#51  Edited By musubi

@Abyssfull said:

@Animasta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Abyssfull said:

@Animasta said:

@MikeGosot said:

Also, heads-up for Binary Domain and Asura's Wrath. These games are awesome.

Binary Domain is one of the best games I've played in a while, so amazing.

I just recently completed Binary Domain. It's alright, a far cry from anything 'amazing' I'd say. Despite having a lot of anticipating for it, I now find it hard to understand why so many people seemingly love this thing. Make no mistake, I think it's a good game, but nothing outstanding or anything. Is all the praise primarily rooted within the characters?

Well, i loved everything, seriously.

Including the superfluous squad mechanics, over-extended boss battles, poor frame-rate and how the story quickly implodes nearing the end?

well, the framerate wasn't that bad (it never bothered me) and I don't think the story implodes nearing the end (I felt the end was justified enough and it was hella entertaining) but sometimes you just love a game that isn't the greatest, but it's got something about it that just makes it amazing. Alpha Protocol was this for me, as was Nier

The ending just didn't make a lot of sense to me. And I know that there are alternate endings and such, but the one I got:

everyone's motivations were completely out of sync. Faye was a hybrid and was dead-set on killing everyone, yet once it came to the final battle, she decides 'whatever' and opts to join you anyway. And yeah while Dan did spare her life, he was also still very much all for destroying the AI and the technology to create more hybrids, and then is willing to still stick with Faye and fight against an entire nation with her because of.. true love? C'mooooon! A really cheap and fairy tale romance I'd say. And the US Government want to kill all the hybrids and hollow children, yet also want to save the AI that created them because they wanted... the technology? I suppose that's understandable considering Phillips was all of a sudden transformed into a Bond villain. And just why would Dan turn against his country like that anyway when he's, again, so equally accepting of what these hybrids are? As in Faye, the apparent love of his life.

Let's see, Big Bo's betrayal came out of nowhere too and felt like it was there just to tick off another character for some dramatic effect; also Rachel... lol, like what was even the point? And then there was Kurosawa who just disappears completely! I at least know that Cain (and Shinto?) return if you're a high enough trust level, but Kurosawa doesn't even give you the chance for any such trust to form really. Unless he does return even still in another ending? I guess I can't judge entirely, but the ending I got overall felt messy and tried to push everything out of the gate a little too fast--notably the Dan & Faye relationship arc to lead into a sequel. Well, you can definitely tell this is a story by the Yakuza guys in any case ;P

I'm not one to shrug at the idea of loving a game that's definitely out of the ordinary; Deadly Premonition hit the #3 spot on my 2010 GOTY list. But it's very clear as to why people can bow down at such a game. Binary Domain for me comes across as being largely generic; some great characters at least, but nothing that would stand out in a ''best new character of the year'' award. Alpha Protocol is another I can easily see the appeal; there's a lot I personally like about that game as well, despite its vast amount of problems. Binary Domain for me feels like it's really stretching it, though.

Also: irrelevant, but holy christ, Troy Baker and Laura Bailey like to duo up in damn well everything! You'd think they were joined at the hip or they had some sort of contract where they have to star in a game together once per month. But man, Troy Baker was pretty great in this all the same. When it all comes to a head discovering about the hybrids and then on, Baker gives a great performance as he clashes with Dan.

EDIT: Actually, Travis Willingham done a surprisingly good job as Dan too. I was all ready to write Dan off as some rent-a-Shepard marine, and I was pleasantly surprised with how much he grown on me.

Word. Binary Domain was the best surprise of this year for me. That game is WAY better than it has any right to be and I was super happy that it ended up being as good as it was. Loved the story and characters.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Red

Mass Effect 3. There's no way I could've waited longer than I did to play that game.

If we're just talking for the rest of the year, though, I'm torn between Infinite, Borderlands 2, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3.

Infinite is probably the game I'm most looking forward to, but it's also the game I'd spend the least time with.

Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 are kind of unknowns, as, while I could end up spending a bunch of time with them, I also could just not end up hooked on the combat/mechanics/structure/classes.

Which leaves me with Borderlands 2. I don't know if it'll be better than any of the games above, but I do know that I'll still love it, and sink many, many hours into.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Assassin's Creed III. No question.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By BPRJCTX

Right now...

Trials Evolution!!!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Ravenlight

Diablo III. I don't see myself investing as much time in any other game this year. Skyrim included.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By crusader8463
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#57  Edited By BeachThunder

Definitely Skyoshock.

I really hate feeling like I'm anticipating this game far too much; I think I should ease up a little D:

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Hector

Bioshock for sure!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit.

Between AC 3, Diablo 3, Max Payne 3, and Darksiders 2.

Leaning mostly towards AC 3.

Edit: Damn, forgot about Guild Wars 2. That's way up there for me as well. So many games this year and there's still a few I need to play from last year and several I want to play that have already come out this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Max Payne 3.

@Grilledcheez said:

BioShock

BUT THAT GAME IS FROM 2007!!!!!!!!111

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Borderlands 2

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By asurastrike

If you asked me a year ago, I would have said Mass Effect 3. But after spending the better part of the last 2 days with my Wii, I have to go with Xenoblade Chronicles, it is spectacular.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By fjordson

Grand Theft Auto V if it were to release this year. Though since it doesn't have a confirmed release date...

Definitely Max Payne 3.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ares42

I would like to go with Prey 2, but guess it's gonna have to be Borderlands 2.

