• 80 results
#1 Posted by risingphoenix (8 posts) -

What game would you remake if you could choose any one game? It can be a game from anything except the current-gen. If I had to pick one I think it would be Final Fantasy VII, even though its a pretty obvious choice that game would be epic in hd on the ps3. why sony just announced they were remaking FFX instead is beyond me but im interested to see what other people would pick to be remade.

#2 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Tomb Raider II. Level design was staggering.

#3 Posted by SpiritGoat (127 posts) -

I want to see a soul silver/heart gold style remake to the 3rd gen pokemon games but without the full motion battle scenes with jank ass frame rates

#4 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Baldur's Gate II as long as it remains isometric and they don't give it the Dragon Age treatment.

#5 Edited by sociald1077 (263 posts) -

Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders

I love this game and still play it on occasion. And I could just imagine what a hellish, demon slaying fantasy FPS romp it would be.

Or an isometric Fallout. Basically just go in and update the graphics and tweek the interface slightly to make party interaction better.

#6 Posted by Kirklebum (59 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII is a solid choice but the game I'd really like to play with updated graphics is that old car combat game Rollcage. I remember borrowing it from a friend and having a blast playing through the single player and going split screen with my brothers.

#7 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -

shogo.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

SMT 1 and 2

#9 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

Fallout 1 and 2

#10 Posted by Sinkwater (514 posts) -

Mutant League Football

#11 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Majora's Mask 3D!

#12 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

wild arms as a 3rd person shooter

#13 Posted by Slaker117 (4841 posts) -

Mine would have been the original Halo, but they're doing that so... *shrugs*

#14 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

I have never played FFVII so thats probably the reason why I want Square to do an HD remake

#15 Posted by nasekas (4 posts) -

Not sure why Blackthorne came to mind immediately but then I realized I had more fun playing Phantom 2040. An updated platformer would do nicely.

#16 Posted by SuperCycle (332 posts) -

I don't know if I would like a remake, but a new King's Quest would be nice.

#17 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

@Sinkwater said:

Mutant League Football

#18 Posted by Vinny_Says (5704 posts) -

Do people constantly ask for FF7 to be remade because it is totally garbage when played in a modern context?

#19 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

I'd want something more meaningful than FFVII for a remake, FFVII is awesome already, and still the biggest selling game in the series so it's not like nobody played it. I'd rather see something older and more obscure. Or something everyone is saying is awesome today but barely anyone played back in the days. Like the first 2 Metal Gear. Everyone knows the solid series but not so much for the first 2 games of the late 80s'. Maybe also something like Earthbound which sold poorly but became a cult classic years later.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Though I think FFVII should be remade because that game looks like butt and they should let you skip summon sequences if you want to. Though they need to keep the chibi overworld Cloud. That would be hilarious.

Metal Gear 1 and 2 are good choices. They just need the voice acting, direction, and mechanics of a modern MGS.

The whole Mother series needs to come out on the 3DS or something. I'd buy that day 1.

#20 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Conker's Bad Fur Day with the original multiplayer. I still enjoyed the MP in Live and Reloaded but the original is where it's at.

#21 Posted by Jeust (10631 posts) -

Planescape Torment, so it could be less monotonous to play.

#22 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6182 posts) -

@SuperCycle said:

I don't know if I would like a remake, but a new King's Quest would be nice.

Telltale has announced they've got one in the works. Hopefully it'll be their next project after Jurassic Park, but that's just my hope and not based on anything they've stated about it.

I would love to see Quest for Glory I-IV remade into one big game.

#23 Edited by Zacagawea (1593 posts) -

Star Wars: Republic Commando. Or Battlefront. Loved those games.

Star Wars stuff is the only thing I can think of right now though. I've watched all the movies twice this weekend and am now starting on the Cartoon Network Clone Wars stuff.

#24 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1414 posts) -

Id love to see a remake of The Legend of Dragoon, there is a lot of good ideas in that game and al lot of bad executions and i think a remake would benefit it immensely

#25 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Is remaking SOCOM 4 for PC an option? Love that game but I sort of get bored with shooters on consoles.

Hmm, DMC1 and 3 are the two games I would most want an HD re-release of I suppose, can't think of any other games that I REALLY want to play in HD that aren't already planned to become HD.

#26 Posted by Halz (127 posts) -

Dungeon Keeper. Just Dungeon Keeper 1 with modern graphics. I ain't askin' much.

#27 Posted by SuperCycle (332 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Ummm... Awesome! Man I feel like I just won a prize or something, should I make a speech?

#28 Posted by project343 (2822 posts) -

One of the titles from the Jedi Knight series. Can't decide which. More or less, I just want a modern Jedi Knight sequel and this thread is my way of obstructively venting for it.

#29 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3295 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Do people constantly ask for FF7 to be remade because it is totally garbage when played in a modern context?

No, just the graphics have not aged as well as FF9 or MGS1 or 2D PS1 games, and there could be various interfaces updates too. Oh and the ability to skip the battle/summon cutscenes.

#30 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Super Mario World with Super Mario Bros. Wii graphic overhaul :)

#31 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross or Seiken Densetsu 3

#32 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

WIND WAKER! CAPS LOCK

#33 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@project343 said:

One of the titles from the Jedi Knight series. Can't decide which. More or less, I just want a modern Jedi Knight sequel and this thread is my way of obstructively venting for it.

That is a good idea. Jedi Outcast is fun as all hell even know, a modern remake would be amazing.

#34 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

I dunno. Maybe Morrowind?

#35 Posted by satansmagichat (187 posts) -

Tetris. I want more story, specifically explaining why the iron curtain can steal citizens' intellectual properties.

Also, Home Alone for the Genesis and Game Gear would've been awesome if not for the HA license.

#36 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -
@Vinny_Says

Graphically yes it is total garbage now but it's still the most fun I've ever had with a RPG ever.
#37 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

I was initially going to run in here and say FFVII. However...I think a remake would ruin the game for me. It's more of a nostalgic thing now more then anything.

I think a new Jet Moto game would be a lot of fun to be honest. I also wouldn't mind EA bringing back the "Strike" series.

#38 Posted by mano521 (1224 posts) -

new high def star wars battlefront.

#39 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

Duck hunt

#40 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6182 posts) -

@SuperCycle: Speech! Speech!

#41 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver !!! 

#42 Posted by blurienh (119 posts) -

Morrowind, such an interesting world and cast but its so hard to play these days and would be amazing running in their new engine.

#43 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

blackthorne

#44 Posted by Hailinel (24668 posts) -

I'd pick Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei. Seeing the very first Megami Tensei game ever with gameplay on par with Strange Journey or Nocturne would be awesome. And for that retro vibe, I'd want the human character models and animated cut scenes to resemble the style of the old Megami Tensei OVA from the '80s.

#45 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Planescape Torment.

#46 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

Completely remake Otogi: Myth of Demons in stunning high-definition graphics. That, I would most certainly purchase. Of course, it'll never happen.

#47 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -
#48 Posted by satansmagichat (187 posts) -

@Seppli said:

Secret of Mana/Final Fantasy VI in hand-drawn 2D. Bringing the concept art to life directly.

Rollcage

X-Com

So you're saying that all of those games suck in their current incarnations and require a remake in order to be memorable?

#49 Posted by Redbullet685 (6040 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 or Call of Duty.

#50 Posted by queenulhu (302 posts) -

@thebunnyhunter said:

Id love to see a remake of The Legend of Dragoon, there is a lot of good ideas in that game and al lot of bad executions and i think a remake would benefit it immensely

YES!! This is the correct answer!!!! It needs to be remade or sequeled already!!!!