Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Rebel_Scum
@daveyo520 said:

When you have it for 8 you will get a ton. Trust me. Also want a Dota 2 key?

I don't know what your first sentence means. Have it for 8?

And no thank you, Dota 2 doesn't interest me in the slightest. Give it to someone who will enjoy such a game :)

@rebel_scum: Has anybody asked what your computer's specs are? Not just any computer will run any game.

I deliberately omitted this from my OP. I appreciate your concearn but its not important.

@raven10 Yeah you make a good point...time is a factor though with so many good games coming out or in my backlog. I know some people can finish a game like Bioshock Infinite in the span of a weekend. It takes me 1-2 months. I bought it on release and I'm only at Soldiers Field.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@rebel_scum: You could try Mars: War Logs

Then you can tell me if it's any good.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@humanity: Ha ha ha, I just watched a gameplay demo. I want that game to be good but....<breathes through the teeth making a sissss sound> I don't know

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@rebel_scum: I'm not quite sure how to convey to you how crazy what you're saying is. It's like you're telling me that your face is a duck and the color purple is actually a plot by North Korea. I absolutely understand the concern to not get burnt out on a game when a sequel might be near, but missing out on The Witcher 2 based solely on the possibility of a sequel in the next year or so is bonkers mcghee. I'm telling you point blank that whatever you are are currently thinking is nuts, and you should slap yourself in the face for thinking such nonsense. heh.

Don't deprive yourself of the Witcher 2.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@rebel_scum: I don't know it's the only game I could think of that didn't have a console release and isn't an online shooter. I thought maybe Monaco, but that is out on XBLA too. That kind of leaves only point and click adventures and puzzle games.

I've never played it but I hear Cryostasis is interesting.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Steam sales are your best friend in the world of PC gaming.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Daveyo520

@rebel_scum: 8 years instead of a year. Also I have like 6 keys.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@rebel_scum: I don't know it's the only game I could think of that didn't have a console release.

Its released on XBLA but it flew under the radar :)

@rebel_scum: I'm not quite sure how to convey to you how crazy what you're saying is. It's like you're telling me that your face is a duck and the color purple is actually a plot by North Korea. I absolutely understand the concern to not get burnt out on a game when a sequel might be near, but missing out on The Witcher 2 based solely on the possibility of a sequel in the next year or so is bonkers mcghee. I'm telling you point blank that whatever you are are currently thinking is nuts, and you should slap yourself in the face for thinking such nonsense. heh.

Yes but I'm not invested in the story so its not going to matter from that point of view. Don't get me wrong though, The Witcher 2 has been on my radar for a long time now but I've never got round to it. I am heeding your advice though...

Steam sales are your best friend in the world of PC gaming.

Nice advice is always nice :)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah said:

Yes but I'm not invested in the story so its not going to matter from that point of view. Don't get me wrong though, The Witcher 2 has been on my radar for a long time now but I've never got round to it. I am heeding your advice though...

Not invested in the story? Not... What?

http://asdin.kapsi.fi/gifwall/gif/2cqxp38.gif

What have people told you about this game? Could you not play Super Mario 3 just because you hadn't played Mario 2? Did you not play Dark Souls just because you never played Demon's Souls? Sure Witcher 1 has a nice story, but you can certainly get away with not seeing it. The gameplay and story all hold up on their own without the first. Though, you could certainly give the Witcher 1 a shot(it's just a few bucks now) before jumping on Witcher 2. You can usually even find them both on sale at once. But if it isn't for you, don't feel bad just going right to Witcher 2. It's mother-loving Witcher 2 for goodness sakes.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2wsi684Tu1rq4no1o1_r1_400.gif

If you don't feel like playing it, that's perfectly fine; not every game is for everyone. Some people like RPGs, some don't. But so far, you have given no reasons for ignoring one the best games of the last decade. Waiting until W3 makes no sense whatsoever; it's like an elderly Icelandic man explaining Gossip Girl to squirrels. That's what you sound like right now. If you're seriously asking what to play on Steam now, the Witcher 2 is one of those games.

No matter what you decide to play, it seems like you've been given some good leads, and I genuinely hope you will enjoy your time with the games. :)

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By MiniPato

@truthtellah said:

Despite his name, his comment is false. Witcher 2 is effin turrible. Worst game I ever played and ugliest game to ever grace my eyeballs. Like, if you ever wanted to play with feces and not get your hands dirty, I'd play the Witcher 2. Though I'd still caution you to wear gloves when playing because of how poopy it is. Might as well call it The Witcher Poo. Or the Witcher Deuce. Or The Witcher 2: Bigger, Badder, and More Bad Bad.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By cornbredx

Wow.

You must have better self control than me. I keep buying games on steam- even games i already have. I keep telling myself it's so if I my physical copy somehow disappeared I'd still have the game.

