Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

What the--?

I thought people were in the "Milk" vibe.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

FUCKIN DUMB if that's true, but I don't think we're getting the whole story.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Sexual things of any nature aren't really allowed. Of course, nobody ever really gets banned for it unless someone else has it out for them. Something tells me the whole story isn't known- as in, this woman was confronted on a game and got verbally aggressive instead of muting her antagonists, provoking them to file complaints on her profile information. Either way, don't look at it as some one-sided bullshit corporate censorship story.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Jayge said:
"Sexual things of any nature aren't really allowed. Of course, nobody ever really gets banned for it unless someone else has it out for them. Something tells me the whole story isn't known- as in, this woman was confronted on a game and got verbally aggressive instead of muting her antagonists, provoking them to file complaints on her profile information. Either way, don't look at it as some one-sided bullshit corporate censorship story.
"
Yeah, Gotta say. This is most likely what happened. Only people I can see as "offended" by it are hardcore religious people, and they aren't normally the ones on xbox live all the time are they?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead
MasturbatingBear said:
"Jayge said:
"Sexual things of any nature aren't really allowed. Of course, nobody ever really gets banned for it unless someone else has it out for them. Something tells me the whole story isn't known- as in, this woman was confronted on a game and got verbally aggressive instead of muting her antagonists, provoking them to file complaints on her profile information. Either way, don't look at it as some one-sided bullshit corporate censorship story.
"
Yeah, Gotta say. This is most likely what happened. Only people I can see as "offended" by it are hardcore religious people, and they aren't normally the ones on xbox live all the time are they?
"
I've been in several Call of Duty games with overt religious people including one guy was explaining to his mate why his weapon packs were named after religious characters. 'This one's called Moses because he took it to the Egyptians. But he never took them on violently which is why everything has a silencer on it.' I am paraphrasing but it was disturbing as hell.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Coltonio7

There aint nothing wrong with liking the same sex!

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MasturbatingBear
HandsomeDead said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Jayge said:
"
"
I've been in several Call of Duty games with overt religious people including one guy was explaining to his mate why his weapon packs were named after religious characters. 'This one's called Moses because he took it to the Egyptians. But he never took them on violently which is why everything has a silencer on it.' I am paraphrasing but it was disturbing as hell.
"
Disturbing? that sounds awesome. Well I mean obviously some people are religious on xbox live. But im just saying the really crazy ones are generally those who hate gays, they also would prob hate call of duty.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alexander
HandsomeDead said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Jayge said:
"
"
"
Oh man I lol'd
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Coltonio7
sidescroller said:
"Well, if she had just CHOSEN to be STRAIGHT this all could have been SOLVED.
"
Get out of here man.
strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By strangeling

I read the links in that article too.  I find the Richard Gaywood situation especially ridiculous.

I would also wager that those same people who find others being gay offensive, use the phrase "your [sic] gay" to trash talk during matches.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead
MasturbatingBear said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Jayge said:
"
"
"
Disturbing? that sounds awesome. Well I mean obviously some people are religious on xbox live. But im just saying the really crazy ones are generally those who hate gays, they also would prob hate call of duty.
"
Naming packs of guns after religious figures isn't crazy enough for you?
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Lies
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Snipzor

I call bullshit on this: "Yes 'TheStraighterGamer' or 'TheHeterosexualgamer' would have gotten the same treatment and would have been found to be in violation and forced to be changed,"

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The lesson here is, most people on Xbox Live are not people who you want to know, and half of the time they really don't want to know you.

The less information you provide in your profile, the less pricks you will have coming after you.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

dude i name mine after religious characters also 

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MasturbatingBear
LordXavierBritish said:
"The lesson here is, most people on Xbox Live are not people who you want to know, and half of the time they really don't want to know you.

The less information you provide in your profile, the less pricks you will have coming after you.
"
Truth. Also, I dont use a mic and it prevents troubles for me. I only turn it on when I accidentally betray someone in Halo and I need to apologize.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
sidescroller said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"sidescroller said:
"
Get out of here man.
"
I can see my sarcasm didn't translate too well.
"
I got it.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snipzor
sidescroller said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"sidescroller said:
"
Get out of here man.
"
I can see my sarcasm didn't translate too well.
"
Personally I found what you said to have been the best thing that came out of Giantbomb so far. Then again, I only started count when you said it.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Milkman

I think that all the parties involved are dumb as hell.

