ideas for rockband 3

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By kingmasters

ok I have many crazy-ass ideas for rockband 3 and to keep the whole music game category form getting really stale first let me say I'll love love rockband 2 and I've bought over 200 DLC songs
now for my crazy-ass ideas

--you when it says you drummer is complaining play a hard song or you people want you to do stuff like benefit show it would be awesome if there was a cutscene with your made band to show that
it would be unvoiced and just text but it would be awesome

--add in a tinny bit of the sims
the way I mean is like this if you choose to go parting everynight you'll get tired and then get less fans but if you choose to say home all the time you'll be uptight and boring thus getting you less fans so you'll have to balance your partying and your staying home practicing

----pre-song chose your own adventure style choices
when in worldtour mode you pick a song you want to play and you'll see a little thing where you see your band driving to the gig then the drive asks you "should I take main street or park ave" and if you pick the wrong one BAM traffic jam and your late to the gig thus getting less money for the song you were going to play, another choice sleeping with groupies or not you might get in trouble by getting one pregnant or you would just get laid and you play better at the next gig thus getting more fans

the reason I say put this stuff in is because the straight just playing a song is lockdown harmonix knows how to do it you need start putting more stuff to do in it to keep it fresh
and yes playing songs is still what your going to be doing 80% of the time all this stuff is just in between songs  

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kingmasters

ok I have many crazy-ass ideas for rockband 3 and to keep the whole music game category form getting really stale first let me say I'll love love rockband 2 and I've bought over 200 DLC songs
now for my crazy-ass ideas

--you when it says you drummer is complaining play a hard song or you people want you to do stuff like benefit show it would be awesome if there was a cutscene with your made band to show that
it would be unvoiced and just text but it would be awesome

--add in a tinny bit of the sims
the way I mean is like this if you choose to go parting everynight you'll get tired and then get less fans but if you choose to say home all the time you'll be uptight and boring thus getting you less fans so you'll have to balance your partying and your staying home practicing

----pre-song chose your own adventure style choices
when in worldtour mode you pick a song you want to play and you'll see a little thing where you see your band driving to the gig then the drive asks you "should I take main street or park ave" and if you pick the wrong one BAM traffic jam and your late to the gig thus getting less money for the song you were going to play, another choice sleeping with groupies or not you might get in trouble by getting one pregnant or you would just get laid and you play better at the next gig thus getting more fans

the reason I say put this stuff in is because the straight just playing a song is lockdown harmonix knows how to do it you need start putting more stuff to do in it to keep it fresh
and yes playing songs is still what your going to be doing 80% of the time all this stuff is just in between songs  

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'd rather not see a rock band 3 until the next generation of consoles. Originally the first rock band was supposed to be a platform for DLC content, and not have yearly updates like GH. Rock band 2 came along and fixed a load of the problems with the first one, and I don't really see where they could go now.

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kingmasters

well don't call it rockband 3 call it rockband crazy ass edition
you don't have to buy it you didn't have to buy rockband2 all the DLC thats coming out still works with rockband 1

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By VirtuaXav

I'd rather not see it turn into a game anything similar to the sims, making choice on your characters life seems totally irrelevant to me. Perhaps if they try something like that in the next game (I doubt they will), then it could slowly turn into another sims game...

I say just let them focus on the music, bringing out more DLC songs and whatnot. I wouldn't mind leaving the next one till the next generation too. Think about it, if they bring out Rockband 3 there will probably be new peripherals which aren't needed. They got it right in RB2. And if they don't need new peripherals they only need new songs, which can be accessed via XBL or PSN. Let's wait a while before the next game...

kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kingmasters

your taking what I said about the sim the wrong way and plus you not even listening if new song is all it need I would have not even wrote this

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VirtuaXav

I may be taking what you said about the sims the wrong way...I dun exactly know what you were getting at there.

But when I said all they needed was new songs, that's just my opinion and that's all they need to do to have me buying their games. If you think they need a little bit extra then that's great but I'm happy with what they've got now.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By tekmojo

cancel it

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

While I definitely choose Rock Band over GH anyday, even RB 1 is better than GH WT imo, if Harmonix goes that route, and in 09 puts out a RB3, something they said wouldn't happen annually(but look at RB2 coming out a year after) I have a feeling they will sink under just like GH.