I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT! =P

Anyway, hard to say what game you could get. That's up to you. I mean, PC doesn't really have much in the way of exclusive minus maybe old games and indie games so really you have the pick of the litter. The skies the limit. I feel like its easier to ask if a particular game you're interested in is any good than just to ask what game you should get. I mean, we don't know you. How can we tell you what you'll like?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TruthTellah

@minipato said:

Despite his name, his comment is false. Witcher 2 is effin turrible. Worst game I ever played and ugliest game to ever grace my eyeballs. Like, if you ever wanted to play with feces and not get your hands dirty, I'd play the Witcher 2. Though I'd still caution you to wear gloves when playing because of how poopy it is. Might as well call it The Witcher Poo. Or the Witcher Deuce. Or The Witcher 2: Bigger, Badder, and More Bad Bad.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/well-there-you-have-it.gif

Well now. He does have a point.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebel_scum said:

@truthtellah said:

Knowing nothing of the story + haven't played first two games = nothing invested, so what does it matter which point of the series I come into it at. Usually games these days if they are sequels bring you up to date whether it be through the game manual, intro sequence, game lore in menus i.e Journals etc..etc

One that comes to mind is ME2 with its prelogue sequence. I'm not saying that the Witcher 3 is going to do that but I'm sure I'll get the jist from playing the first 3 hours of it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TruthTellah

@rebel_scum said:

@truthtellah said:

@rebel_scum said:

@truthtellah said:

Knowing nothing of the story + haven't played first two games = nothing invested, so what does it matter which point of the series I come into it at. Usually games these days if they are sequels bring you up to date whether it be through the game manual, intro sequence, game lore in menus i.e Journals etc..etc

One that comes to mind is ME2 with its prelogue sequence. I'm not saying that the Witcher 3 is going to do that but I'm sure I'll get the jist from playing the first 3 hours of it.

http://i.imgur.com/9worB.gif

Oh, I definitely understand what you -mean- by not being invested with the story, but what I'm saying is that such a sentiment is about the last thing you should be considering when thinking about this game.

As @raven10 was so nice to point out earlier, each of the games have been different gameplay-wise. This isn't like Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect. The Witcher 2, while it takes cues from the original, is not just a prettier version of the original with a different story. It's a different game. I know modern videogaming has trained people to think that sequels are just more of the same, but that isn't the case here. I'm not recommending the Witcher 2 just because it's a cool series with a compelling story. Which it is, but that's secondary to it being a great game. The Witcher 3 is shaping up to be a very different game, as well. So, skipping the Witcher 2 will mean missing out on the Witcher 2.

If all you care about in videogames is story, I guess what you're saying might make a lick of sense, but I'd like to think there is more to videogames than just that. There is the totality of an experience and your interactions within it. There's gameplay for goodness sakes. The Witcher 2 is not the Witcher 1, and the Witcher 3 looks very much like it will not be the Witcher 2. The Witcher 2 is its own game. The last thing you should be thinking is, "Oh, well, I can just have the game summed up in a little scene at the beginning of the next game." That's insanity. That's not videogames.

The Witcher 1 is a great game. The Witcher 2 is another great but different game. And I imagine the Witcher 3 will be a great and different experience. But they're all individually different games. I could have said "the Witcher series", but I said the Witcher 2 -specifically-. Because the games are not interchangeable. If you skip the Witcher 2, you will be skipping it, not just getting a better version of the same thing in the Witcher 3. Don't do yourself such a disservice.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood Dragon

Kerbal Space Program

Fez

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By Justin258

@truthtellah: I don't think he's quite getting what you're saying. Either that or he doesn't actually play games for story, or else he would be jumping up and down for The Witcher 2.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah: I don't think he's quite getting what you're saying. Either that or he doesn't actually play games for story, or else he would be jumping up and down for The Witcher 2.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6todjDPzr1qb3dy5o1_400.gif

Yeah, I'm uh... I think the Tower of Babel just fell and I'm actually speaking Swahili.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: @truthtellah: Ha ha...you guys. I'll just quote what I said earlier and expand on it

The Witcher 2 has been on my radar for a long time now but I've never got round to it. I am heeding your advice though...

Its been one of those games that you wait for the price to drop and the time to play it. But seriously thanks Truthtellah for your time in informing me about some decent games on Steam, and believer258 for making me laugh louder than Shao Khan :)

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My suggestion would be to keep an eye on humblebundle.com They have pretty good sales from time to time where they sell a bunch of indie games for whatever price you name. That way I got over 20 games with spending only about 20 dollars.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebel_scum: heh. Well, I'm guessing it will be dramatically on sale this summer during the Steam Summer Sale. Which will be a great time to buy everything and anything for super cheap. Though, the developer behind the Witchah 2 deserves whatever cash you can toss their way. :)

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By flasaltine

@rebel_scum: What the fuck. Just uninstall steam and go back to PS60. Skipping the first Witcher is bad enough but skipping the second? You don't have a good reason for doing so either.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@rebel_scum: It took me until at least three years after it came out to beat The Witcher and I am still not done with The Witcher 2. These aren't games that don't hold up after a period of time. Take your time and play the third game when it lowers in price. I'd suggest waiting at least a year before playing a Witcher game. CD Projekt Red usually releases major updates to the game for a year before releasing a 2.0 Enhanced Version. In the case of the first game they literally rewrote the story. Recorded all new dialogue, recast a lot of characters, and made a large number of visual and gameplay changes. In the second game they added a tutorial, an arena mode, two new difficulty levels, and a ton of additional content along with the usual bug fixes and balancing. It's worth it waiting for a year unless you want to play the game again a year on.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flacracker: Geez, settle down there champo. Any other game on Steam you'd recommend?