I think Bioshock: Infinite has converted me.....should I renounce or fight my belief.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll I think Bioshock: Infinite has converted me.....should I renounce or fight my belief. (95 votes)

Convert and renounce you heathen ways! 55%
Stick to the gloried true Inverted path and let those "Normies" be WRONG! 26%
I thought this was a religious topic....I am out. 28%
I thought this was a religious topic....I am in. 16%

So I started up Infinite on the Xbox 360 after installing, flick around the menus to make sure everything is fine Inverted is on...done!

Sitting in a boat I am sure it has free moving camera and it does start moving it around... and say to myself "This feels weird..." I continue on in the light house and I keep looking the wrong way...I check my thumbs and the sticks are doing this "Right"...yeah back is up and forward is down.....why am I....what if....what if I....

So I changed the controls to "Normal" and I looking fine...it feels fine...this is...just.."fine". So I decided I wont force myself back onto Inverted and see what happens.

"Normal mode" is fine....while Inverted (which is normal to me on consoles) is not fine. I have played 4 hours of Infinite with "normal" and its went fine. Everything is fine when I am walking and looking, the problem is when I am shooting or doing things Instinctively I start using Inverted controls with my hands except that's not what I am set too.

I have played thousands of hours of console games Inverted for 10 years. So I am pretty committed to my belief that inverted is right yet.....Bioshock is the first game that makes "normal" feel....normal.

Should I let Bioshock convert me or fight for my belief that inverted right?

• 
Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Akyho

PS the topic title is a little wonky as I didn't put "Fight FOR my belief."

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Only Vinny gets away with inverting his controls. All others are freaks to be scorned.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh, just wait till you get to the "twist". What you thought was normal controls was inverted all along. You just didn't realise it.

Oh shit I've said too much....

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If it's not a plane it's not inverted, simple enough.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

A and C

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By awesomeusername

@fourwude said:

Oh, just wait till you get to the "twist". What you thought was normal controls was inverted all along. You just didn't realise it.

Oh shit I've said too much....

THERE'S A SPOILER TAG ASSHOLE!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By pr1mus

I know the vast majority of people are perfectly balanced and reasonable individuals and aren't taking this seriously when calling people heathens or whatever for playing inverted. Inverted or normal is the same as being left handed or right handed, you don't choose it, you're just more comfortable one way or the other.

I guess i just never found jokes around that funny. Why even make jokes around that in the first place?

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Akyho

@pr1mus said:

I know the vast majority of people are perfectly balanced and reasonable individuals and aren't taking this seriously when calling people heathens or whatever for playing inverted. Inverted or normal is the same as being left handed or right handed, you don't choose it, you're just more comfortable one way or the other.

I guess i just never found jokes around that funny. Why even make jokes around that in the first place?

I am a left handed dyslexic inverted person....I use a right handed mouse with my left hand.

I actually think a keyboard and mouse set up is better left handed, all the important keys are closer together.

The heathen part was a play on Infinite's religious themes...Ill call myself sarcastically a heathen for being Atheist.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho: I was reflecting more on these kind of topics in general and not your poll in particular actually. It doesn't make me mad or anything. It's just that every now and then you'll get an actual serious reply from someone who will try way too hard to rationalize this and explain to you why you're wrong to play inverted.

How is the right handed mouse working out for a left handed? Because that just sounds impractical depending on button placement.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Do whatever you want b-ro. Inverted on pad, normal on mouse here (I've known some people that play inverted on mouse and that just hurts my head).

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never Not Inverted!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By musubi

Inverted or die. And you know what motherfuckers I've played games with an inverted X-axis as well as the Y-axis sometimes. I'M JUST CRAZY LIKE THAT.

FFFFFFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FFFFFFF

People who prefer inverted Y on a gamepad

• Abraham Lincoln
  • Jonas Salk
  • Every member of your favorite band

People who prefer "normal"

• Children
  • Pol Pot
  • That guy that drives past your house at night with his car stereo on full blast and it's like where are you even going? There is no way you have friends. You're the biggest prick in the world Steve.

It's not too late to save yourself.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus: This is my mouse. It has the browser buttons on the left which I just back with the lower part of my pinky. I use my middle finger on the left mouse button, My index cycles between wheel and right mouse.

As you see the mouse has a "thumb Scroll Wheel" Impossible to use as its under my palm....even if I could..I don't know what to use it for. The lower dps button (Sniper button) on the left I use my ring finger to click in. It all works fine, no need to get a left handed mouse too use to right handed anyways.

Left handed is fine for everything except writing....cos I smudge everything

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Play it however you're most comfortable?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@akyho said:

@pr1mus: This is my mouse. It has the browser buttons on the left which I just back with the lower part of my pinky. I use my middle finger on the left mouse button, My index cycles between wheel and right mouse.

As you see the mouse has a "thumb Scroll Wheel" Impossible to use as its under my palm....even if I could..I don't know what to use it for. The lower dps button (Sniper button) on the left I use my ring finger to click in. It all works fine, no need to get a left handed mouse too use to right handed anyways.

Left handed is fine for everything except writing....cos I smudge everything

As a southpaw myself, I can sympathize. I cringe whenever a professor asks us to write an essay on a test with a pen.

However, to say something on topic, all of my gaming - even PC gaming with a KB/M - is done right handed. I'm even getting used to using the 3DS right-handed, what with making maps in Etrian Odyssey and all.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gruebacca

People who fly aircraft do it inverted. You think they're crazy?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've had that happen before. After a lifetime of normal controls, suddenly they felt wrong and unusable while playing Dark Souls. So for a while, I switched to inverted for all my games... then that started feeling wrong, and here I am back at normal. Weirdest fucking thing, but I keep seeing it happen to others, and all in different games.