I Realized Something About GiantBomb's Clothing

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By JoblessTerence

The other night, I sent an e-mail to GiantBomb and asked why I still haven't received the t-shirt that I ordered. Mike Tatum, the business dude for Whisky Media, responded within an hour (I guess they're on top of things) and he told that my shirt was shipped on the 22nd of December but has been held in Canadian Customs ever since. He also mentioned that the situation I'm in has appeared the most frequently in Canada and this got me thinking. I thought to myself "Why would customs hold my shirt for over 15 days? I understand holding it for a couple of days or so but they must think somethings wrong with it. What do they think it is? Drugs? Money? Computer Programs? Weapons? Prostitu- wait... weapons!"

Here's why I think they have my shirt. Are you ready? The answer should be pretty obvious by now but here it goes. I'm being shipped a shirt from a company, in the US mind you, named GiantBomb. I'm receiving a package from a different territory that has the word GiantBomb on it and it's adressed to me. Lots of other people in Canada are receiving a package with the name GiantBomb on it so maybe this could possibly be interpreted as a possible attack and... I'm linked to it. I'M GOING GO TO JAIL AND BE KNAWED ALIVE BY BEAVERS AND BLACK BEARS!!! And yeah that's what I figured out so if I'm not active on the site for awhile, I either ran away or I was taken to some prison in the backwoods of Canada.

By the way, I don't actually think that I'll be taken to a prison run by beavers, bears, and mounties but I do think that the name certainly has something to do with it.

I really suck a writing blogs, don't I?

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JoblessTerence

The other night, I sent an e-mail to GiantBomb and asked why I still haven't received the t-shirt that I ordered. Mike Tatum, the business dude for Whisky Media, responded within an hour (I guess they're on top of things) and he told that my shirt was shipped on the 22nd of December but has been held in Canadian Customs ever since. He also mentioned that the situation I'm in has appeared the most frequently in Canada and this got me thinking. I thought to myself "Why would customs hold my shirt for over 15 days? I understand holding it for a couple of days or so but they must think somethings wrong with it. What do they think it is? Drugs? Money? Computer Programs? Weapons? Prostitu- wait... weapons!"

Here's why I think they have my shirt. Are you ready? The answer should be pretty obvious by now but here it goes. I'm being shipped a shirt from a company, in the US mind you, named GiantBomb. I'm receiving a package from a different territory that has the word GiantBomb on it and it's adressed to me. Lots of other people in Canada are receiving a package with the name GiantBomb on it so maybe this could possibly be interpreted as a possible attack and... I'm linked to it. I'M GOING GO TO JAIL AND BE KNAWED ALIVE BY BEAVERS AND BLACK BEARS!!! And yeah that's what I figured out so if I'm not active on the site for awhile, I either ran away or I was taken to some prison in the backwoods of Canada.

By the way, I don't actually think that I'll be taken to a prison run by beavers, bears, and mounties but I do think that the name certainly has something to do with it.

I really suck a writing blogs, don't I?

HelixSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HelixSnake

Yep.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

It's really, really overpriced?

Kidding aside, no, you're not a bad writer.

That's actually a hilarious situation. "Shit, this shit says GiantBomb right on it! What the hell do we do now!?"
deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deerpoob

I laughed, i can just imaging three mounties (in full red coat and hat) standing around a small box, that says giant bomb in big red letters on the top, scratching there heads.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Coltonio7
deerpoob said:
"I laughed, i can just imaging three mounties (in full red coat and hat) standing around a small box, that says giant bomb in big red letters on the top, scratching there heads."
That's Canada for ya =D
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I paid a gabijillion(That includes customs) to get a Luchadeer hoodie all the way to Norway and when I finally got it it was too big. I guess European medium and American medium are two different things. Oh well, I'll give it to a friend of mine to spread the word of GB and buy another on ejust to support these fine gentlemen.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By DARKIDO07
deerpoob said:
"I laughed, i can just imaging three mounties (in full red coat and hat) standing around a small box, that says giant bomb in big red letters on the top, scratching there heads."
"What is it?"
"We don't know bu those idiots put GiantBomb on the package."
*Opens Box*
"What the fuck is that? ITs......Its.....a Mexican Wrestling Deer?!?!?"

Other Guy walking in: "Why the hell is the bomb squad here? Its a sweatshirt from a Game Review Site."
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By RHCPfan24
deerpoob said:
LOL. All decked out in the red suit and all, eh? 
Ah....making jokes about other countries I know little about though they are bordered to us. How much do I love America...

