Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

Hello everyone, 

So, in the last year or so, the best 2 games I've played are God Hand and Demon's Souls, and the sense of achievement you feel when you finish them is like nothing else I've ever felt. 

Can anyone recommend me any other games in that kind of vein? I'd like to veto Super Meat Boy, mind you, as I really hated it. 

Anything else would be lovely, cheers!
Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

BlazBlue is some hardcore shit. Try beating Score Attack on that. I dare you.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

Play Vanquish, P.N. 03, Bayonetta, Lost Planet 2 and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on their harder difficulty levels. 

Oh, and I strongly recommend buying some of Cave's shoot 'em ups. Deathsmiles got an American release, and while Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 didn't get released outside Japan, it's region-free and has gotten an extra-cheap Platinum release ($35 or something like that), so you might want to start with those. I personally prefer Espgaluda II Black Label and Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets (both of which are region-free), but if you want one of those you're gonna have to drop $80-$90. It should be noted that Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets comes with two games though, so you're really paying just over $40 for each of them... but still.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Canberra

I hardly enjoy real games.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Ninja Gaiden II nuff said...but not nuff dead!

fei0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#6  Edited By fei0x
RudeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RudeJohn
@Fallen189:  Every try inverting  x and y? Or, if the game allows, switching from right (or left) to left (or right) hand control schemes? Try replaying hard games with a control scheme that you absolutely hate.
DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#8  Edited By DonutFever

I hear Catherine is pretty hard. As for like Demon's Souls, I can recommend a kick in the balls.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Swaboo

Dead Rising 2

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Mega Man 9, Hard Corps Uprising, Sin and Punishment 2.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By FancySoapsMan

SWAT 4 can be ridiculously hard at times. 

One shot can kill you, or your teammates. Enemies tend to be aggressive but you can't shoot them on sight, so until you get used to the gameplay you're going to get killed a lot if you second guess yourself. Also, if an enemy or you kill a hostage, you have to restart the mission. There are no in-game saves either, and every time you restart the enemies spawn in different places.

I had to try one mission nearly ten times, because enemies tend to hide in corners and I sucked at clearing rooms :\

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By ESREVER
@JoyfullOFrockets said:
" BlazBlue is some hardcore shit. Try beating Score Attack on that. I dare you. "
Nothing makes me rage more than fighting Tager in score attack. I hate that mode. Yet, I still torture myself by playing it.
BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BigLemon

I've got a hard game for you to enjoy...

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By natetodamax

Dead Space on Impossible Difficulty. 

Before upgrades, it takes 5 shots to sever a leg, 2 shots to sever an arm. You go down in about two hits.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By buzz_clik

Vanquish on God Hard mode is pretty damn tough. You get no achievement/trophy for it, but it's there if you feel like vandalising your sanity.

JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
@ESREVER said:
" @JoyfullOFrockets said:
" BlazBlue is some hardcore shit. Try beating Score Attack on that. I dare you. "
Nothing makes me rage more than fighting Tager in score attack. I hate that mode. Yet, I still torture myself by playing it. "
I got up all the way to V-13 and then I cried. That bitch is un-fucking-touchable.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By Yummylee

Any God of War game on their Titan mode, or whatever their hardest difficulty is called. Much tougher, and frustrating, than any Dante Must Die, I assure you. 

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akeldama

I Wanna Be The Guy

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeforgotten
@fei0x said:
" apparently my LBP level is too hard for anybody other than me to beat xD 
http://lbp.me/v/ywjws6 "
Woah, that's really your level? 
Screw you and your level! You're all going to hell :P
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingzetta

Sometimes hard is good, bit most of the time I enjoy a pleasant gaming time.
Frustration is not normally fun.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Play Shinobi on the PS2. Great game.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iam3green

i hate hard games. they are just so boring to keep on dieing and redoing the level again. i stopped playing veteran on call of duty 4. it's the only one that i tried on veteran.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Driadon

Monster Hunter. Combat is somewhat like Demons' Souls in that it's animation/timing based and, well, going through as much of that game alone as you can can be effing hard.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series can be, in it's own rights, really hard if you try to pull some crazy shit, like taking out a bandit camp of 30 people entirely on your own...when you start the fight in the middle of them all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I really enjoy hard men. 

