• 75 results
#1 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

say you really want to read a review/watch gameplay of game X. but GB doesn't coverage of game X!

SO WHERE DO YOU GO TO FIND COVERAGE FOR GAME X?

I usually go to Eurogamer because I like their writing, and if not them then gamespot because they usually have coverage of most things.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

If it's not on GB or RPS, it ain't worth knowing!

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

I read a review on polygon a couple weeks ago for assassins creed 3. I guess polygon?

#4 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Joystiq and the PlayStation blog for news. If GB doesn't cover a game I simply don't look for coverage and I'll go check said game out for myself. I don't read other sites reviews because I don't know their writers. And without knowing their writers I can't begin to understand what they get out of a game.

#5 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

The forums

#6 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Usually read gameinformer reviews and their opinions on games. They're my seond favorite game crew.

#7 Posted by Xeirus (1305 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

If it's not on GB or RPS, it ain't worth knowing!

hah, that's literally what I was about to say :D

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Generally the forums, but I will also check GameTrailers, IGN and Twitter.

#9 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

A very dark corner where I can cry myself to sleep.

#10 Posted by DimeBagWylde (4 posts) -

Shacknews or RPS for me

#11 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

I generally check Polygon daily, and when a major release happens, I tend to check GameSpot, Destructoid, and IGN for reviews. I realized I should probably check Rev3 and GI more, as those sites are nice.

#12 Posted by gabha (355 posts) -

Youtube for videos, metacritic for reviews.

#13 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

Rock Paper Shotgun and PC Gamer, because I game mostly on the PC.

#14 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -
#15 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

This implies that I need more coverage than Giant Bomb gives me. Anything video game related that I don't get from GB, I get from the forums or Twitter.

#17 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Gamebomb.ru.

#18 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

polygon

#19 Posted by 71Ranchero (2771 posts) -

All I need are quicklooks. Video game "news" and reviews are mostly frivolous or just fluff. If anything interesting happens it will pop up on the forums here so all bases are covered.

#20 Posted by kon1312 (48 posts) -

I really enjoy reading edge - but I guess I'm not visiting them for news either... For the simple purpose of news it's cvg, or joystiq.

But in the end all, that really matters are quick looks, and the gb crew.

@mnzy: well, I liked them a whole lot more, when the were at giga. since it's game one I can't really stand, what they produce.

#21 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Whatever shows up on google near the top that suits my criteria ussaly, if its not on Giantbomb i ussaly just look for a few game play videos and skim read a few reviews and make a judgement.

#22 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

I read a review on polygon a couple weeks ago for assassins creed 3. I guess polygon?

Same here. Rock Paper Shotgun sometimes too.

#23 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

It's always on Giantbomb, always.

But if it's not I'll just watch some gameplay videos on youtube and look at metacritic for the general consensus.

#24 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5828 posts) -

I usually check Gamespot, IGN, or Gametrailers for news and reviews first. Sometimes I'll watch GB quicklooks and I rarely read the reviews here.

This usually provides me with all the info I need.

#25 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

I will typically google it and click on the top 3 results. I will read through the articles or watch the videos or whatever and if I don't like it I won't finish it. Other than that I check IGN daily. Though most of their stuff is *SONIC IS NOT AS GOOD AS BEFORE* type of crap.

#26 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

I get a lot of my game impressions and news from podcasts. Player One Podcast is usually the only other thing I use.

#27 Posted by MackGyver (546 posts) -

Joystiq

#28 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

Or I go to google, type in the game name and click on the first thing that pops up.

#29 Posted by LikeaSsur (1532 posts) -

I go to the GameFAQs message boards for the game and get a general feel for it, because our video game forums are lacking hard.

That's about it. Giant Bomb is all I need, really.

#30 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Kotaku

HAHAHAH Just kiddinig

#31 Posted by figurehead00 (142 posts) -

I tend to go to Giant Bomb and Polygon daily. Sometimes Joystiq for quick headlines and 1UP for more coverage of JRPGs.

#32 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

If it's not covered by GB, there's always someone on the forums talking about it. So, the forums.

#33 Posted by Nev (548 posts) -

@Coafi said:

If it's not covered by GB, there's always someone on the forums talking about it. So, the forums.

Yep, same here.

Hit the forums, find whatever isn't on Giant Bomb or Twitter.

#34 Posted by Tolshakk (83 posts) -

AM talk-radio

#35 Posted by Downloaded (178 posts) -

If it's not a Quick Look or video feature on GB, I generally don't care about it. When a game isn't covered in that form here, I'll either check the forums or go to youtube/RPS. I really like the yogscast crew, and TotalBiscuit has a channel where he does something similar to Quick Looks called "WTF Is..." which is usually good enough for me even though I think he's an obnoxious little git that takes himself too seriously.

#36 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@thabigred said:

Rock Paper Shotgun and PC Gamer, because I game mostly on the PC.

Yerp.

#37 Posted by forkboy (1151 posts) -

Football Manager doesn't get any coverage here so I tend to read The Dugout, a fan forum for the game, for all the latest news, tips, tactics, etc. I guess I occasionally go on Joystiq, it's in my favourites but I don't visit as often as a couple of years ago for whatever reason. That's about it.

#38 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Used to be Kotaku nows its Polygon for all you can eat news.

#39 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

Unfortunately, Kotaku. A good 80% of their content is godawful (and that's being generous), but usually they're one of the first sites for news or trailers - if anything I actually use them to find out what news is, and then go elsewhere for reporting on it. I don't visit IGN often, but I follow them on facebook and get some news from their page too. But Eurogamer are also quickly becoming one of my go to places not just for news, but editorial content - they have some really good stuff up every once in a while. 

I get my WoW-news from WoW Insider, and general MMO stuff from Massively too, because like hell would they get coverage on GB. But for stuff like gameplay footage, or video content in general, I come to Giant Bomb.

#40 Posted by Kidavenger (3556 posts) -

Anything other than Giantbomb is pretty much podcast only: Idlethumbs, Weekend Confirmed, 8-4, Final Score

#41 Posted by Grillbar (1835 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

A very dark corner where I can cry myself to sleep.

pretty much

#42 Posted by Carryboy (678 posts) -

Gameinformer and metro.co.uk/tech/games i go by there reviews more then anybody's.

#43 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

I get Edge in the mail for bathroom reading. Other than that, I don't really seek out news the way I used to. So I'm probably missing a bunch of lesser known gems. But then again, that's sort of what makes GB great. Focus on big new games and lesser known ones with a buzz.

#44 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Joystiq/Polygon/Siliconera for news/articles.

Giantbomb/Rev3 Games for videocontent.

#45 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

Joystiq is my go to mindless news or something breaking because they will post anything. They aren't as bad as a IGN or Kotaku so I don't mind them too much.

Polygon I was hoping to be my 2nd site but I think since the launch they have been kinda shitty, I'll keep visiting it every now and again but not as much as I visited when they where on the verge

#46 Posted by BeachThunder (11943 posts) -

For quick looks that aren't quite Quick Looks, NorthernLion and TotalBiscuit.

#47 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

Nowhere, because I don't need or want the "coverage" that other sites offer. Even the other sites that aren't just a stream of gossip and meaningless articles don't interest me much.

#48 Posted by MikeydCT (565 posts) -

If I want to see game play of a game I go to Twitch, I follow trueachievement so I get 360 news from them and everything else look later or go to gamespot.

#49 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

But GB is my only source for Brad Muir... RPS mostly, occasionally RPGfan.

#50 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I browse Gamespot, IGN, Gamersyde, and occasionally GameInformer when I want to check to see if there's any news floating around. I semi-regularly go through RPS too.