inb4Bioshock2
havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By havelava
Assasins Creed, bought it, was vastly underwhelmed.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

This thread is going to lead to bad places.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye
@Br3adfan: agreed.
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Cazamalos

KABUKI WARRIORS

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 71Ranchero

Mario 64

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By hatking

I guess the only time I've ever really thought that was BioShock 2... they just could have put those sources to something new.  That story really just didn't need touching... but I suppose it was going to happen one way or another.  I suppose beyond that I don't really care, most other games I enjoy aren't so story focused or if they are they are built for sequels(Mass Effect). 

Just to be a jerk Final Fantasty VII and Ocarana of Time.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Rayfield

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

There isn't any, that's silly. I wouldn't take a game away from fans just because I didn't like the game, even if the only fan is the lead designers mother or something.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

1) This thread won't lead anywhere positive. 
2) Final Fantasy 7
Avatar image for natural_deadhead
natural_deadhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By natural_deadhead

Yes, all of those shitty Ubisoft, imagine games. Like, what the fuck?
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By handlas

well well.....I'll say it before someone else says it just to piss people off.  Halo.  Why?  Cuz I've never enjoyed it as much as everyone else and will never and people dislike me for not liking it.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By clubsandwich

superman 64
halo and call of duty, yes, i went there.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By JJOR64
benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By benitobb

Dynasty Warriors
SimonM7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By SimonM7

I thought this thread would contain games that lead to trends that are awful, but it's just another "game I don't like" thread. :|

UNIMPRESSED!

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bjorno

rock band: green day

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By davidwitten22

Mass Effect 2. It's a great game and the 3 hrs, I've played of it have been very enjoyable. I'm just sick of watching my roommate play it.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgentofChaos

Duke Nukem Forever... AND I WON.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By handlas
@SimonM7 said:
" I thought this thread would contain games that lead to trends that are awful, but it's just another "game I don't like" thread. :|  UNIMPRESSED! "
well why would you say you wouldn't want a game to exist that you liked?
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@SimonM7 said:
"I thought this thread would contain games that lead to trends that are awful, but it's just another "game I don't like" thread. :|  UNIMPRESSED! "

Final Fantasy 7 birthed the trend of games being exactly like Final Fantasy 7.  Are you impressed by me? 

Yes? 
No?
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By blackbird415

N/A every new game makes some kind of positive impact no matter how you look at it. while this may sound idiotic considering the number of
stupid minigame collections on the wii, but that lead target to stop carrying anymore minigame collections BAM POSITIVE OUT COME OVER SHITTINESS. The imagine crap is also not meant for you, its meant to entice the stereotypical american girl, considering that the percentage of the female population that is an actual consumer of video games is rather sad I dont see any of those as a negative. If any of those imagine games gets a ds in the hands of a girl and entices her deeper into the video game market, possibly some mario, eventually some viva pinata, then if lucky enough some fallout and call of duty, but if those imagine games can get one girl to do that, then bring on those damn imagine games. WE NEED MORE FEMALES IN THE VIDEO GAME MARKET PEOPLE!!! Its one of the only ways that video games might make a huge dent of the stigma of video game nerdome and childishness. I know I love playing video games with my girlfriend and if we can make it easier for future video game nerds to converse with the opposite sex, then theres a step forward

SimonM7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SimonM7
@FiestaUnicorn: Thoroughly! :D

@handlas: Well obviously it has to be a game you didn't like, but who cares about a game that is rubbish and just disappeared?

Think about this like a Sarah Connor scenario, if you didn't want every action game to be cover based and third person, you'd wish Gears away. Just as an example.
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By handlas
@SimonM7 said:

" @FiestaUnicorn: Thoroughly! :D

@handlas: Well obviously it has to be a game you didn't like, but who cares about a game that is rubbish and just disappeared?  Think about this like a Sarah Connor scenario, if you didn't want every action game to be cover based and third person, you'd wish Gears away. Just as an example. "

but i like Gears ;)

Well, I already said Halo.  Which is more popular probably.  Maybe without it we wouldn't have regenerating shields in every game.  That's about it.  Guess it popularized shooters on consoles but everything it did had been done on PC shooters.
SimonM7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SimonM7

I like Gears too, but yeah, just illustrating my point.

Actually I'm not really sure myself what I'd pick (hence the non-pickage so far).. I think most vices have been mopped up, too. I think GTA Vice City sorta made it okay for every open world game to make NO attempts to play better, and just kinda be big and have tons of stuff to poke at. There were so many terrible open world games until someone realised you could make a freeaim system and have the action be satisfying on a core level, not just on a broad scale.

But every game that was big enough to influence large trends will have done enough stuff right to have that impact, so maybe its difficult - nigh on impossible even - to justify removing something.

It becomes a moral choice! Jack Bauer style.. was it all worth it?

I'm trying to think what could be responsible for the emo trend that turned Sands of Time into Warrior Within. I'm not sure what that can be attributed to though.

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By mrcellophane
SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SilvarusLupus

I would have to say Spyro: A New Beginning and it's sequels. It rapes the spyro series worse then Enter the Dragonfly and the bad handheld games.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By poser

CoD: Modern Warfare 2

IMO the game is holding the entire FPS genre back.

And BioShock 2. I mean... why?

