• 98 results
#1 Posted by Naturaleader (10 posts) -

If you could "Jack In" Matrix style to any video game universe at any time or place with in that universe what would you explore or who would you talk to?  What questions would you try and answer or what would you want to experience?  I would jack into World of Warcraft and fly around as a druid in Northrend for a while then go to Ironforge to see how hot it was inside.

#2 Posted by Kibblez (702 posts) -

Sounds pretty ironic but probably Liberty City. It would be like going to New York, but even zanier.

#3 Posted by Fudgeblood (217 posts) -

I'd 'jack into' Noby Noby Boy. Just sit around, trip some balls then fly to the moon man.

Yeah.

#4 Posted by TheAdmin (711 posts) -
#5 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -
#6 Posted by Phished0ne (2482 posts) -
@99X said:
" I'd jack in to Dead or Alive: Paradise so I could jack off.   ha! get it? "
Gah! you were mere seconds ahead of me.
#7 Posted by Naturaleader (10 posts) -
@Kibblez said:
" Sounds pretty ironic but probably Liberty City. It would be like going to New York, but even zanier. "
I would stay clear of Liberty City because if were following Matrix rules you might not come back.
#8 Posted by wwfundertaker (1396 posts) -

Jacking into Vice city sounds awesome.

#9 Posted by Undeadpool (4908 posts) -

Earthbound just to see if their burgers really ARE as good as they seem to be in the game.

#10 Posted by Bombs_Away (1010 posts) -
#11 Posted by IzzyGraze (850 posts) -

Monkey Island and I'd master the art of insult sword fighting.

#12 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

Probably Warhammer 40k just to see what it was like. Then probably die in like 10 mins just cuz how fucked up that universe is.

#13 Posted by Naturaleader (10 posts) -

I would jack into FF7 to see if materia makes a good hacky-sac.

#14 Edited by Ninja (518 posts) -

Mass Effect. Always Mass Effect. I'd love to be a spectre with my own ship.

Also Shepard never has to eat or sleep, that would be quite good.

#15 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Eragon because I think that universe is pretty cool when reading the books even though the game was, as far as I know, shit.

#16 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Probably MW2.  (reason being is I'm an airsoft fanatic, and I've always wanted to go to war for a day, with none of the usual consequences of death, depression, etc.).  That or something completely crazy like Borderlands, Mass Effect 2, or Dragon Ball: Raging Blast

#17 Posted by Ninja (518 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
" Eragon because I think that universe is pretty cool when reading the books even though the game was, as far as I know, shit. "
I agree with this also. You would not however want to 'jack in' to the universe of the movie and the game as it is garbage, like you said.
#18 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -

Pokémon may seem like it's for children, but it'd be hells of awesome. You disagree? Let's Pokébattle.

#19 Posted by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -
@Aaox said:
" Pokémon may seem like it's for children, but it'd be hells of awesome. You disagree? Let's Pokébattle. "
Ya know, you're actually pretty damn correct. 
#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

F-Zero.  Why?  FAST CARS/SHIPS/VEHICLES ARE AWESOME!

Super Mario Galaxy would be another one.  Flying around in space, running upside down.  It would be just one crazy experience I would love to live.

#21 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -
#22 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -
@Aaox said:
" Pokémon may seem like it's for children, but it'd be hells of awesome. You disagree? Let's Pokébattle. "
This. I'd love to have pets that respond to whatever I do, and fight people for me. That'd be awesome and fun. 

Plus the pokemon worlds are like the cheeriest places ever, even the bad guys are somewhat just a rag-tag gang of loveable losers. 
#23 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6087 posts) -

Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist.  Why?  I could pop pills all day and smell of horse shit.  That's the life for me!
#24 Posted by Astras (973 posts) -

Final fantasy 7..i'd try and fck up Clouds life where possible!

#25 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

I would jack off all over Tifa in FF. Oh wait.... You said Jack In. Whoops.

#26 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

When I heard this I thought Megaman Battle Network.

