#1 Posted by Accolade (239 posts) -

In the wake of the loss of the legend that is and will always be Ryan Davis, I thought "What could be put on a shirt that could represent the awesomeness that is Ryan Davis?" Something to remember him by. Something to represent his work with. Something to remember the years of that's-just-what-I-needed-to-hear entertainment.

So I open it up to the members if this question hasn't been posed elsewhere.

What could be put on a shirt that could represent the awesomeness that is Ryan Davis?

#2 Posted by Rabbykayn (213 posts) -

The Giant Bomb crew already has plans for a shirt. They mentioned it in last night's podcast.

#3 Posted by The_Dude_Abides (167 posts) -

...would be pretty perfect.

#4 Posted by MrCleanTrousers (40 posts) -

Y'know those plain ampersand type t shirts that you see a lot of these days? I'd like a plain text t shirt like that that just said:

Hey
Everyone
It's
Tuesday.
1979-2013

Specifically without the dumb ampersands, but just in that style, and I dunno about the date bit at the end. Maybe black text on pink ass pink? I dunno...

#5 Posted by EpicSteve (6438 posts) -

Make it as dumb and colorful as possible.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (12972 posts) -

That's what I was going to post. I think it's be weird wearing a shirt with, you know, date of death, RIP, or really, anything relating to his death. I'd rather use the shirt as an opportunity to celebrate his life.

#8 Posted by cloudymusic (919 posts) -

"MY TECHNIQUE IS DOPE" in big block letters.

#9 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1583 posts) -

@toowalrus: Yes please, it's simplistic beauty knows no bounds.

If possible can some of the proceeds to purchasing our Ryan Davis shirt go towards Child's Play or something along those lines?

#10 Posted by Humanity (7945 posts) -

I'd like the Pikachu avatar from his Twitter account on the shirt.

#11 Posted by zEyePawdz (38 posts) -

I love that picture, and would either want it in a poster or shirt.

....Or Jorts.

#12 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

I'm really hoping for "THANKS RYAN DAVIS".

#13 Posted by kerse (2037 posts) -

@the_dude_abides said:

....Or Jorts.

Yeah same here, except maybe not the jorts.

#14 Edited by Akyho (1549 posts) -

@kerse said:

@zeyepawdz said:

@the_dude_abides said:

....Or Jorts.

Let me ruin your dream folks.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

Koffing is owned by the Nintendo Company. You cannot make it and sell it or else they would get sued up the ass.

Sorry dudes. Lets think of something else for Ryan.

@humanity said:

Again same Copyright infringement.

@toowalrus: Yes please, it's simplistic beauty knows no bounds.

If possible can some of the proceeds to purchasing our Ryan Davis shirt go towards Child's Play or something along those lines?

Or more directly? to his widowed wife? I know that childs play could always use extra cash. But Anna is now directly screwed by Ryans unfortunate death. She needs it far more than being lost in the charity game of bureaucracy.

#15 Edited by MarkJW (74 posts) -

@walkerd said:

I'm really hoping for "THANKS RYAN DAVIS".

I uploaded a free vector design to Spreadshirt with exactly that in Impact, just like the FUCK RYAN DAVIS/CHINA DON'T CARE shirts. Spreadshirt has a neon pink specialty flex material (look for it) which is perfect on black. Spreadshirt also has black shirts WITH BUILT IN BOTTLE OPENERS HOLY SHIT.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/thanks-ryan-davis-C59I12423921/

So go there, get the design, use it for free on any item you want at Spreadshirt in any size you want. Have fun.

#16 Edited by WilliamHenry (1195 posts) -

@akyho said:

@kerse said:

@zeyepawdz said:

@the_dude_abides said:

....Or Jorts.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

Koffing is owned by the Nintendo Company. You cannot make it and sell it or else they would get sued up the ass.

@humanitysaid:

You're right, it would be copyright infringement, but I highly doubt that Nintendo would actually sue them. They would instead hit GB with a cease and desist. It would cost Nintendo more in court fees than they would ever gain from a lawsuit. Not to say that should give GB free reign to use that design though. Not to mention that Olly Moss would have to be compensated as well.

#17 Posted by Bollard (5025 posts) -

On the podcast the guys were talking about some specific punctuation on the t-shirt they are making, which makes me wonder if it's something like "FUCK, RYAN DAVIS".