All kidding aside, you have a good point there, and GIANT BOMB is certainly a name that would grab my attention.
deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deathfury

Looks like they caught onto Lucha Deers world domination plan.

deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deerpoob

just to clarify i am Canadian, and I love my mounties dearly, but the fact that they kept it for 15 days is funny to me, also i could see our "bomb squads" simply being mounties with visors coming down from the brims of there hats and like....double thick gloves.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By keyhunter

Here in Canada you can kill your grandmother and have sex with a 10 year old boy, and get 3 years at most.

Don't worry yourself.

Also: It's pronounced "gnawed"

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Hamz

I was told everything is legal in Canada? Why would MattBodega and TokyoChicken lie to me?.......how could they :(

But yeah I imagine that may be the case, some really strict customs officer saw the word bomb and hits the red button "Code Red, CODE RED!"

deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deerpoob

no up here in Canada we don't use the colour system (yes that is spelled correctly.)  we use animals, so that man would be yelling "Code....*looks at chart* Beaver code Beaver!"  we Canadians also are very cliche....

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14  Edited By Geno

Canada doesn't have prisons, it has tickle farms.

HelixSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HelixSnake
deerpoob said:
"no up here in Canada we don't use the colour system (yes that is spelled correctly.)  we use animals, so that man would be yelling "Code....*looks at chart* Beaver code Beaver!"  we Canadians also are very cliche...."
Beaver code Beaver? Are you sure you weren't just watching Mounting Mounties?
deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deerpoob

never heard of that....did i unknowingly steal joke from it?  hmmm.....to wikipedia!

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Heh, that sucks, dude. I'd love to see the look on their faces if they actually get to open up these packages and look at the awesome images on the shirts.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I live in Canada and a similar thing happened to me. When I received my hoodie there was a huge hole in the bottom of the package. I can just imagine someone at customs seeing the address and tearing it open as fast as possible. XD

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Endogene

That is pretty awesome really.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By CreamyGoodness
DARKIDO07 said:
"deerpoob said:
"What is it?"
"We don't know bu those idiots put GiantBomb on the package."
*Opens Box*
"What the fuck is that? ITs......Its.....a Mexican Wrestling Deer?!?!?"

Other Guy walking in: "Why the hell is the bomb squad here? Its a sweatshirt from a Game Review Site."
"
i laugh at that, but im still a proud canadian
Excuberance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Excuberance

What I want to do is try to ship a DVD-box with the label: "How to build a bomb, ep. 1-10".

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Jayge said:
"

That's actually a hilarious situation. "Shit, this shit says GiantBomb right on it! What the hell do we do now!?"
"
since when is $20 for a shirt over priced. here in canada we pay 20 for a shirt without a deer on it
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Endogene
CreamyGoodness said:
"Jayge said:
"

"
since when is $20 for a shirt over priced. here in canada we pay 20 for a shirt without a deer on it"
He must mean shipping, It is pretty hefty for outside of the US.
JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoblessTerence
Endogene said:
"CreamyGoodness said:
"Jayge said:
"

"
since when is $20 for a shirt over priced. here in canada we pay 20 for a shirt without a deer on it"
He must mean shipping, It is pretty hefty for outside of the US."
Yeah, shipping cost me around $15 but since the currency in Canada is monopoly money, I think its .23 cents US.
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zityz

I got my hoodie in the mail around christmas time here in canada, no holes or rips in the package. It probably won't go anywhere cause they probably have a moose watching all the stuff, with a sign on it that says, "Gone out for a beer".

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Canadian and recieved mine on christmas eve, pretty fast, glad mine didn`t get stuck in customs though.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Endogene

Shipping out side the US is 25 dollar (not sure about canada) so more than the actual shirt if you were only to by a shirt.

deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deerpoob

What are you smoking, do you think canada would be as rich as it is if the money was worth 23 american cents? its fluctuated between 70-90 in the past 15 years or so, a few months ago, at the start of the slump it was actually worth more.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By jakob187

1.  I'm saddened by the lack of staff comments on this.  This blog/thread is a TREASURE TROVE for hilarious hijinks and witty quips.

2.  I lol'd hard at this.  Didn't even think about this being a problem.  Then again, I'm American, and we don't really think anything is a problem.

3.  I lol'd again at Biff's duct-taped-pillow-man.  LOLOLOL
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hexpane

Did not read

ARe they making 3 piece GB suits yet? I need one