1. Microsoft - for suspending the account
2. The lesbian - for putting that in their profile. I mean, really? Does she think anyone cares? Is she trying to find a date?
3. But mostly, the people who actually "followed her from game to game harassing her". I mean, are you fucking kidding me? First, how many people actually go and check everyone's profile? Second, are people really that fucking ignorant? It really just blows my mind.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Coltonio7

RAINBOW WARRIOR

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_

Anyway, on the subject of CoD4 classes, I name all of mine after racial stereotypes.

Sniper class --> Injun EagleEye
Shotgun w/ Juggernaut --> Rodney King
SMG (double tap required) --> Repressed Asian Rage
M16 w/ Stopping Power --> Cheating White Man
AK47/Rockets --> Hadji Special

It's all the rage in Mississippi.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I have to say, though, that Richard Gaywood is a name that's just asking for it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayge_
AndrewGaspar said:
"I have to say, though, that Richard Gaywood is a name that's just asking for it.
"
He prefers Dick. Dick Gaywood.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hexpane

Well my thread was locked as duplicate, I'm wondering why not merged as a bunch of people had some long comments to make? My bad for not seeing this thread first.  But I would like to respond to one comment from
the other thread which suggested I was somehow "t3h bais against xbxo!"

Rating 
0 [ + ][ - ]

Thats right no other service, no other part of online has this problem.
Infact nothing besides xbox live has this, real life doesn't even have this, Real life was happy and cheery flowers and butterflies Xbox live is the source of all evil in the universe.

*rolls eyes* psn is the exact same way but because of the deficet of mics *current numbers by sony 20 million psn, psp, playstaiton.com accounts* thats 20 million users with only about 1000 with mics so we dont hear about this stuff but i do remember all the harrasment on home where if you had a girl avatar you had no choice but to have 50 million guys dance ontop of you..ect
The internet is the exact same way.
Hexpane you make it out that only xbox live is this way.
P.S: its not censorship censorship is part of the public sector you don't have to sign up for xbox live its a private network.

---------------------------------

No,m I did not "make it out that only xbox live is this way" I copy and pasted from Kotaku...   I'm not sure why you are bringing PSN into it, PSN is not mentioned in the article

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#26  Edited By mike

We don't have the tools to merge threads, unfortunately.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By suneku

we have no merging tool, sorry

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DirrtyNinja
I would have sent her a friend request  and invited her to a game of uno. I bet i could "turn" her.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hexpane

Oh my bad for not knowing that.  I did a horrible cut and paste job btw... :(

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hexpane
DirrtyNinja said:
"I would have sent her a friend request  and invited her to a game of uno. I bet i could "turn" her.
"
Good lord, my lesbian friends can't stand d00ds who embrace that silly cliche.
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Jensonb

The fact there is a rule banning that sort of info is almost more offensive than the fact they suspended her account. This is the 21st Century, we absolutely do not hide our identities because they might be offensive to other people, especially when it is those people who are in the wrong for being prejudiced.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DirrtyNinja
Hexpane said:
"DirrtyNinja said:
"I would have sent her a friend request  and invited her to a game of uno. I bet i could "turn" her.
"
"
I cannot stand "d00ds" that fail to recognise comedy genius.
Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ubergeist

It's sad you have to pay for Live and then they just ban you. Especially for something like that.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By c1337us

Well it seems a bit stiff to get banned for it. But why would you want to bother with broad casting your sexual orientation at that point in that manner? I cant see how it would be beneficial to you in that setting as to improving the gaming experience.

Besides if the rules are no sexual stuff, thats the rules. I think appropriate edit should have been made and just move on, not banned. If that had of been the case, my issue wouldnt have been about having that content edited, its that I am sure that if for some reason someone decided to specifically identify themselves as being heterosexual there wouldnt have even been an issue raised. 

