I've updated my Steam stats website / backlog manager!

• 146 results
Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Bio2hazard

@djjoejoe: Hey, thank you for your feedback. Do you mean kinda like this?

No Caption Provided

I didn't mess with the achievement stuff you mentioned yet, this is just a super quick example I whipped up by modifying some CSS client-side.

As for the video; that's actually on purpose (for now). Games in the 100% Completed bracket are still part of the other categories, as in they are still "beaten", "played" or whatever. This is in part because they don't have any fancy border yet in the list. I'll prolly change that soon ( give them a special border and making them their own toggle ). Thanks for the report though! Especially in video form it's really easy to see what you mean.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Awesome idea! You should use that data to run numbers and see how many people actually complete games.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#103 jeanluc  Staff

I really needed a site like this, which is sad... but still, awesome job duder!

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#104  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@bio2hazard: eh, but in list form as text and not the grid/image format. Again though, don't just retool your whole site around just cause some dude fancies minimal text design.

AbombBILL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So what game is everyone most ashamed they haven't beaten? Mine is the first STALKER. It was the first game I bought on steam but, for whatever reason I put it down almost immediately.

@bio2hazard: I demand the return of the fire background this moment! It was glorious!

No Caption Provided

Jugglerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, thanks for link!

Nijntje1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Wow, great link man! thanks!

NowSayPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bio2hazard: Hey man, the site is really solid. I've been looking for something like this. But I have a suggestion (not sure if it's been made yet). Could you add "Add", "Blacklist" and "Beat" icons when you hover over the panels in your game section? It'd be WAY easier than dragging them into the top section and then clicking on the icon.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Cool can't wait to get home from work & try this out.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By jiggajoe14

Hey sorry if this is already posted but is their a way or are you planning on developing a way to access stats for friends on steam? Great stuff overall though.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#112  Edited By Kidavenger

@bio2hazard: Good stuff, I like this more than I thought I would.

The biggest thing that stuck out to me was how few people have Assassin's Creed III 112 people vs 1500 on games like SMB or Binding of Issac, even Dragon Age only has 236 people that bought it.

Having a stats screen would be interesting: -top 25 games all time, top ten games this month, most completed, least popular games etc.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger: Stats screen exists! It's the clipboard icon at the top.

It has ( all top 20's )

• Time Spent Playing
  • Time Spent Playing Last 2 Weeks
  • Games that have not even been booted up once
  • Most Owned
  • Most Beaten
  • Most Blacklisted
  • Most owned least beaten
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This is incredibly neat! Thanks!

mikejamoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mikejamoran

For some reason I can't get it to work, but thanks to @jaqen_hghar, I now have a Backloggery account.

Squidtech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this. I really wish this sort functionality was built into steam. I think the idea is wonderful, but it's definitely more of a feature than something that justifies a website. You should apply for a job at Valve, and get this in the client.

I already do this exact same thing using the "categories" in the steam client, organizing games into: 1. Back-Log, 2. Unfinished/Back Burner, 3. Currently Playing, 4. Multiplayer/Unbeatable, 5. Junk, and 6. Finished.

Excellent work!

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#117  Edited By Y2Ken

Very cool sir, I like it. Only problem I've found is that there doesn't seem to be a way to uncheck a game as "completed" once you've assigned it. Which is fine for the most part, unless you misclick.

But still, fantastic job. I hope one day my webcoding skills are up to a task like this.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

An amazing site I really like it looks sleek and just does what it supposed to. Enables me to start up games through the site also which is awesome!

How is the ability to remove games that have been beaten going?

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Genjai

Woooowww... 73% Unplayed. I'm gonna go change my life.

Genjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woooowww... 73% Unplayed. I'm gonna go change my life.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An amazing site I really like it looks sleek and just does what it supposed to. Enables me to start up games through the site also which is awesome!

How is the ability to remove games that have been beaten going?

That will still take a bit. I got comissioned to do a small project which I just now finished and I've had a bad craving to play Dragon's Dogma: DA.... but it will be implemented, promise.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

My motto is start a game finish the game. No issues.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

My motto is start a game finish the game. No issues.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#124  Edited By I_smell
No Caption Provided

SUCK IT!!!!!!!!

...I wish I hadn't started ticking games, cos before it was just one big circle.

ShuaReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#125  Edited By ShuaReborn

This is very awesome, Thanks! Looking forward to the update to "Unbeat" games. I wanna move a bunch into the blacklist because their multiplayer only etc.

Sharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Two things come rapidly to mind on seeing this site. 1) I have 25 games I've bought and never played. Granted Titan Quest was part of a bundle but still. 2) I have 113 games on my steam account...How the hell did I manage that?

Great site. Easy to use, well laid out and informative. Nice work

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#128  Edited By kindgineer

Love it.

@bio2hazard: Is it possible to remove a "played" game from your list? I accidentally clicked the check for a game or two and it's greyed out currently without a way to remove it!

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You lost your job in Germany? That's news to me.

I don't really use Steam and I don't really like PHP, but the open source is always appreciated.