Hard working men playing video games at the whiskey media offices that is.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By habster3

Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? was hard enough for me on normal. Since you really like to challenge yourself, try that on hard mode.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FateOfNever

I really enjoy a hard game as well.  Though I found all of the God of War games even on their hardest difficulties to be pretty easy, usually only containing one or two truly difficult parts through the entire game.  DMC3 is still a game I've never actually managed to beat due to the mix of controls and difficult it has going on.  Genma Onimusha was a fun game to beat even on normal, though it seemed to become slightly less brutal after a little bit of farming souls to give you a bit more leeway in the beginning as you adapt to the difficulty.  I think I'm going to try Onimusha 2 on the harder difficulty sometime soon though, see how bad that actually is.    That's all I can really think to suggest off the top of my head though.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By kalmis

Umphteen time I mention VVVVVV, try with as few lives as possible. Also check out good ol' N+ if you haven't played it before.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FateOfNever
@JoyfullOFrockets said:
Some day I will beat Score Attack mode.  So help me, someday I WILL beat it!  Curse you Score Attack mode!  Though I do wish the Blazblue games had a survival mode like the Guilty Gear games, but, alas.
CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaptainCody
@Icemael said:
"Play Vanquish, P.N. 03, Bayonetta, Lost Planet 2 and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on their harder difficulty levels. Oh, and I strongly recommend buying some of Cave's shoot 'em ups. Deathsmiles got an American release, and while Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 didn't get released outside Japan, it's region-free and has gotten an extra-cheap Platinum release ($35 or something like that), so you might want to start with those. I personally prefer Espgaluda II Black Label and Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets (both of which are region-free), but if you want one of those you're gonna have to drop $80-$90. It should be noted that Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets comes with two games though, so you're really paying just over $40 for each of them... but still. "

I feel like he's looking for games that are naturally hard, I can't really support Vanquish, Bayonetta or Lost Planet 2 on normal settings but fuck that shit on the hardest difficulty.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#31  Edited By Yummylee
@FateOfNever said:
" I really enjoy a hard game as well.  Though I found all of the God of War games even on their hardest difficulties to be pretty easy, usually only containing one or two truly difficult parts through the entire game.  DMC3 is still a game I've never actually managed to beat due to the mix of controls and difficult it has going on.  "
I'm the complete opposite, though it's probably down to me not having nearly as much passion for the GoW games as I do with DMC. Devil May Cry I love, while the GoW games I'd only limit to a single playthrough and be done with it. They're great games, but I really dislike Kratos' chain weapons for some reason; they just kinda feel weak to me.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fallen189
@buzz_clik said:
" Vanquish on God Hard mode is pretty damn tough. You get no achievement/trophy for it, but it's there if you feel like vandalising your sanity. "
Had my eye on Vanquish for a while actually, that might be it 
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Grissefar

Ninja gaiden. I'm playing through Sigma 2 on Mentor and fuck some of those bosses. Some of the bigger ones such as Giant Ape and Statue of Liberty I can get by without much trouble, but some of the others are insane such as Zedonius where I have to try many times, using all my health items. I'm going to have so much trouble getting through this game on Master Ninja, which should be MUCH harder.

I won't recommend shooters on the hardest difficulty. It can be fun but it's usually just a test of your patience as you sit behind cover waiting for your health to regen.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Jaktajj

GET AN EMULATOR AND PLAY SUPER GHOULS'N'GHOSTS! - It comes from a time when men were men and video games were video games.

Also due to guilty-by-avatar I support the difficulty of Blazblue's score attack previously discussed.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Goly
@Fallen189 said:

" Hello everyone,  So, in the last year or so, the best 2 games I've played are God Hand and Demon's Souls, and the sense of achievement you feel when you finish them is like nothing else I've ever felt.  Can anyone recommend me any other games in that kind of vein? I'd like to veto Super Meat Boy, mind you, as I really hated it.  Anything else would be lovely, cheers! "

Word for God Hand, that game was fucking ruthless, I felt physical pain in some of the levels and sometimes I had to plain stop because of how much my thumb was hurting. I used to hate hard games, but now I don't know what has changed but I tend to value challenge so much more now in games you could almost call me a masochist. 

