• 0 results
#1 Edited by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

I use the white Giantbomb site but it seems from screencaps people post they use the black one. Am I the minority here or do a lot of other people use the white site?    

Edit: 
@Ryax said: 

" this doesnt need a thread "

Your right. I'm so sorry for wasting everyone's time. I just thought I'd make a fun topic to take people's minds of the whole subbing thing. I apologize to all the users who saw this topic, the bandwidth it took up, and too you Ryax. Please don't make this topic damper our friendship.     
#2 Posted by Avarix (47 posts) -

I always use the dark pallets on sites if possible, feel like my eyes are strained otherwise.

#3 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -

Yes you are weird. I use the black version because it's easier on the eyes.

#4 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

I prefer the black one, but I know ur not the only one, I do think most people use black
Why would you use white anyway?

#5 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

I use the exclusive premium member rainbow-version because I'm just that fabulous.

#6 Posted by Popogeejo (601 posts) -

THAT'S RACIST!

#7 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

I kinda use it on and off. In fact, I would probably be using it right now if I didn't have a headache.

#8 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

i use the white. i think it's happier

#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -
@Titus said:
" I use the exclusive premium member rainbow-version because I'm just that fabulous. "
HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?!?! ONLY YEARLY SUBSCRIBERS ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!! 
#10 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

Oh man, I'm glad you posted this. Where can I locate the option to change color scheme?

#11 Edited by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -
 @Hector said:

" Oh man, I'm glad you posted this. Where can I locate the option to change color scheme? "

Click your name and next to the facebook login you have the option to change the colour. 
#12 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -
@Hector: 

click your name in the right corner box and it has little boxes on the bottom with F's in them, click the white one.

I use the white ofc, I hate dark websites.
#13 Posted by TayIor (25 posts) -

I didn't even know I had the option between a white and black layout. I wouldn't use it anyways, I always go with the darker option whenever given.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

I'm using the white one right now.  Don't know if I prefer it to the black one.

#15 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Yes, you are weird.

#16 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Even the site is white!

#17 Posted by Ghil (229 posts) -

no you're not, I use it most of the time :)

#18 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -

If they'd change the header color from black and red to something different, I'd consider using it. 

Otherwise, the off-white underneath the black and red is simply madness.

#19 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
"  @Hector said:

" Oh man, I'm glad you posted this. Where can I locate the option to change color scheme? "

Click your name and next to the facebook login you have the option to change the colour. 
"
Thanks...now you're not the only one using it! :P
#20 Posted by Tearhead (2147 posts) -
@RE_Player92: Yeah you ARE weird. We don't like your kind 'round here, WHITEY!
#21 Posted by Warchief (650 posts) -

dude I am with you on the white site. White text on black background kills my eyes. fucking zebra stripes everywhere. 

#22 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Titus said:
" I use the exclusive premium member rainbow-version because I'm just that fabulous. "
HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?!?! ONLY YEARLY SUBSCRIBERS ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!!  "
I know you guys are kidding, but man, the badges under the profile pictures turn users into pretentious assholes. 
#23 Edited by MiniPato (2714 posts) -
@BestUsernameEver said:

" @RE_Player92 said:

" @Titus said:
HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?!?! ONLY YEARLY SUBSCRIBERS ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!!  "
I know you guys are kidding, but man, the badges under the profile pictures turn users into pretentious assholes.  "
Don't be so insecure.  No one thinks they're better than anyone. At least not me. 

And white/yellow text on black is easier on the eyes.
#24 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Titus said:
I know you guys are kidding, but man, the badges under the profile pictures turn users into pretentious assholes.  "
Please don't think of me as one of those type of people. I was doing it for comedic effect. I don't care about badges and what not, every user is equal. I'm just trying to make fun of all these subscription topics that have been popping up or people thinking they are cool for subbing/not subbing. The worst is the people that have fake badges in their pictures... seriously who cares. Again it comes to my rule about religion, you can practice whatever you want just don't preach it to me. 
#25 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I use the white site also.  Way easier on my eyes personally.

#26 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Your ways are twisted and blasphemous, revoke your vile traditions, lest they be the death of you.

#27 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

when white came out i tried it. However I'm sticking with black. As the saying goes once you go black you cant eat a lemon. Wait!

#28 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5058 posts) -

You are a freak of nature

#29 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Al Sharpton's going to comb his long, flowing locks with your bones!

#30 Posted by Pop (2593 posts) -

yes you are weird, it looks weird to me in white wonder what the giant bomb mascot would look in white hmmm... someone needs to make that.

#31 Posted by Hershey07 (157 posts) -

The white just looks awkward. 

#32 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I can't even see the option for the white site anymore. Not that I want to change to white at any rate. White might look nice on some sites, but spending a large proportion of your time there is not great when you use white.

#33 Edited by NoRemnants (378 posts) -

I use white mostly because large blocks of bright white text on a dark background tend to mess with my eyes. Almost as if the image of the text gets burned into them from looking at it for too long.

Anyone else get this or am I just weird?

#34 Posted by BeachThunder (11645 posts) -

No, you are doing it correctly :D

#35 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

We can be weird together.  I guess I just like reading black on white.  

#36 Posted by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

White text on black background is alot easier for my eyes, but I can totally see how for some people it can be the other way around.

#37 Posted by Zidd (1836 posts) -

I like to be able to read the website so thats why i use the white background version

#38 Posted by President_Barackbar (3416 posts) -

So THAT'S what those letters in the control panel are for!

#39 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

FREAK!!!

#40 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

this doesnt need a thread

#41 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I love dark colored sites. My eyes feel like they are bleeding with the white site.

#42 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Yes, that shit burns my eyes, and I'm a programmer. I'm supposed to be used to staring at code on white background.

#43 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -
@Ryax said:
Your right. I'm so sorry for wasting everyone's time. I just thought I'd make a fun topic to take people's minds of the whole subbing thing. I apologize to all the users who saw this topic, the bandwidth it took up, and too you Ryax. Please don't make this topic damper our friendship. 
#44 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Ryax said:
Your right. I'm so sorry for wasting everyone's time. I just thought I'd make a fun topic to take people's minds of the whole subbing thing. I apologize to all the users who saw this topic, the bandwidth it took up, and too you Ryax. Please don't make this topic damper our friendship.  "
i see sarcasm is wasted on the un funny
#45 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

I love the white layout.

#46 Posted by benspyda (2015 posts) -

there's a white site?

#47 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -
@Green_Incarnate said:
" Yes, that shit burns my eyes, and I'm a programmer. I'm supposed to be used to staring at code on white background. "
Ya I could see that. I dunno I used to flip flop but I just like the red text on white.
#48 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Black version is easier on the eyes. Your eyes don't feel strained sometimes?

#49 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" Black version is easier on the eyes. Your eyes don't feel strained sometimes? "
I guess I've gotten used to it. I squint a lot on the black site. 
#50 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

I use white site on my main computer because I can't configure my monitor to make the site readable on the default black skin.