don't think there's any chance of that happening here.

Locked.

Moderator Online