#18 Posted by kerse (2037 posts) -

@akyho said:

@kerse said:

@zeyepawdz said:

@the_dude_abides said:

....Or Jorts.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

@humanitysaid:

You're right, it would be copyright infringement, but I highly doubt that Nintendo would actually sue them. They would instead hit GB with a cease and desist. It would cost Nintendo more in court fees than they would ever gain from a lawsuit. Not to say that should give GB free reign to use that design though. Not to mention that Olly Moss would have to be compensated as well.

I've seen a bunch of pokemon t-shirts at places like bustedtees, they don't seem like they care, or maybe its not that expensive to get the permission. Then again they may not have noticed, it definitely would be more noticeable on a video game website.

#19 Posted by VanRedd (40 posts) -

It would have to be Ryan goint "Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh". You make it and I buy it.

#20 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

Just this:

<>

#21 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1583 posts) -

@akyho: I wasn't sure if that could be possible, but that would be totally awesome.

#22 Posted by Spoonman671 (4371 posts) -

@kerse said:

@williamhenry said:

@akyho said:

@kerse said:

@zeyepawdz said:

@the_dude_abides said:

....Or Jorts.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

@humanitysaid:

I've seen a bunch of pokemon t-shirts at places like bustedtees, they don't seem like they care, or maybe its not that expensive to get the permission. Then again they may not have noticed, it definitely would be more noticeable on a video game website.

I think Rorie had mentioned doing something where the proceeds would go to charity. I'm not sure if that changes anything legally, but I doubt Nintendo would bother in such a case, bad PR and whatnot. Of course, they did just block EVO from streaming smash brothers, so who knows what those assholes would do.

Anyway, I think I might like RYDOK more. How would Marvel feel about that?

#23 Posted by librariangmr (172 posts) -

I'm a man of simple tastes and I'd be happy with anything, but I would be really happy if they brought back the Ryan NARC shirt

#24 Posted by Nightriff (4338 posts) -

I will get whatever they release, but I do think the "Thanks Ryan Davis" or "Love Ryan Davis" logos would be simple and sweet and would open the door for you to talk about him in remembrance. I also love the Koffing/Davis combo but whatever they do I'm getting one.

#25 Edited by Hassun (684 posts) -

I just hope they make it to order because they will not be able to keep up with demand otherwise (I will most likely be buying more than one even though European import taxes increase the price by 50%).

#26 Posted by RawknRo11a (507 posts) -

what about the Ryan Davis styled for Persona 4 that someone on the site did. or perhaps the pixelated Ryan that another user did. (sorry, can't quite remember who did them or where to find them)

#27 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

I think the picture that Olly Moss did is perfect, but it may need some changes. Instead of using Koffing, it could be the seat Ryan always sat for TNTs. Underneath the picture, it could be "Hey, it's Tuesday!", "Thanks, Ryan Davis." or whatever else.

#28 Posted by McShank (1628 posts) -

@akyho said:

@kerse said:

@zeyepawdz said:

@the_dude_abides said:

....Or Jorts.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

@humanitysaid:

How can companies such as Qwertee.com post and sell shirts that people had drawn themselves of popular things such as Pokemon, batman, etc when they are owned by other companies? I think it would be fine and nintendo would not stop it as its in memory of a dear beloved Duder.

#29 Edited by BRich (428 posts) -

@rawknro11a said:

what about the Ryan Davis styled for Persona 4 that someone on the site did. or perhaps the pixelated Ryan that another user did. (sorry, can't quite remember who did them or where to find them)

Links for people who hadn't seen them before. Phenomenal work from these guys. The one with Ryan leading the pack with that trademark smile on his face is hitting me hard again.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/fobwashed/blog/more-pixelated-giant-bombers/94720/

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/supernormalstep/blog/persona-4-the-golden-duder-project-gb-crew-as-p4-c/96302/

#30 Posted by llamaegg (208 posts) -

@mcshank said:

@williamhenry said:

@akyho said:

@kerse said:

@zeyepawdz said:

@the_dude_abides said:

....Or Jorts.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

@humanitysaid:

How can companies such as Qwertee.com post and sell shirts that people had drawn themselves of popular things such as Pokemon, batman, etc when they are owned by other companies? I think it would be fine and nintendo would not stop it as its in memory of a dear beloved Duder.

