• 141 results
#1 Posted by EpicSteve (6490 posts) -

Smash TV for me.

#2 Posted by PenguinDust (12553 posts) -

Centipede or Millipede (it doesn't matter which one).  It's my favorite arcade game and it's just not the same game without a trackball.

#3 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

probably the full motion After Burner one. Why? Dude that thing spun around!

#4 Posted by SomeJerk (3299 posts) -

Riiiiiiiidge Raceeeeeeeeer! Pull up to the starting line and rev your engine, come on! We're ready and waiting for you

But if we're talking non-deluxe specials then I'd just want a Taito Egret 2 cab (with my own sound hardware modifications) and someone to come by and rotate the monitor for me. You should treat yourself to a cabinet when you come home from service Steve.

#5 Posted by Aronman789 (2682 posts) -
Polybius
#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

I would want a Ms. Pacman/Galaga cabinet.

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Either Galaga or Gauntlet Legends

#8 Posted by phish09 (1110 posts) -

Off Road or Elevator Action
#9 Posted by bartok (2540 posts) -
#10 Posted by MEATBALL (3319 posts) -

Initial D ver. 3

#11 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2384 posts) -

Metal Slug.

#12 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

I don't know the name of it, but it was have driving-game, half light-gun game. Two player. Both players shoot, one player drives. Or one dude drives, and the other wields both guns. 
It wasn't the best game. But the idea was great, and the execution did the job. 

Other than that, it'd either be Ninja Gaiden (arcade version, obviously), or MKII.

#13 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Golden Tee

#14 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

I'd probably go for a classic. Something like Pac-Man. Or maybe even Pong. You can't go wrong with Pong.

#15 Posted by EpicSteve (6490 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

I'd probably go for a classic. Something like Pac-Man. Or maybe even Pong. You can't go wrong with Pong.

Would you want the Galaga/Pac-Man combo machine, or just go all-out classical with a Pac-Man specific cabinet?

#16 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1293 posts) -

I have really fond memories of those big X-Men cabinets with like 6 joysticks....either one of those or MK2

#17 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

@MattyFTM said:

Would you want the Galaga/Pac-Man combo machine, or just go all-out classical with a Pac-Man specific cabinet?

Wasn't it Ms. Pac-Man that had a combo machine with Galaga? I'm not opposed to Ms. Pac-man & Galaga but I'd rather stick completely classic and get an original Pac-man cabinet.

#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

House Of The Dead 3. Or a Beat 'em up like Golden Axe, Final Fight, or Castle Crashers(Yes, there's a Arcade Cabinet of Castle Crashers.).

#19 Posted by YI_Orange (1163 posts) -

Time Crisis. I love me some Time Crisis. Sad part is, every time I went to an arcade(even funspot) the guns were always so poorly calibrated.

#20 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

NBA Jam or Pac-Man

#21 Edited by Fyrecroe (29 posts) -
@Damian: That would be Lucky and Wild.

I'd pick Crazy Taxi.  Or maybe one of the 'Diehard' cabinets.
Oh wait, Police 911, I might pick that one...
#22 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

alien vs predator

#23 Posted by Badhands (399 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

Smash TV for me.

This for sure.

#24 Edited by coaxmetal (1640 posts) -

Probably Tempest, I love that game. Only game room game I bought, though I immediately regretted it since it controls horribly.

#25 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, or The Last Blade 2. Third choice would be Ghouls N' Ghosts... maybe Metal Slug. I'd prefer it to be a game a friend can join into.
#26 Posted by WhiteHowler (15 posts) -

Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom for sure. I can't believe they haven't released this on Xbox Live Arcade or something by now.

Of course, if I could have any arcade fixture regardless of format, I'd kill for an Addams Family pinball machine in good condition.

#27 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

There is only one answer. Discs of TRON in the upright cabinet.

#28 Posted by Jimbo (9866 posts) -

Never really cared for arcade games. You can have mine if you like.

#29 Posted by Zidd (1851 posts) -

a MAME cabinet. Why choose a game when you can have all of them? Failing that a 4 slot neo geo cabinet loaded up with metal slug games.

#30 Posted by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -

Undoubtedly Galaga- one of my first Video game memories is standing in our local arcade (which is now a Barns & Noble) and watching my dad play Galaga- he taught me the double ship trick! Man I miss thag guy...

#31 Posted by Foil1212 (445 posts) -

Probably Pac Man or Ms. Pac Man/Galaga. I have some good memories with the star wars game, track and field, and a weird version of dig dug for arcades. I'd probably go for the Ms. Pac Man/Galaga combo for value.

Or, wait. Marble Madness...

#32 Posted by EpicSteve (6490 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@EpicSteve said:

@MattyFTM said:

Wasn't it Ms. Pac-Man that had a combo machine with Galaga? I'm not opposed to Ms. Pac-man & Galaga but I'd rather stick completely classic and get an original Pac-man cabinet.

Yes, it was Ms. Pac-Man to be correct. At least I haven't ever seen a Pac-Man/Galaga combo.

#33 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -
@Fyrecroe: Thanks! Been over a decade since I've seen it.
#34 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

probably street fighter. ive never been good at it with a controller, but i was always good at the old arcade...for a 9 year old

#35 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Third Strike or SF IV.

#36 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

NBA Jam Tournament Edition.

#37 Posted by sirdesmond (1245 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

Smash TV for me.

Same for me. Either that, Total Carnage, or Altered Beast I think.

#38 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

Bubble Bobble.

#39 Posted by JJOR64 (19020 posts) -
#40 Posted by HumanityPlague (251 posts) -

As blasphemous as this is going to sound, I'd rather just have a good dedicated MAME cabinet. That way, you could just have all the games you could ever want.

#41 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

#42 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

I would either go with Pacman or Ms Pacman.

Would prefer Ms Pacman but either of them in good condition would be a lot of fun to own i think.

#43 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

Strikers 1945

#44 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

Time Crisis 2, or Metal Slug X (really a Neo Geo in general).

#45 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

For some strange reason tekken 3.

#46 Posted by Fishstick (156 posts) -

1942 or Golden Axe.

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

A pinball machine. Don't really have any fond memories of playing arcade machines, as the only ones in my area when they still existed were at a bowling alley, and they had a terrible selection.

#48 Posted by jaymorgoth (242 posts) -

I'm definitely down for the Capcom Beat em ups, those were pretty good. Also Ironman Ivan Stuarts Super Off Road racing! The turbo horn noise is worth it alone.

#49 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Three 'Ors' for me.

The Simpsons Cabinet 
 or
Sunset Riders
or 
Full Set Up Virtual-On with the joysticks and the fake cockpit.

Edit: Ok one more, one of those SNK Cabs that had 4 games in it, King of Fighters, Bust-A-Move, Metal Slug and something else.

#50 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Probably Ms. Pac-Man.