Also, to all the D3 guys, hope you're not gonna be bitterly disappointed :P

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By JoeyRavn

Assassin's Creed III for me. Diablo III, Borderlands 2 and the PC version of Dark Souls are tied for the second place.

Edit: Oh, and Darksiders II. Lots of sequels this year, but fuck it. They all look awesome.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BioShock Infinite.

But there are way too many good-looking games coming out and I genuinely don't understand people who say they only want one game this year.

Ammut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ammut

Trials Evolution

New player made tracks year round, fun multiplayer.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Borderlands 2, yo.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By tescovee

Darksiders 2! come on peoples! games going to be boss

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By jacdg

Fifa 13.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By RIDEBIRD

GW2

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Questionable

@Aetheldod said:

For better or worse Mass Effect 3 hands down ... despite the ending I love the game and the multiplayer has me hoocked as well , so there.

....have you ever played multiplayer games before?

There is no questioning taste but ME3 is really at the lower end of the spectrum.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By TobbRobb

Diablo.... If I can put down 10h on a single day with the beta, then I'm pretty sure I can get some mileage out of the full game.

IntoTheN1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By IntoTheN1ght

Diablo 3 easily

All the other big hitters will be good but you wont be playing AssCreed 3, Bioshock Infinite, ME3 years from now. These are a "games of the week" once you are done they will be on your shelf forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I could... you're cruel

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By ajamafalous

Is Pandaria this year?

Eviternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Eviternal
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MeierTheRed

Hawken

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#79  Edited By EpicBenjamin

Halo 4.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Aetheldod
@Questionable said:

@Aetheldod said:

For better or worse Mass Effect 3 hands down ... despite the ending I love the game and the multiplayer has me hoocked as well , so there.

....have you ever played multiplayer games before?

There is no questioning taste but ME3 is really at the lower end of the spectrum.

Oh condesendence ... great :/ ... yes I have  , all the main ones (from Street Fighter/Halo/COD /Battlefield/Gearsof War) so I dont need you to tell me ,  MASS EFFECT MP is fun and awesome , it lends it self perfectly for what the mp is and ME universe  , no matter what suppose "profesionals" say (unwilling haters more like it). But yeah is more about taste which was the FUCKING question to begin with , asshole, And why is at the lower end???? It provides fun and enterteinment with the least amount of fustration , oh I get it unless it is COD mp is not worth it? FUCK IT
Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Ares42

@Aetheldod said:

@Questionable said:
(from Street Fighter/Halo/COD /Battlefield/Gearsof War)

Hate to be that guy, but it's a sad day when those are the games that's supposedly are the "end all be all" of multiplayer games :P I guess that's what happens in this "consoleified" era though. Consoles are just so far behind when it comes to online experiences it's not even funny.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Vorbis

Planetside 2.

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By zaglis

Even though it looks like shit, I would still pick CS:GO, no competition.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mrfizzy

Assuming that GTA V is out this year then I would have to say that. If not then it comes down to a battle between Assassin's Creed 3 and BioShock Infinite. Of those two I'm thinking AC for the free roam and replay value.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By DeF

impossible, I'd have to toss a coin and find one by process of elimination this way. there's just too much!

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By phrosnite

can.not.do.it.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Winternet

"We Love Mr. Domino"

if only . .

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#88  Edited By Sambambo

Borderlands 2 or Fifa 13

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Guild Wars 2, no contest.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#90  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Mass Effect 3, which I've already played. The game could have been complete and utter crap the whole way through, but I still would have needed to play it because I was so heavily invested in the first two games. Luckily the game wasn't complete crap the whole way through, even if the last mission of the game was the worst part of it (and I'm not even included the ending, I'm just talking the mission itself).

But if you mean games that aren't out yet, then...I would say Prey 2, but they haven't even said if those cancellation rumors are true or not. If Prey 2 still exists, then Prey 2, if not, then Assassin's Creed III.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Grillbar

diablo 3 most lkely

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Ares42 said:

@Aetheldod said:

@Questionable said:

Hate to be that guy, but it's a sad day when those are the games that's supposedly are the "end all be all" of multiplayer games :P I guess that's what happens in this "consoleified" era though. Consoles are just so far behind when it comes to online experiences it's not even funny.

Other than MMO's, what is there on the PC that sets it so far apart from consoles? Most PC gamers play the same old games, COD, Battlefield, etc..

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Heart of the Swarm.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Ares42

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Ares42 said:

@Aetheldod said:

@Questionable said:

Other than MMO's, what is there on the PC that sets it so far apart from consoles? Most PC gamers play the same old games, COD, Battlefield, etc..

RTS's , MOBAs, and then all the classics that "made" online gaming like Quake, CS, Diablo, TF etc. All of these games have/had communities that makes console online experiences look infantile. The communal pay-off you get through online PC gaming is so far beyond anything you get on consoles.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By krazy_kyle

Stupid thread

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Bioshock Infinite, Diablo III.

joku2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By joku2002

AWWW this is tough. Amazing spiderman!

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By sickVisionz

Witcher 2 or Anarchy Reigns. Leaning a little bit more towards AR. I loved Bayonetta and the idea of multiplayer Bayonetta sounds great and something that I could easily drop 100+ hours into.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#99  Edited By Kidavenger

Diablo 3

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only two decent games I have played this year so far is "Fall Of The Samurai" and "Sins Of The Solar Empire: Rebellion".

I have no idea what future games are like. This thread seems to be hype hype hype, exactly the problem with gaming. Why don't you try fucking waiting and seeing what the game is like before declairing it the "shitz".