#1 Posted by gunninkr (147 posts) -

What would be some good events? Fighting game brackets maybe, or sports competitions like NBA Jam or Madden tourney's…endless possibilities.

#2 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Starcraft.

/thread

#3 Posted by 71Ranchero (2829 posts) -

Speed runs of getting to the Duck races in Shenmue 2.

#4 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

I find watching most games gets boring very easily. I haven't watched Starcraft, but the only exception for me would be fighting game tournaments, and that's just because the crowd can be great.

#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4985 posts) -

EVO says "wassup."

#6 Posted by mtcantor (951 posts) -

Caveman Games. Skate or Die. T&C Surf Design.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6434 posts) -

Starcraft, CS, and Quake. Duh.

#8 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

No items, Fox only, Final Destination.

#9 Posted by Kidavenger (3628 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

I find watching most games gets boring very easily. I haven't watched Starcraft, but the only exception for me would be fighting game tournaments, and that's just because the crowd can be great.

It's funny, since I started visiting this site, I find I spend more time watching games being played than actually playing them now.

A gaming pentathlon would be awesome; one contestant has to race through a level of each different gaming genre; score 100k in Frogger -> get 10 kills in Battlefield 3 -> complete Daytona in Gran Turismo 5 -> get 10 stars in Super Mario 64 -> score 10 goals in NHL '94 .

#10 Edited by Xymox (2115 posts) -
#11 Posted by WildFloyd (127 posts) -

Speed runs of classics would be awesome, people are still trimming seconds of OoT, mario 64 etc. Other than that, Starcraft, CS, TF2, the various fighting games currently being played competitively. All that stuff seems to be continually getting bigger, its probably only a matter of time. Picking a random terrible game each time to set speed runs on would be something ridiculous I'd watch.

#12 Posted by Loafsmooch (365 posts) -

Hundreds of people doing speedruns of Dark Souls at the same time, everybody being able to invade everybody. And only one life.

#13 Posted by Dixego (389 posts) -

@Loafsmooch said:

Hundreds of people doing speedruns of Dark Souls at the same time, everybody being able to invade everybody. And only one life.

Oh, MAN that would be awesome.

#14 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

I find watching most games gets boring very easily.

This, I'm only entertained when I'm playing them myself.

#15 Posted by BulimicBalzac (93 posts) -

@gunninkr: If there was a gaming Olympics I believe the terrorist would have won and all the terrorist would mass plot a brutal slaughter of said Olympics. A Jihad on the gamer culture, honestly an Olympic games dedicated solely towards video game shit would be incredibly easy place to bomb or takeover. There aren't going to be many fit people, most have never seen a real gun and these factors would combine into form a lot of dead gamers.

So think of the consequences of these actions..

#16 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3027 posts) -

No, don't you see we have a chance to flip the script on what 'gamers' are? Gamer Olympics should be the most grueling physical activities every conceived mixed with critical thinking skills. Nobody want to see people play video games.

#17 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

Button Mashing mixed with DDR.

#18 Posted by Turambar (6890 posts) -
@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Button Mashing mixed with DDR.

So Beatmania?

#19 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@MonkeyKing1969 said:

No, don't you see we have a chance to flip the script on what 'gamers' are? Gamer Olympics should be the most grueling physical activities every conceived mixed with critical thinking skills. Nobody want to see people play video games.

You're probably in the wrong website if you make that claim. Just sayin'.

#20 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Same here. It is why the appeal of the endurance runs eludes me.

#21 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

Hmm. If I were to run an all inclusive gaming competition I'd basically do evo in terms of the fighting games, then some starcraft, a huge room full of arcade machines where players can compete for the top score, and maybe some mario speed runs so people can see something familiar?

#22 Posted by believer258 (12184 posts) -

@MonkeyKing1969 said:

This whole website is built on watching dudes play video games.

#23 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

It happens multiple times a year and is called the GSL.

#24 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

How far can you get playing the helicopter game.

#25 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

Starcraft.

#26 Posted by toolzz360 (172 posts) -

@Loafsmooch: yes that

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Catherine.

#28 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

Body odor

3 categories: large, obese and morbidly obese.

#29 Posted by CatsAkimbo (644 posts) -

Time trials of concussion grenade jumping maps in Team Fortress Classic.

#30 Posted by chilibean_3 (1694 posts) -

If there was a Gaming Olympics it would be terrible. It would get terrible ratings, get taken over by Spike and it would get even worse.

#31 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

thps2 sonnnn!

#32 Posted by gunninkr (147 posts) -

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball homerun derbies.