#1 Posted by F (5 posts) -

I was reading this article earlier, and thought it would be a good thread idea. :) 

So, if you could only buy one more game for the rest of the year, which would it be? 

I'll start. 

I think I'd pick Skyrim. Because the trailer all look epic, and if I were to only buy 1 game, i'd want a long lasting one. So 300+ hours sounds like a good idea. 

What about you?

#2 Posted by Redbullet685 (6090 posts) -

Uncharted 3. I love Uncharted 2, and the UC3 beta was amazing.

#3 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

Skyrim I'd say..

#4 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Battlefield 3 

Oh you want a reason? Well it's gonna be the most mindblowing 64-player competitive multiplayer PC shooter out there. Cutting edge technology and the perfect fusion of realism and arcade-ish shooting and action.

#5 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

I would buy Portal 2, which I have not played yet.
#6 Posted by TheWyotee93 (180 posts) -

Arkham City...... I think.

#7 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Skyrim without a doubt.

#8 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Battlefield 3 Oh you want a reason? Well it's gonna be the most mindblowing 64-player competitive multiplayer PC shooter out there. Cutting edge technology and the perfect fusion of realism and arcade-ish shooting and action.
#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Persona 2: Innocent Sin.

#10 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

Probably Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, because it looks awesome and has crazy characters. 

#11 Posted by TooSweet (400 posts) -

I want to say Arkham City but Battlefield 3 might be the one I'd play for a very long time so I'd go with that.

#12 Edited by Icemael (6364 posts) -

Dodonpachi Resurrection. The game looks dope and I'll probably be playing it for years. 

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Battlefield 3  Oh you want a reason? Well it's gonna be the most mindblowing 64-player competitive multiplayer PC shooter out there. Cutting edge technology and the perfect fusion of realism and arcade-ish shooting and action.
Didn't you post a thread about how Battlefield 3 was going to be a complete joke not long ago?
#13 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

Either Skyrim or DE: Human Revolution, I`d add Guild wars 2 to this list, but who knows when that is coming out...

#14 Posted by desolation15 (113 posts) -

Saints Row 3 or Skyrim. They're both so pretty I can't decide which one I want to take to the dance.

I'll go with Saints Row 3 because I imagine Skyrim sell better and would be cheaper, faster - used. (See Mass Effect 2)

#15 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

saints row the third

#16 Posted by BrandNameCommercial (56 posts) -

Probably Uncharted 3, because that's one of the few multiplayer experiences I've ever gotten hooked to, and of course if the last game is any indication the single player will be fantastic.   

#17 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -

Probably BF3, because I love battlefield games.

#18 Posted by DonutFever (3540 posts) -

It's weird, the game I think I'll enjoy the most and the game I want the most are different. I think if I could only buy one more game this year, it would have to be The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. But I think I'll enjoy Batman: Arkham City, or Skyrim more than that.

#19 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Revelations

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Icemael said:
Dodonpachi Resurrection. The game looks dope and I'll probably be playing it for years. 

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
Battlefield 3  Oh you want a reason? Well it's gonna be the most mindblowing 64-player competitive multiplayer PC shooter out there. Cutting edge technology and the perfect fusion of realism and arcade-ish shooting and action.
Didn't you post a thread about how Battlefield 3 was going to be a complete joke not long ago?
I think he's being sarcastic. As for me, I'd go with Portal 2, mainly because I don't see everybody making dumb turret opera jokes or any other dumb memes.
#21 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

That's tough. Either Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Modern Warfare 3. Probably UMvC3. 

Wait, scratch that. Dark Souls all the way.

#22 Posted by Bigheart711 (1240 posts) -
#23 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

Torn between Arkham City and Revelations.

#24 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

Skyward Sword.

#25 Posted by YI_Orange (1172 posts) -

Dark Souls

#26 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

Batman!

#27 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

Super Robot Wars Z2.2

#28 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

damn i still havent bought Infamous 2....  i cant answer this question

#29 Posted by Bonsai (93 posts) -

Skyrim or Uncharted 3

#30 Posted by Ricerx (64 posts) -

I keep hearing not so good things about Deus Ex but even if it's bad that's the game I most want to play 

#31 Posted by GunstarRed (5483 posts) -

Gears 3 even though im more excited to play Uncharted.  I could play Horde forever.

#32 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Ricerx said:

I keep hearing not so good things about Deus Ex but even if it's bad that's the game I most want to play

Really? I've heard nothing but high praise, especially from the nerds who played the leaked build. It's one of my top picks of 2011, but Skyrim still wins all the way.

#33 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Thank someone that that this is just another "what if" scenario though. Asking me to only buy one game for the rest year is like asking people to stop breathing

#34 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Battlefield 3, with SW: TOR as a close-ish second.

#35 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Icemael said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
Battlefield 3 Oh you want a reason? Well it's gonna be the most mindblowing 64-player competitive multiplayer PC shooter out there. Cutting edge technology and the perfect fusion of realism and arcade-ish shooting and action.
I think he's being sarcastic. As for me, I'd go with Portal 2, mainly because I don't see everybody making dumb turret opera jokes or any other dumb memes.

I'm pretty sure he has converted back to the believers again.

Battlefield 3 for me.

#36 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Really close call between BF3 and Dark Souls

#37 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@Icemael said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
I think he's being sarcastic. 
No i'm not being sarcastic.. 
 Yes, i still have the mild belief that BF3 will not be anything remotely close to what a BF2 sequel should be, which is what makes it a big joke, however that doesn't affect the fact that it's gonna look great and feel great and be fun 

So while i'm still going to buy the game and probably enjoy it, that thread was about some firm beliefs on DICE's new design direction and philosophy based on their BC2 success. 

Yes BF3 is gonna blow us away, but also yes there's a chance (i say chance because new information has emerged which slightly changed my opinion) that it's going to be a joke because it doesn't deserve its name.
#38 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5416 posts) -

I bought Arkham City so hah!  I get a free one.

Uncharted or Assassin's Creed.

#39 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

Jurassic Park for the Sega Genesis!

Or maybe Dark Souls I can't decide.

#40 Edited by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

can't choose:(

#41 Posted by Ksaw (353 posts) -

Probably Assassins Creed: Revelations. I enjoyed the story in ACB well enough but I keep coming back to the multiplayer.

#42 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -

Battlefield 3

#43 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Dark Souls.

#44 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I'm ready to strap it on.

#45 Posted by saxmusician20 (135 posts) -

The new Elder Scrolls. Hands down. Why? Replay value and amount of hours you can throw into that game. I don't see how you can NOT get your monies worth from that game. (Unless it is a broken piece of junk.)

#46 Posted by BeachThunder (12446 posts) -

Upcoming games or just any game? 
Does the whole season of Jurassic Park count as one game?

#47 Posted by Animasta (14730 posts) -

Deus Ex probably

#48 Posted by KingKavik (19 posts) -

Diablo 3

If that doesn't come out, Battlefield 3 most likely (though Batman might smack some sense into me before that).

#49 Posted by Just_an_other_muffin (90 posts) -

Bastion I have been wanting to play that game since it launched.

#50 Posted by LiquidPrince (16183 posts) -

Uncharted 3.