Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

I thought this game was going to be oblivion + guns, I WAS wrong, I say this game comes very close to the type of game Fallout1 + 2 was, the only difference is the gameplay, Its an fps. 

The game actually dodes a few things BETTER than fallout 1 and 2, you cant repair weapons 100% until the end of the game, so you always feel like your scavenging for weapons that are less damaged.

My gameplay complaint is some people only get knocked unconcious its stupid because that isnt realistic I shot a fat man mini nuke at someone and they just got knocked out.

And also the textures look shiny,  not dull, the dirt seems freshly tilled instead of being packed down by years of people, animals, and brahmin, walking around on it. Theres also way too many boulders Its stupid I hate it.

Edit: eh I kind of hate this game now the ending sucks and its really short, also it doesnt recap what I did very well like the first 2 did.
This thread explains why the ending dropped the ball.
#1 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

I thought this game was going to be oblivion + guns, I WAS wrong, I say this game comes very close to the type of game Fallout1 + 2 was, the only difference is the gameplay, Its an fps. 

The game actually dodes a few things BETTER than fallout 1 and 2, you cant repair weapons 100% until the end of the game, so you always feel like your scavenging for weapons that are less damaged.

My gameplay complaint is some people only get knocked unconcious its stupid because that isnt realistic I shot a fat man mini nuke at someone and they just got knocked out.

And also the textures look shiny,  not dull, the dirt seems freshly tilled instead of being packed down by years of people, animals, and brahmin, walking around on it. Theres also way too many boulders Its stupid I hate it.

Edit: eh I kind of hate this game now the ending sucks and its really short, also it doesnt recap what I did very well like the first 2 did.
This thread explains why the ending dropped the ball.
#2 Posted by ManlyBeast (1175 posts) -

I'm loving the game. It'll take me a long time to beat the game I bet, because I still need to beat farcry 2, and when gears2 comes out, I'll be all over that game for awhile.

#3 Posted by DrVanNostren (154 posts) -

I need to get it, it's just I'm working on LittleBigPlanet and Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 right now. I guess having to many games to play is a good problem to have.

#4 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -

It feels like oblivion with guns to me. Not that there is really anything with that, fallout is the better game but it should be its newer. 3rd person view sucks just like it did in oblivion.  Anyone whos played both can see it.

#5 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -
Kratos81 said:
"It feels like oblivion with guns to me. Not that there is really anything with that, fallout is the better game but it should be its newer. 3rd person view sucks just like it did in oblivion.  Anyone whos played both can see it."
Third person is awesome in this game. This is definetly not Oblivion with guns.
Have you even played this game?

#6 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Third person is definitely not awesome. The game is pretty close to having me consider it be my personal game of the year, and I admit the third person is shit. Shooting with it is strange and awkward, and try pulling the camera back and watching the animations, Levio. They are absolutely terrible.

#7 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"Kratos81 said:
"It feels like oblivion with guns to me. Not that there is really anything with that, fallout is the better game but it should be its newer. 3rd person view sucks just like it did in oblivion.  Anyone whos played both can see it."
Third person is awesome in this game. This is definetly not Oblivion with guns.
Have you even played this game?

"
Levio, your posts continue to make me laugh. Sorry but third-person is not a reliable way to play in this game, at all. In fact, I agree with the generalization "Oblivion with guns." Why? Because that's what it is. I was pretty much disappointed by this game and near the end just trudged through, considering my hatred for Oblivion. I just got the full thousand in gamerscore, can't wait to get rid of this trash.
#8 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I don't think the Third-Person sucks, just that the positioning of the camera is too low. If they brought it up to the shoulder more (like Resident Evil 4) it could have been a viable way to play.

#9 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
PureRok said:
"I don't think the Third-Person sucks, just that the positioning of the camera is too low. If they brought it up to the shoulder more (like Resident Evil 4) it could have been a viable way to play."
You can bring it up to the shoulder. Hold left-bumper and adjust it; but the animations are fucking horrible and the shooting is even weirder with it.
#10 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
PureRok said:
"I don't think the Third-Person sucks, just that the positioning of the camera is too low. If they brought it up to the shoulder more (like Resident Evil 4) it could have been a viable way to play."
Not really. The AI is annoying enough to warrant excessive use of VATS. Enemies tend to fidget left and right, taking away a possible fun past-time of just shooting them in the head. It took me way too long to line up shots. Either they move left or right, or crouch then stand up. Mind you, talking specifically about headshots.
#11 Edited by PureRok (4236 posts) -
Jayge said:
"PureRok said:
You can bring it up to the shoulder. Hold left-bumper and adjust it; but the animations are fucking horrible and the shooting is even weirder with it."
I play on the PC. There is no "left bumper". I guess the PC version is better, because the animation looks fine on there.

Edit: It also doesn't go all the way up to the shoulder. It still shows too much of the back.
#12 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Ok this game sucks I didnt know it was so short and the ending sucks.

#13 Edited by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

this game is okay , I'll buy it

Edit : No I’ll rent it    lol

#14 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"Ok this game sucks I didnt know it was so short and the ending sucks."
You are so... I don't even know if words can describe your stupidity. What was your total completion time? I'm 11 hours in and I haven't even touched the main quest.
#15 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Levio91 said:
You are so... I don't even know if words can describe your stupidity. What was your total completion time? I'm 11 hours in and I haven't even touched the main quest."
Really trust me the ending sucks I cant think of a game with a worse ending.
#16 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
Levio91 said:

Im on twenty hours but I am guessing you only did main quest and were a evil character
#17 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -
Levio91 said:
"Jayge said:
"Levio91 said:
You are so... I don't even know if words can describe your stupidity. What was your total completion time? I'm 11 hours in and I haven't even touched the main quest."
Really trust me the ending sucks I cant think of a game with a worse ending."
Fable 2.
#18 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Levio91 said:

Im on twenty hours but I am guessing you only did main quest and were a evil character"
no I was a good character and i did every quest i found.
spoiler alert this is a ending comparison.

s
#19 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Hey Levio, in case you didn't notice that this game is Oblivion with Guns. This game is Oblivion with Guns. They didn't even make new animations for mostly everything. Even when you climb into the dream machine, that's the getting on a horse animation.

#20 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"Hey Levio, in case you didn't notice that this game is Oblivion with Guns. This game is Oblivion with Guns. They didn't even make new animations for mostly everything. Even when you climb into the dream machine, that's the getting on a horse animation."

Because animations decide if a game is the same but I just have to disagree because oblivion was overrated and Fallout 3 is actually good and rated about right and deserves single player game of the year unless another game really brings it. But those saying it is short probably on completed the main quest because im 20 hours in and probably wont beat it til next weekend gears 2 time.
#21 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Ummmm...this is oblivion with guns. That does not mean it sucks, its just not as good as it would have been....maybe if it was actually like....a real fallout game.

#22 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"Ummmm...this is oblivion with guns. That does not mean it sucks, its just not as good as it would have been....maybe if it was actually like....a real fallout game."
It's definitely more than Oblivion with guns.