#27 Posted by TorgoGrooves89 (346 posts) -

The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. My favourite game world ever created.
#28 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -
@Aaox said:
Pretty much this.
#29 Edited by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

Zool. Because of this world:

Look at all those sweets. 

*Drools*
#30 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

What's that game where you lay about on the beach while beautiful bikini-clad (or less) women feed you grapes by day and make mad passionate love to you through the night?  That's the game I'd want to jack into...either that or Burgertime because I'm kinda hungry right now.  Mmm, all-you-can-eat burgers.

#31 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

When you said "Jack In" I immediately thought of Megaman: Battle Network I would love to jack in to that game. 

#32 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" When you said "Jack In" I immediately thought of Megaman: Battle Network I would love to jack in to that game.  "
That game is amazing. Played it for hours.
#33 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

Psychonauts! It's a freaking psychic summer camp and you can enter people's minds.

#34 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -
@Aaox said:
Dude, yes! then we could finally solve the great mystery of, wheter or not Pokéman are edible or not. and which tastes better.. 
#35 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

red dead redemption

#36 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -
@Titl: Yeah, do they like, eat Pokémon? 'Cause you can't live on berries. So does that mean that they'd eat Magikarp or something?
#37 Edited by Tennmuerti (8005 posts) -

Baldur's Gate

D O N E 

Backed up by a huge and extensive universe, everything else can go sit on a sidewalk and suck a thumb.
I'll be checking out different planes, drinking badass brew with dwarves, playing chess with Mephistopheles and going to dark elf sex parties!
#38 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -

I'd have to go with either Sanctuary (from Diablo fame) orrrrrrrr . . . . .Eternal Sonata.  They fight with music over there man!

#39 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -
#40 Posted by Kohe321 (3522 posts) -
#41 Posted by ahoodedfigure (4238 posts) -
@Naturaleader:  Nice question.  I wouldn't know where to begin.  I made a list a bit ago about places I'd like to see life-size; I guess this is another way to actually explore those.

I'd want to hang out in the Forbidden Land in Shadow of the Colossus and just lie down in the grass, watching the clouds, feeling the warmth of the sun and the wind whipping past me, knowing that at least in this virtual universe there were no powerlines or planes overhead.  Would be a nice escape once in a while.
#42 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Dudes obvious choice is obvious, the Metal Gear Universe.

Why?

Because it's batshit insane, just imagine being a regular person in the Metal Gear Universe, think about it.

#43 Edited by TheHT (10888 posts) -

KoTOR! cause the star wars universe is huge.

@Gabriel said:

" Dudes obvious choice is obvious, the Metal Gear Universe.  Why?  Because it's batshit insane, just imagine being a regular person in the Metal Gear Universe, think about it. "

Cause there ARE no regular people in the Metal Gear Universe! :O
#44 Posted by ozzdog12 (856 posts) -
@Naturaleader: wait...you can't?
#45 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -
@Aaox:  That is the question that haunts me in my nightmares. Magikarp would be the everyday meal, though. i wonder how fancy it would be to eat Charmander...Or Koffing
#46 Posted by thePAHC (56 posts) -

Obviously the correct choice is pokemon. I mean... really. You throw a ball at an animal to make it yours forever. And then if you talk to professors and zany terrorist groups that don't actually hurt you, you get the chance to catch huge, boss pokemon. Some of them even control time and space. And how fucking cool would it be to control time and space. Every aspect is just boss as shit. Flying pokemon, Ghost pokemon, water pokemon, PSYCHIC pokemon, oh! Damn it would be cool.

#47 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -
@Titl: But, plants? Like, Oddish? Is that food? Do they eat the Moomoo Pokémans? Pidgey? PIKACHU?!
#48 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -
@Phished0ne said:
Gah! you were mere seconds ahead of me. "

That's what she said
#49 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Brothel

#50 Posted by Titl (539 posts) -
@Aaox:  Yeah, they are definitely chowing down on some Pikachu, i think that they use the plant Pokémans like Oddish, as a side dish, with some kind of dressing. But i don't think that Pidgey is all that popular as food. It would be kinda gross to eat a Pidgey..He'd be a snack for the Carnivore Pokémans.