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

The first Mario game that started it. 
WoW.
Guitar Hero franchise.
and
Bullet Witch, probably one of the worst games ever made. Even Stalin vs Martians is better imo.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlKusanagi

Final Fantasy VII

It's the gaming equivalent of the death of Gwen Stacy.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deathfury

World of Warcraft.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Feser
@blackbird415:
All I see is words. Lots.

I would rather have a new episode of half-life than Left 4 Dead 2. I wish Twilight Princess never existed because then I may still love/keep my wii. And you know what? I wish multiplayer never existed in Halo.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Driadon
@MrCellophane said:

" Can't decide between Alone in the Dark: Inferno, Mercenaries 2 or The Godfather II. All three of them were tremendous disappointments. "

Agreed, as all of these had some really good ideas...just REALLY shitty execution. The fire effect in Alone in the Dark still impress me, too bad I can't play the game for more than 30 minutes at a time without nerd raging.
Avatar image for deactivated-65d51c2303ca6
deactivated-65d51c2303ca6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rayfield said:
"

"
This is the only valid answer. 
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Coombs
@Rayfield said:
"
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
"
Why did this thread not stop here?
This wins.
/thread
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Rise of the Robots 2. That game looked good, but played like fermented shit. It actually made me depressed that had wasted my money on a game that was less fun than sticking needles into my eyes. I even came up a convoluted plan to get my money back for it. The game store I bought it from had a policy where you could return a game the same day if you didn't like it. The problem was that I already spent 3 days trying to convince myself that there was some redeeming quality to the game, but there wasn't. So I went back and bought ANOTHER copy of the game, waited a few hours and returned the copy I had bought three days ago. Then I took the sealed copy to another store, told them I got it for a birthday present (so no receipt) but I already had it and wanted to exchange it for something else. Thank god it worked.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#37  Edited By Valkyr

Final Fantasy X, I loved the franchise from 1 to 9

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@OracleXIII said:
" The first Mario game that started it.  WoW. Guitar Hero franchise. and Bullet Witch, probably one of the worst games ever made. Even Stalin vs Martians is better imo. "
Really? I mean, even if you were born after 199x and even if you don't like 2d, you have to respect Super Mario Bros for what it did for video gaming. Look at other games of the time and you will see the quantum fucking leap in quality that SMB was. And Guitar Hero may have turned into a mainsteam nightmare by the third entry, but damn if those first two weren't totally worth it.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#39  Edited By the8bitNacho

Either Final Fantasy VII or Resident Evil 5.  I'd like to say RE4 for tearing the series away from its roots, but then the evolution of the third-person shooter would have never taken place.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@bjorno said:
" rock band: green day "
Good call.
toolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toolus

Sonic the Hedgehog

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mmmslash

To be honest, I wish Fallout 3 hadn't happened.

I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy the game, along with everyone else, I also sank 100+ hours into it. It was pretty good.

My issue is that is marks the death of the original Fallout games, games with that sort of styling are never going to exist again, and I mourn the world's loss.

Also, the game was really messed up. It had a lot of physics based jankiness, and everyone gave it a slide simply because of the wide berth of the game, and I feel like that's going to start a really awful trend. That worries me.

SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toolus said:
" Sonic the Hedgehog "
Without Sonic, Sega wouldn't have had a good competitor to Mario. Without Sega as a rival, Nintendo woudn't have had any mainsteam competition and we probably wouldn't have had as many awesome SNES games. A better answer would be "Every Sonic game after Sonic Adventure." Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater; the first four or five Sonic games were pretty good.
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GunnBjorn

Robocop for the Xbox.
toolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By toolus
@SuperfluousMoniker: I don't know I think Sega had other really great games that could have competed with Mario given the proper treatment or given time could have come up with something better gameplay wise than Sonic.  It might just be me but Sonic never really felt right .  You were supposed to have a sense of speed and fast movement but they were constantly throwing obstacles and basic platforming elements in your way to slow you down.  It seemed like it couldn't decide what it wanted to do.  

Except for Sonic Spinball that shit was awesome.
BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By BlackHeronBlue
@SuperfluousMoniker: I was born in 1982, and I still hate Mario. All that running and jumping for all these years and the fucker didn't lose a single pound of weight. wtf is that.
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By crusnchill

I have it!

As much as I liked it when I was too young to know any better, I truly hate the franchise now I'm wiser.

Pokemon. Urgh! Even typing it makes my skin crawl. Pokemon(*Urgh!!* Skin crawls again.*) was pure when it started out. The cards were fun and I loved collecting them. Then there was the gameboy game which was fun too.

But then they had to whore it out more and more and make the stupid cartoon and release unneeded game sequels to "extend the world". I played the red version and that was enough for me. :-) No more would I fund the raping of something pure and fun.(He said pretending to be an ethical posh British businessman with his top hat, from the 1800's.)

And in a close second EA's sports range of games. These games are soooooooooo booooooooooooring and copied, plus sports related games in general.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Synthballs

Final Fantasy. 

All of them.

jlanzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jlanzer

gunna have to agree on world of warcraft and then add my own with Madden post 2k sports.  still pissed that EA had the nerve to be the sole owner of the player rights and nfl rights to use anything nfl related in a video game.  why? because 2k sports sold an equivalent game for $20 compared to the inflated $50 price tag EA placed on its Madden series at the time.

SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toolus: Point taken. I agree on the speed thing; after the first few levels of any given Sonic game it's pretty much impossible to maintain any level of speed without complete memorization of the levels.

@OracleXIII: Maybe he should be on Luigi's weight plan. He'd be able to jump higher then, too.