Thank you for sharing the code and good luck finding a new (and better) job! ;)

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is much better than trying to manage things with Backloggery.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Bio2hazard

@kindx: @shuareborn: @y2ken: @inkerman: The unmark a game as beaten update is now live. Please let me know if you find any bugs with it!

I've also added a small social media / sharing bar at the bottom of the page. It can be disabled via the settings if you don't like or use social media. Personally, I don't use it, so I'm not quite sure if it works. If anyone could test it and let me know if it works or not, that'd be awesome.

I'm also working on 2 really awesome features which I'll try to release soon(tm).

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#132  Edited By falling_fast

my gog.com pile of shame is even worse than my one on steam

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big update released!

• Each user now has their own unique URL based on their Steam ID 64. For example, mine is http://www.steamcompletionist.net/76561197992057625/
  • Social media bar will now share your own unique URL, so friends that click your tweet / FB message will be taken to your steamcompletionist.net profile.
  • Guest viewing! Now you can view the profile of your friends / random internet strangers. A option is provided in the settings menu to disable guest viewing of your account.
  • Search for your friends / random internet strangers with the provided search box. You can search by custom ID ( the one you chose for your vanity URL ) or by Steam ID 64 ( view someones profile, right click and select copy URL, paste it somewhere and look for the big number )
  • Keep your "to beat" list organized by drag & drop swapping games.
  • Couple of bug fixes; "Is your profile set to private" should show up once again

Let me know if you run into any bugs or problems and please let me know what you think!

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice update man, glad you're still keeping at it.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zfubarz: Glad you like it! And egads, I forgot to mention probably the most important thing: If you click on the stats screen, you now get a summary of the amount of games you have and the amount of time you've spent playing them.

This account has 432 games ( not counting DLC ), and has spent 141 Days 11:03 playing them.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#136  Edited By audioBusting

Cool, I don't use the site very often but I really like the update =D How long are you planning to host the site for?

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Bio2hazard

@audiobusting: I'm not planning on stopping the site anytime soon, I actually have another exciting update planned, which I hope to finish next week-ish. :)

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance to have it in the settings that blacklisted games won't show up when I load up the site? I know there was a button before each time I went there but now it is gone. Also, I don't see "is your profile set to private" in settings.

KJAZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By KJAZZ

For colorblind folks, the difference between complete and unplayed is not obvious enough. Do you think you could change this, or maybe add a colorblind toggle that makes the unplayed, say, a gray or black? Other than that, great job on the site. Works wonderfully.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 13

This is really, really cool. The only thing that's keeping it from having an even bigger leg up over BackLoggery, would be some sort of way of including your GOG collection, but I'm not sure GOG has an API that would let you connect people's accounts (never mind tracking things like "played/unplayed") - so that's probably a moot point.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Super bummed that this has been down since yesterday or so. I hope nothing too serious happened to @bio2hazard, unless he got a job then congratulations. But now I've no idea what I have to play in my Steam backlog now!

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89: Hey, thank you so much for letting me know. It's back up!

Super sorry about that! No job yet unfortunately, but i've been spending the weekend playing games like crazy ( I blame coop games and the steam sale... dat brave new world ), so I havn't checked my site in the last 2 days.

Either way, apache2 webserver had stopped working and just needed a restart ( happens sometimes ... ). If it goes down again just post here, with a name callout and i'll get right on it!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#144  Edited By crusader8463

@bio2hazard: Maybe I missed it, but a button you could press to have some random games picked and put in your to beat list would be neat. One of the biggest problems I have with my Steam backlog is that I can't decide what to play next. Getting a random assortment might inspire some to just play something at random.

EDIT: As soon as I submit I find the random button. Always how it works.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463: If you have any suggestions how i can make it more intuitive, I'm always looking for suggestions :)

Btw, if the site reacts slow it's likely the steam servers..they tend to get a bit.. slow during the sale haha.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@bio2hazard: I would change the random icon from a plus to something that's more synonymous with randomness like a d20 or something. A plus symbol doesn't really evoke random and that's why I skipped over it. Along the same lines, maybe make the stats icon a graph of some kind. Like one of those ones that show an arrow going up, a pie chart, or like a signal bar looking thing. All the other icons look fine, but those two don't really match the function of the button they represent in my opinion.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Bio2hazard

Hey,

I wanted to let you all know that the Steam API is buggy, which directly affects my website.

In short, the switch to only grab free games that the user has played does not work and it returns every single free games & demo available, which clutters up your profile with demos and other games you likely have 0 interest in ever playing.

I made a post on the Steam Discussions, as I was unable to find any support for the API but I doubt I'll find any help there. I might make a ticket in their support system, though that seems more billing and less dev oriented..

The whole parameter regarding free games is busted, so I can't even disable free games alltogether.

So ... I am aware, and it sucks. Sorry guys. I hope Steam fixes the issue soon.

OneFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By OneFreeman

@bio2hazard: Hey, thanks for letting us know. I actually came here to find out if this was a known issue. Best of luck sorting it out dude.

Bio2hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy to report that the issue is fixed!

No more free games cluttering everything up.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy to report that the issue is fixed!

No more free games cluttering everything up.

Thanks! That's Amazing News! Keep up the great work.