Wouldn't it, technically speaking, be fair game as long as it was considered a spoof picture? This is why Avatar XXX and whatnot exist without getting sued to all hell.

#31 Edited by Coafi (1433 posts) -

Another awesome picture of Ryan that could work as a shirt, the artist is Frenden .

#32 Posted by Starbuck88 (1 posts) -

@spoonman671: While we're talking copyright infringement, I just joined the forums to write that I've started working on a Bombcast poster featuring Ryan, Vinny, Brad and Jeff in the style of the Abbey Road cover. I was mainly going to make it to decorate my own wall, but I dont' see why I couldn't post it up for everyone else.

It's slow going since it's hard to find pictures of the guys from the right angles and in high enough quality. Maybe going the pixel-art route would make it easier and more video-gamey, but I'm not very good at pixel art :(.

#33 Posted by Nights (587 posts) -

Didn't they already say they were in the process of selecting a design? Didn't Jeff says something like, "Yeah, that's the one." Whatever it is, I'll take two.

#34 Posted by umdesch4 (770 posts) -

I feel like it really does have to have some form of "Hey Everyone It's Tuesday" on it. Other than that, I don't really care much. I'll wear it with pride.

#35 Posted by Fobwashed (1620 posts) -

Here's something super dumb.

#36 Posted by McLargepants (333 posts) -

@akyho said:

Or more directly? to his widowed wife? I know that childs play could always use extra cash. But Anna is now directly screwed by Ryans unfortunate death. She needs it far more than being lost in the charity game of bureaucracy.

That's exactly what they said on the Podcast, they're doing a shirt, they already have some ideas, and it will directly support his wife.

#37 Posted by FirebirdINF (271 posts) -

I wouldnt want it to be sappy or sentimental deathy thing. That'll get pretty weird to wear very quickly (except to bed).

I do like <>, although I am not sure if its really personal to Ryan

Maybe BALLER TIME? That's a good tshirt type phrase

Or just Taswell with GB related art

But fun! He was a funny balls out kinda guy.

#38 Posted by Dalai (6877 posts) -

It must be either super classy or super dumb.

For the classy t-shirt, I'd go with a cartoon of Ryan doing a podcast on a cloud.

Fos uper dumb, I'd go with a cartoon of Ryan playing Dance Central in The Cloud.

#39 Edited by Gladiator_Games (435 posts) -

Please no Fuck Ryan shirts. I would never get to wear it :(

#40 Edited by LJO1989 (44 posts) -

I was thinking the Fuck Ryan Davis shirt with Fuck blocked out (but still slightly visible) and Thanks written over it.

#41 Posted by umdesch4 (770 posts) -

Yeah, I'm going up to a mall today that has a place that can make you a shirt in an hour or so. I'll be getting a shirt that says "Hey everyone, it's TUESDAY!". I figure if I wear it on any (other) given day of the week, it'll just seem mildly amusing to people who don't know better, and a fitting tribute for those who, for years, have associated that phrase with a source of great joy and laughter.

Of course, I'm also going to buy whatever "official" shirt becomes available here, without a doubt.

#42 Posted by Accolade (239 posts) -

My small contribution to Ryan Davis art

#43 Posted by jeffallton (22 posts) -

I could go for a shirt just like this, but Ryan's face.

#44 Posted by flameboy84 (110 posts) -

@umdesch4: along with buying whatever T-shirt the giantbomb crew end up with I think I'm gonna get one made that says "its tuuuuuuesday" as well.

#45 Edited by The_Reflection (239 posts) -

Put this on a shirt and you have my money. Or fuck it, I might just get this as a tattoo

#46 Posted by phoenix6153 (42 posts) -

any word on the shirt that the guys are planning yet?

#47 Edited by IkeTurner (16 posts) -

How about this. If you have a sharpie or black tape you don't even need to buy a new shirt!

#48 Posted by umdesch4 (770 posts) -

How about this. If you have a sharpie or black tape you don't even need to buy a new shirt!

Oh man, that's really clever!

#49 Edited by FirebirdINF (271 posts) -

That's good. Maybe some sort of giantbomb reference somewhere. Otherwise the uninitiated will think I really like my boyfriend.