• 93 results
#1 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
#2 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

RPG!

#3 Edited by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

If I missed one feel free to yell at me in the thread.

I chose RPG, because even though I don't play a ton of them, when I do I get obsessed and spend the most time, and have the most fun with them.

Edit:  Oh, man I forgot fighting games.  Sorry old people. (hee hee)

#4 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Delicious RPGs.

#5 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

RPG

#6 Posted by august (3824 posts) -

I game largely to experience new realities from the inside, so I'll have to go with fps. Really any fp game that takes place in real time, could be stealth like the Thief series.

#7 Posted by TurboMan (7339 posts) -

Platformers have always brought me my favorite games.

#8 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" Platformers have always brought me my favorite games. "
You crazy.
#9 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

FPS.  I'm all about the online gaming. 

#10 Posted by gike987 (1746 posts) -

RPG because they are usually the longest games with most replay value, and they don't suck like MMO.

#11 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@gike987 said:
" RPG because they are usually the longest games with most replay value, and they don't suck like MMO. "
lol, so true.
#12 Posted by TurboMan (7339 posts) -
@ArchScabby:  
Most of the great 2D games are considered platformers 
Every Mario game, PS1 & PS2 classics such as Crash Bandicoot to Ratchet and Clank(and I consider Uncharted a form of platform game too), Psychonauts(my favorite game)..... 
#13 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

RPG no even a question

#14 Posted by NoXious (1338 posts) -

It actually depends, will I have internet / fellow gamers? Then RTS. Given the proper tools all kinds of weird shit could be made, think WarCraft 3 / StarCraft 2 maps like DOTA.
If I'm stuck after an Apocalypse and I'm all lonely in my Vault I'll be hitting up RPG's!

#15 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Just one? 
For the rest of my life?! 
Boy, then video games would lose their zest very quickly. 
But alright, i'll pick one. 
Adventures... and i consider Survival Horror under that category. 
And aren't RPGs somewhat of adventures as well...?
#16 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Sadly, probably sports would keep me most intrested. Its not something to grow out of either.

#17 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

YOU MISSED TBS. 

Sorry about yelling  xP 
I picked RTS because they will essentially be different every time you play them because of the vast options, but the reality is that I still prefer TBS like Civ IV, but if you include TBS with RTS, then it is all good.  RPG is a close second, but it doesn't have all the replay value of RTS/TBS.

#18 Posted by fuzzyponken (694 posts) -

Fucking platformers, dude. That's what games are all about, anyway. And there's probably millions to choose from. 

#19 Posted by Shirogane (3562 posts) -

RTS. 

All the insane maps in War3? Think of all the stuff that'll be done in SC2. 
That essentially comprises every other genre... 
I"m sure somebody will be able to make an FPS map...
#20 Edited by TheSilentTruth (1106 posts) -

Racing. Need for Speed (mainly Most Wanted) and Burnout have been good to me.

#21 Posted by MajorToms (366 posts) -

FPS, but only if it was with a mouse and keyboard.

#22 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" YOU MISSED TBS.  Sorry about yelling  xP I picked RTS because they will essentially be different every time you play them because of the vast options, but the reality is that I still prefer TBS like Civ IV, but if you include TBS with RTS, then it is all good.  RPG is a close second, but it doesn't have all the replay value of RTS/TBS. "
you should have picked shovelware because then you could play every game that comes out for the wii XD
#23 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -

Dude! You missed fighting games! Argh, damn it!

Other than fighting games, I pick MMO. I spent a lot of time playing Runescape, even though it was a shitbag of a game. Anybody want to challenge that? I double dare you, motherfucker.

#24 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

FPS because it's a proper game, and lasts forever, like chess.  PRGs are great, but once I finish the story, I put the game away.

#25 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Sports and if given a choice, Golf.

#26 Posted by Atlas (2428 posts) -

RPG. If I had to, I could spend the rest of my like cycling between Oblivion, Dragon Age, Baldur's Gate II, Diablo and the Tales JRPG's.

#27 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" FPS because it's a proper game, and lasts forever, like chess.  PRGs are great, but once I finish the story, I put the game away. "
well it's not one RPG forever is all RPGS
#28 Posted by pause422 (6169 posts) -

No solid answer..I couldn't choose just one thing, because I switch genre of games so I don't get tired of one too often. I guess the first answer would be RPGs though.

#29 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
" YOU MISSED TBS.  Sorry about yelling  xP I picked RTS because they will essentially be different every time you play them because of the vast options, but the reality is that I still prefer TBS like Civ IV, but if you include TBS with RTS, then it is all good.  RPG is a close second, but it doesn't have all the replay value of RTS/TBS. "
you should have picked shovelware because then you could play every game that comes out for the wii XD "

Yeah, you heard me  :-) 
#30 Posted by TheHT (10786 posts) -

third person action. seems like i could have a bunch of different sorts of games from third person hack n slash to third person shooting, etc.

#31 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
you should have picked shovelware because then you could play every game that comes out for the wii XD "

"
was just a joke mine old chum
#32 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
was just a joke mine old chum "
So was mine.  Damn internet not conveying my actual thoughts  :/
#33 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
was just a joke mine old chum "
So was mine.  Damn internet not conveying my actual thoughts  :/ "
^__~
#34 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

3rd Person Action games.  There are so many games that could fall within the boundaries that I'd love to play, I think I'm just going to stick with that one.

#35 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

RPG. That's pretty much all I've been playing anyways recently.

#36 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Platforming games. I'd love to spend the rest of my life playing Ratchet and Jak games.

#37 Posted by Fbomb (1168 posts) -

Judging by longevity, I'd have to say RTS. Not my favourite genre, but would probably have the most legs.

#38 Posted by FrequentBeast (51 posts) -

MMO hands down. I played wow for three years straight, while having a thousand other games I COULD be playing. If It was my only option I'm sure it would do just dandy

#39 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

Gonna go with RPG on this one, my favorite genre

#40 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Arcade games! God, I'd go insane if all I could play was RPGs.
Fighting games is a good one aswell.

#41 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

RPGs, most definitely.

#42 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

Tactical Role Playing Games, e.g.  Disgaea, Front Mission, Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem.

#43 Posted by Veektarius (4533 posts) -

Turn based strategy.

#44 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Platformers have a huge arse scope. Mario, Ratchet and Clank...

#45 Posted by Fudgeblood (217 posts) -

Simulators! Hell, even just ArmA 2 would last me about 10 years.

That, or FPS's. The Source engine has some sweet mods.

#46 Posted by Jeust (10448 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" Delicious RPGs. "
I could say Survival Horror, but after a while it would just be depressing. 
#47 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@ArchScabby: You forgot Puzzle games. Not that anyone that visits this site would actually pick that.

I chose Adventure. But it all really depends on the individual game. Obviously.
#48 Posted by Rio (592 posts) -

RPG, more specifically Action RPG 

#49 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

RPG's, I guess. At least I could cheat a play the occasional FPS with RPG elements. 

Honestly if I were stuck to one genre I'd go insane.

#50 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

How could you not have fighting games on the poll?