I want to get a new system but I do not know which.

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ninjakid7396

I own a wii and its ok but i want to upgrade ps3 or 360? I do not like online play and probably will not but it online  but I do want one with some very good exclusive titles that are good for single player. 

PLEASE HELP

ps. is borderlands worth it just for single player.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

If you don't care about online play and are looking for great exclusives, well then you've basically named the PS3. 

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Warfare

360 is cool if you don't mind returning it every 12 to 16 months .  

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Diamond
@Ninjakid7396: You got any other game series you're interested in, any other preferences?  How many titles do you buy per year and do you have a PC for gaming?
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zeforgotten
@Geno: Wait. 
The PS3 has no online play? 
Those fuckers at Sony fooled me! 
I was just playing against bad AI all this time?! :(  
That's it, I'm buying the Dreamcast
Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ninjakid7396
@Diamond: Mostly Role playing and  Strategy the real kinda nerd stuff with some First person shooters , No I don`t have a pc for gaming just for work. I probably buy at least 20 games a year new and old.
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed
@ZeForgotten: you serious? what the hell was i playing the entire time? i was messaging a bot called ZeForgotten the entire time? DAMN YOU MODERN TECHNOLOGY!  

i'd say go with any console that has the most games you're interested in. that's why i'm about to have a 360 because it has a lot of games that i like. 
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Willy105
@Geno said:

" If you don't care about online play and are looking for great exclusives, well then you've basically named the PS3.  "

I say if he cares about online play AND exclusives, get a PS3. The 360 sucks for online (it doesn't even get Wi-Fi) and all it's big exclusives are on PC.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend getting another console unless you have exhausted the Wii's game supply. Make sure to do that, otherwise you will be jumbling two consoles and only getting few games for each.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zeforgotten
@AjayRaz: They have a bot with my name ?! :o 
I'm feel so special. But not to worry, there's a bot with your name too! :D
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cazamalos

yeah, maybe in the ps3 you got the most single player oriented exclusives (demon's soul, infamous, uncharted 2, ratchet& clank,Valkyrie chronicles, etc) and  as a bonus in the ps3, if you one day wake up  wanting to  try an  on-line co op match or something else  well BUM its free :)

ChuckLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By ChuckLee

Well, from past experience i think that PS3 has better games put together overall, but that's just my opinion. 
As far as online play is concered i would also be in favor of the PS3.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Diamond
@Willy105 said:
The 360 sucks for online (it doesn't even get Wi-Fi) and all it's big exclusives are on PC.
My head just exploded.

@Ninjakid7396 said:
@Diamond: Mostly Role playing and  Strategy the real kinda nerd stuff with some First person shooters , No I don`t have a pc for gaming just for work. I probably buy at least 20 games a year new and old.
Hmmm, right now I'd suggest PS3 a bit over 360 based on those choices, but it's really going to come down to specific game choices in the end.  Really both are great choices, so it's a hard decision to make.
InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InTheEnd

Atari 2600

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 02sfraser

i prefer the exclusives of the PS3 myself since most 360 exclusives are geared towards online play. i prefer the PS3 overall actually

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Willy105
@Diamond said:
" @Willy105 said:
The 360 sucks for online (it doesn't even get Wi-Fi) and all it's big exclusives are on PC.
My head just exploded.

The Wii may use handle Friend Codes, but at least I can get the thing online. No excuse this gen.
Skye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skye

PS3 for sure. Main draws for the 360 are live and some exclusives.
If you do go for the PS3, Eternal Sonata and Valkyria Chronicles are awesome RPG's.
And despite having no interest in online play, if you did decide you wanted to try it out, the PS3 is wireless enabled and there's no fee to join/use PSN. 

(Yes, Borderlands is absolutely worth it, even if you only play single player.)

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Absurd

I'd get a PS3.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By penguindust
@ZeForgotten said:
" @Geno: Wait. The PS3 has no online play? Those fuckers at Sony fooled me! I was just playing against bad AI all this time?! :(  That's it, I'm buying the Dreamcast "
Geno hates candles, too...come on, what's wrong with him?!

Anyway, it really comes down to the types of games you are interested in.  Xbox is still likely your best place for Mass Effect 2 and Valve games.  Plus their version of Bayonetta is supposed to be better looking.  I'm not sure what is real and what is just made-up crap, but that's what some folks are saying.  MMO DC Universe is eventually coming to PS3 as is the MMO Final Fantasy XIV, but of course, you don't care about online.  Well, Final Fantasy XIII will be on both systems as will the next Metal Gear game.  Are you looking for something like InFamous, then go PS3, but if Crackdown is more your taste, then the 360 is the better option.  What type of adventure game do you find more appealing?  Heavy Rain (PS3) or Alan Wake (360)?  The point I am making is do some research into each console and see what exclusives that interest you.  That's the way to go then.  Also, ask yourself if blu-ray means anything to you.  In the end, you have to be the one who is comfortable with the system.  I love my PS3 and have a love/baby-please-be-good-to-me relationship with my 360 (launch model...very iffy).  You need to decide because if we tell you and your disappointed, well...who wants that?
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamond
@Willy105 said:
The Wii may use handle Friend Codes, but at least I can get the thing online. No excuse this gen.
Understandable, I don't even have wifi in my house for security issues so I felt similarly when I had to buy an ethernet adapter for my Wii.  It's not a deal breaker for me though.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Willy105
@Diamond said:
" @Willy105 said:
Understandable, I don't even have wifi in my house for security issues so I felt similarly when I had to buy an ethernet adapter for my Wii.  It's not a deal breaker for me though. "
There are ways to make Wi-Fi safe, safer than a normal wired connection, but I understand your point. I guess the best way to do it is the PS3, supporting both wired and Wi-Fi, against the Wii, which is only Wi-Fi, and the 360, only wired.
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I think we're at a point now where it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Both will give you an equally enjoyable experience. Both have practically the same game lineup (bar a few first party exclusives). But as far as what you get for what you pay... I guess the PS3 wins that battle.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Metroid545
@Willy105 said:
" @Diamond said:
" @Willy105 said:
My head just exploded.

The Wii may use handle Friend Codes, but at least I can get the thing online. No excuse this gen. "
you can get it online 1/10 of the time even when the router is on top of it and plugged in then you got a 50/50 chance of getting a lag free game
Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Metroid545

PS3 has some awesome exclusives and is a relitvely reliable system
360 has superb online (provided that you are paying them) and alot of great games will hit end up on the 360 first
wii is great for when you bring friends over to play with a couple good single player games as well

seriously though you sound like you would love the PC  and should  consider getting a good computer for it