edit: oops sorry didnt recommend anything. I guess most Capcom games have that same sense of challenge, I remember playing DMC 3 for the first time I got my ass kicked constantly. Viewtiful Joe had some pretty tough levels. I'm not gonna get into old school Capcom games because I haven't played much of them but yeah, I'm pretty sure Mega Man and Ghouls and Ghosts aren't very easy.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sameeeeam

Try Deathsmiles and Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Fallen189
@Goly said:
" @Fallen189 said:

" Hello everyone,  So, in the last year or so, the best 2 games I've played are God Hand and Demon's Souls, and the sense of achievement you feel when you finish them is like nothing else I've ever felt.  Can anyone recommend me any other games in that kind of vein? I'd like to veto Super Meat Boy, mind you, as I really hated it.  Anything else would be lovely, cheers! "

Word for God Hand, that game was fucking ruthless, I felt physical pain in some of the levels and sometimes I had to plain stop because of how much my thumb was hurting. I used to hate hard games, but now I don't know what has changed but I tend to value challenge so much more now in games you could almost call me a masochist.  edit: oops sorry didnt recommend anything. I guess most Capcom games have that same sense of challenge, I remember playing DMC 3 for the first time I got my ass kicked constantly. Viewtiful Joe had some pretty tough levels. I'm not gonna get into old school Capcom games because I haven't played much of them but yeah, I'm pretty sure Mega Man and Ghouls and Ghosts aren't very easy. "
Urgh, tell me about it! You just beat 3 whip ladies and a wrestler, then a demon comes and cuts you up, because you're doing so well, and you're on DIE!! difficulty. 

Oh, God Hand!
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Canberra said:

" I hardly enjoy real games. "

A hit, a veritable hit. 

I enjoy witty wordplay... 

OT: Yeah, I usually stick games on Hard for the first playthrough. Normal often poses very little challenge, and is only worthwhile if you don't plan on using any tactics/just wish to see the story play out.
NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NorthSarge
@Akeldama said:
" I Wanna Be The Guy "
 This. 

But you will hate it because its similar to SMB... which was amazing.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fallen189
@NorthSarge24 said:
" @Akeldama said:
" I Wanna Be The Guy "
 This.  But you will hate it because its similar to SMB... which was amazing. "
Beat it, it was neat :)
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Badhands

Dead Space 1 and 2 on the hardest modes are pretty rough. Those are really the only ones I can think of, I am not a fan of crazy hard games. I mainly play games on normal/medium, sometimes I will rock a game on hard but not to often.

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NorthSarge
@Fallen189 said:
" @NorthSarge24 said:
" @Akeldama said:
" I Wanna Be The Guy "
 This.  But you will hate it because its similar to SMB... which was amazing. "
Beat it, it was neat :) "
"it was neat" is the right response i guess. how did you not like smb then? and replay i wanna be the guy on the hardest difficulty if you didn't do that. 

also Lost Planet on the hardest difficulty.  
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By audiosnag

Halo: Reach on Legendary
Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, the non sigma versions if you can, those are a little tougher.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Sayishere

Completing Mega man 2 for the first time almost killed me, but i did feel a sense of achievement afterwards, but the amount of acheivement doesnt compensate for the amount of RAGEEEEEEEEE

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sooty

Persona 3 and 4 on harder difficulties are fucking solid at times.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kjellm87

Donkey Kong Returns did difficulty perfect in my option. 
You die, but never to the point it was too fustrating, 
anyone can beat it with some work, but 200%s requires you to master it.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#48  Edited By Jazz

No NES Battletoads? Really? Perhaps that just counts as broken. 

Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden Black on higher levels can be rock hard. Devil May Cry 3 Dante must Die is also fun. 
All the Megaman games can be really annoying at times.

JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
@el_tajij said:
" GET AN EMULATOR AND PLAY SUPER GHOULS'N'GHOSTS! - It comes from a time when men were men and video games were video games.     Also due to guilty-by-avatar I support the difficulty of Blazblue's score attack previously discussed. "
Can you give me some tips for score attack mode? I did use second controller trick so that I can have continues, but every time I get to Nu she fucking destroys me. I've gotten pretty good with Hakumen, yet still it's not enough...
phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By phantomzxro
@ImmortalSaiyan said:
"Play Shinobi on the PS2. Great game. "

Darn just reminded me i never beat the last boss in that game.......still an awesome game.