#1 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1012 posts) -

#2 Edited by charlie_victor_bravo (1012 posts) -

In a recent video Jeff showed some interest into a making a full fledged FMV-game. If he would make it as a Kickstarter project, would you support it - with money?

#3 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

Yes, but I'm Jeff.

#4 Posted by The_Nubster (2147 posts) -

I don't see an option for "Yes, if it's any good."

#5 Posted by SlashDance (1815 posts) -

That's the point where the joke stops being funny, when they actually do it and it's complete shit. So probably no.

#6 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1012 posts) -

@The_Nubster: It is a FMV-game, so in traditional sense it can not be good. Every FMV-game falls into one of the two categories: bad or so bad that it is good.

#7 Posted by cloudymusic (1118 posts) -

Throwing money at Jeff for video content is something I already do today on Giant Bomb, so why not?

#8 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

Yes, but only if the story revolves around Hunkadunk.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (21652 posts) -

It I had the (copious amounts of) money, I would invest in a sea of god awful video game adapted films and then fund Ryan to review them for TANG.

#10 Posted by fisk0 (4113 posts) -

Absolutely. It should also be shot in 4K resolution.

#11 Posted by Superkenon (1435 posts) -

I'm a professional when it comes to throwing money at Jeff.

#12 Posted by Levius (1135 posts) -

Only if Vinny is Director of Photography.

#13 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

So...what ever happened to that Cards Against Humanity: Giant Bomb Pack? Yeah...

#14 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Honestly, yes...yes I would.

#15 Posted by Beaker (94 posts) -

@Ubersmake said:

Yes, but only if the story revolves around Hunkadunk.

#16 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

No.

#17 Posted by The_Nubster (2147 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

So...what ever happened to that Cards Against Humanity: Giant Bomb Pack? Yeah...

The suggestion site is still up and functioning. This isn't an overnight thing, you know, right? They have to meet with legal staff to talk about company rules and policy, how money is going to be divvied up between both parties, who would be responsible for any serious legal backlash that the expansion would cause, as well as talking to corporate about what it means for Giantbomb's image as well as CBSi's (keep in mind that CAH is largely blamed for shutting down Leo Laporte's show, which would concern CBSi), what amount of time it would be acceptable for GB to take away from "regular programming" to team up with Max and the team to discuss these cards, etc. etc. etc.

Shit doesn't just happen. GB is part of a corporation now, and there's a lot of stuff to go through in order to greenlight this kind of stuff, especially in regards to something that prides itself on being horribly offensive and socially unacceptable.

#18 Posted by Humanity (9259 posts) -

I'd YouTube it but have no interest in actually "playing" it.

#19 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

No. If they were going to do it, it should be budgeted based on how much money they have in their pockets at that moment

#20 Posted by FLStyle (4701 posts) -

I'm Spartacus! (Yes I would.)

#21 Edited by ShaggE (6454 posts) -

I keep picturing the main menu as Jeff sitting in Ryan's hostin' chair and saying in his overly-enthusiastic Kinect Sports Guy voice: "HI, I'M JEFF GERSTMANN! I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY GAAAAAME!" (to be looped every seven seconds)

Because of this, I keep trying to will this game into existence, but it's just not working.

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Nah those games are boring, they are fun to watch though.

#23 Posted by CornBREDX (5295 posts) -

I dont think they should make a FMV game. They should make a DVD game where you just hit enter to progress and funny stuff happens.

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (13202 posts) -

I suppose I'd have to watch the trailer first to see if it looks any good.

#25 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

Indeed I would.

#26 Posted by Blimble (302 posts) -

only if it was a musical which took place in Space Egypt

#27 Posted by Mezmero (1904 posts) -

Nope. Instead I'll take the return of TANG over the man hours it would take for them to produce something that vaguely resembles a game.

#28 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

No because GB crew are not game designers. 

#29 Posted by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

sure why not

#30 Posted by Abendlaender (2806 posts) -

Maybe? I guess it depends on the amount of money, I certainly wouldn't pay 50$ but 5-10? Who knows

#31 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I will do whatever I can to make Jeff's fever dreams a reality.

#32 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I bet they would do this for next years goty's stuff or least in the style of. I'm already paying for it!

#33 Posted by Cathryn (546 posts) -

Yes. Wouldn't contribute a whole lot, but definitely on one of the lower tiers. I'm already a paid subscriber here -- shelling out a bit more for an FMV game made by Jeff is definitely not a big deal :)

#34 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (370 posts) -

Bless you for that third option.

I also think it's a bit silly to imagine that we can't have good fmv game that's not trying to be funny primarily. It's not the 90s anymore and technology has evolved. So I guess my counter question would be can we make a fun fmv game that doesn't rely on the notion of being dumb in a fun way?

#35 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Yep.

#36 Posted by ejiehi (123 posts) -

Jeff Vs. Raiders Vs. Chargers

#38 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

@ThePhantomStranger said:

Bless you for that third option.

I also think it's a bit silly to imagine that we can't have good fmv game that's not trying to be funny primarily. It's not the 90s anymore and technology has evolved. So I guess my counter question would be can we make a fun fmv game that doesn't rely on the notion of being dumb in a fun way?

They're not exactly serious, but I think the Tex Murphy games are actually legitimately good. They're well-produced and while some of the gameplay is dated most of it holds up. They're making a new one right now, so I guess that'll be the test to see if FMV games can still be good.