All up it seems like a lot of unnecessary fuss for nothing.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don`t see why this would be a problem, little things like this shouldn`t bother people "OMFG HE ADMITTED HE WAS GAY IN HIS PROFILE, BAN HAMMER TIME LOLOLULS"

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Snipzor
DirrtyNinja said:
"Hexpane said:
"DirrtyNinja said:
"
"
I cannot stand "d00ds" that fail to recognise comedy genius.
"
I cannot stand people who blatantly rip from Chasing Amy.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crunchUK
Hexpane said:
"Oh my bad for not knowing that.  I did a horrible cut and paste job btw... :(
"
Yeah you turned it into some kind of xbox live bashing thread. I was going to copy/paste my ocmment then saw it would be completely out of place here because there is no "OmG XBOX LIAV SUX !!11one" in here
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

This thread is gay.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By LiquidPrince

Wow...

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Snipzor
c1337us said:
"Well it seems a bit stiff to get banned for it. But why would you want to bother with broad casting your sexual orientation at that point in that manner? I cant see how it would be beneficial to you in that setting as to improving the gaming experience.

Besides if the rules are no sexual stuff, thats the rules. I think appropriate edit should have been made and just move on, not banned. If that had of been the case, my issue wouldnt have been about having that content edited, its that I am sure that if for some reason someone decided to specifically identify themselves as being heterosexual there wouldnt have even been an issue raised. 

All up it seems like a lot of unnecessary fuss for nothing.  "
Well saying you are a lesbian is not "sexual stuff".
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By c1337us

Ok yeh I didnt word that well. And personally I dont care if anyone wanted to say so, I am by no means offended or put off by it. I just dont see why its necessary in that setting so of Microsoft dont want that sort of information there I dont see why that is a big deal that they ask people not to do it. Also I missed your earlier post about announcing yourself heterosexual is treated the same, thats all that interest me. It would come across very poor to me if they didnt apply the same rule across the board.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By KamasamaK
Milkman said:
"2. The lesbian - for putting that in their profile. I mean, really? Does she think anyone cares? Is she trying to find a date?"
As odd as it sounds, some people do try to look for dates on XBL with occasional success. I suppose that could be a reason, or perhaps she considers that part of her identity. Either way, not allowing something like that is absurd. I doubt Microsoft would act the same if someone simply identified themselves as straight.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mike

I'm sure this is a case of users abusing the reporting feature on Xbox Live.  Isn't it set that if enough people report a profile as offensive, it's automatically edited or temporarily banned by Microsoft?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By Arkthemaniac
MB said:
"I'm sure this is a case of users abusing the reporting feature on Xbox Live.  Isn't it set that if enough people report a profile as offensive, it's automatically edited or temporarily banned by Microsoft?
"
That's stupid. Does that mean I can go and report someone that has a curse in their profile because they beat me at Gears online? And it'll fly? Man, you can never trust that kind of power to people . . . unless they are Giant Bomb, and that power is in the form of mod-less editing.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By KamasamaK
MB said:
"I'm sure this is a case of users abusing the reporting feature on Xbox Live.  Isn't it set that if enough people report a profile as offensive, it's automatically edited or temporarily banned by Microsoft?"
Even if that's true, she claims that Microsoft denied her appeal.
BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BiG_Weasel
ZombieHunter said:
"dude i name mine after religious characters also 

"
Me, too. I just name 'em all "Mohammad" and get all kinds f death threats :)
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mike
Arkthemaniac said:
"MB said:
"I'm sure this is a case of users abusing the reporting feature on Xbox Live.  Isn't it set that if enough people report a profile as offensive, it's automatically edited or temporarily banned by Microsoft?
"
That's stupid. Does that mean I can go and report someone that has a curse in their profile because they beat me at Gears online? And it'll fly? Man, you can never trust that kind of power to people . . . unless they are Giant Bomb, and that power is in the form of mod-less editing.
"
I think it takes a lot of people reporting for any action to be taken, but I could be wrong. 
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mike
Arkthemaniac said:
"MB said:
"
"
I think it takes a lot of people reporting for any action to be taken, but I could be wrong. 
SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SoothsayerGB

She did it to be cause trouble.    Got what she deserved.

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kane
DirrtyNinja said:
"
LOL, aint that the truth