I'd love some of that Buckfast.

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So I went back and re-watched some of the GDC After Hours livestream they did, and I saw Jeff passing around a bottle of Buckfast, that tonic wine from Scotland. How in the world would I be able to buy a bottle and have it shipped here to upstate NY? Legally of course. Is it even possible? I checked out their site, and I couldn't find a way to buy a bottle or a case or whatever.

Any suggestions on how to aquire some Buckfast? I'm hoping a Scottish user sees this post.

Thanks duders and duderettes!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

There's a duder whose going to NY from Ireland, he has a thread about that topic on here. Buckfast is pretty popular in Ireland. Maybe he could bring you a bottle of it.

anywhereilay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm from Northern Ireland, some of my friends would drink it, and I guess I would too if tired (high sugar/caffeine).

Buckfast is like a really sweet syrup with a blackberry vibe to it. Does that sound appealing to you? You've really gotta consider that, because it'd be quite a lot to post it over just out of curiosity.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to tell you, Buckfast is nasty, almost an acquired taste like that (but not one you want to acquire). I know it has this air of mystique to it 'cause it's the unknown but believe me, you're better off not knowing. It's known as tramp wine for a reason.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i always see breakfast and then i wonder why i don't get drunk more often in the mornin'

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ry_Ry

You're probably better off maxing Jager and Red Bull

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd never drink it, but I'd love to have a bottle around as a conversation piece.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By villainy

@vuud: Oh hey, Buckfast! I didn't know you liked sleeping under benches! ;)

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ghost_cat

Pushing this topic up because I too want to know: how do you go about getting some Buckfast shipped to the states? Can you just purchase it off Amazon.uk?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Petiew

Pushing this topic up because I too want to know: how do you go about getting some Buckfast shipped to the states? Can you just purchase it off Amazon.uk?

I don't think so. Even if you can you shouldn't.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ghost_cat