If you could remove a game from existence....

• 99 results
LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By LibraryDues

Probably one of those misfires that wound up killing an otherwise good studio. Lair and Haze both come to mind.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#52  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

C. Or rather, the first widely popular game, like Pong, just to see what crazy all-goatee alternate universe would appear. I don't think those early 40's and 50's games ever were big enough to mechanically influence any later games. But would be interesting to see a world were Space Invaders never existed, and thus nobody had ever heard of cover based shooters.

So, I wouldn't remove any bad games, just games that shaped how games after them were made, to see how stuff would change (if they would).

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MikeGosot
@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Call of Duty, and any other modern war shooter.  Bring back the days of Doom and Blood!

Fixed for you. But i guess we would need to remove a lot of games if we want FPS to be interesting again. GAME REMOVERS TIME TRAVELERS! REJOICE!
captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By captain_max707
pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#55  Edited By pyromagnestir

I voted E because I thought this was silly, but then Rapelay popped into my mind (as it often does... ahem.) and I've started to waver a little bit. I don't know anything about that game other than the title, but if it is anything to do with what I think than that would be a worthy choice of game to remove, along with all other rape focused games.

Although it seems a little silly to remove games about rape, but leave the games about murder/killing, if you sort of think about it. At least to me it does. Yet it also seems right. So there it is.

the_gallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By the_gallo

You couldn't remove a video game with time travel, the Time Trotters will stop you.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By egg

waitwaitwait... time travel? If I had time travel and was able to manipulate a company to prevent a game from being made, couldn't I also used these things to make the game turn out better instead?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By shirogane

I kinda want to remove Doom, just to see where we'd be today without it. Or Halo. Or GTA3.

Oh man, what happens if i took out Tetris...

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By me3639

@AhmadMetallic:

Could you give a reason, just curious.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NegativeCero

E. I wouldn't even bother if I could only time travel to change how a certain game turned out.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By nintendoeats

@LordAndrew said:

I bet you can't even name the first video game ever made. You wouldn't notice if it was gone.

It was Tennis For Two, which was played on an oscilloscope. And you're right, that game doesn't seem to have had any impact on the development of the games industry. Ralph Baer didn't seem to have been aware of it when he was developing the Odyssey.

MrNeoshredder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MrNeoshredder

Oh yeah, and A) on the Metal Gear series. The games are boring as FUCK, with way, way, way too many long, drawn out cutscenes, and story that moves at the pace of a snail.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Tarsier

world of warcraft. and as a bonus i would remove everything blizzard made after brood war.

then i would make bioware do neverwinter nights 2 by them selves PROPERLY so the world has a real online RPG to play

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Animasta

@Tarsier said:

then i would make bioware do neverwinter nights 2 by them selves PROPERLY so the world has a real online RPG to play

lol mask of the betrayer is way better than anything bioware has ever made.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ProfessorK

Superman 64. I hate this game because back when I used BlockBuster, it was my one rental for the month.

I FUCKING HATE RINGS!!!! I'M SUPERMAN FOR GOD'S SAKE NOT ECCO THE FUCKING DOLPHIN!!!!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By BaneFireLord

If I had time travel, I wouldn't remove any games from existence. Rather, I would go back to exactly when Square was coming up with the first Final Fantasy game and show them Skyrim, thereby altering the Japanese game industry forever (or at least the RPGs).

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Tarsier

@Animasta said:

@Tarsier said:

lol mask of the betrayer is way better than anything bioware has ever made.

lol ok anime boy

wakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By wakka

I wouldn't mind if Madden had an exclusive license to get its ass kicked from history.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By rpgee

B. I'd totally remove Final Fantasy 1 because I wonder, what would gaming be like if there hadn't been that revival of JRPGs like that? Would all games become super short, or exceptionally long? Would Japanese games, or all games for that matter, be a completely niche industry? FF1 was a pretty significant point in the history of games, I reckon, and it'd be interesting to see what it'd all be like without that franchise and the weird number of offshoots it has.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By JoeyRavn

Bastion, because I fucking hate that game, even if everyone took it as the second coming of Gaming Christ.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By egg

maybe just alter FF7 so it didn't have randomly triggered encounters

or have it so it remained an SNES game set in New York City like it was originally going to be. Just for kicks more than anything else.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Demon's Souls would be gone, in the hopes people would stop trying to convince me (and themselves) that Dark Souls is anything approaching a good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd kill Halo to prevent console shooters from becoming dominant, and to save the world from squeaky 14 year-olds.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#75  Edited By galiant
@SuperSambo

Why would anyone want to remove a game from existence? There will be people out there who enjoy it.

Pretty much this.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@me3639 said:

@AhmadMetallic:

Could you give a reason, just curious.

Man where do I start..... :/
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77  Edited By crusader8463

Call of Duty 4. Would be interested to see where games went if we didn't have to go through that 4-5 year span where it felt like every dam thing tried to copy it and every company seemed to be afraid to make a game that didn't try to copy it in some way.

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By camp7203

25 to Life, or the NARC remake.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By InternetCrab

B. Superman 64.

beanman25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By beanman25

MLB 2K as a series. I miss MVP baseball! :(

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ninjalegend

As much as I would like to say Golden Axe Beast Rider, I can not. Not only was that game dog dung, but it probably killed any chance for a good sequel on psn/xbla.

I had to choose A. Mario Party must be choked out of existence. That shitty collection of mini games proved that any turd shaped like Mario would sell like gangbusters. This led to a long running series of horrible games, and opened the door for games like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. No longer did companies have to create a horrible character like Bubsy to tank in their own mascot game, now they could just license Mario or the like, and be guaranteed a paycheck. The licensed mascot games are the only genre I can think of with a MUCH worse track record than movie licensed games. Die in a fire, Mario Party.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TorMasturba

Some games have infuriated me for the direction that developers have sent them in, but doing this to any game at all would mean that somebody didn't get paid for developing it, regardless of if it's turned out to be a crappy game, it is not every developer's fault that he's/she's working on a game that will suck.

Those developers have lives and families to support, wiping a game from history would also wipe that support from history too.

Dragon Age 2 infuriated me when the previous game was so good and well done, still doesn't deserve to be wiped from history.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#83  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@ninjalegend: Mario Party's fun though 
MostlyBearded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MostlyBearded

B) I'd get rid of Devil May Cry 2. A blemish on an otherwise pretty good series.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Azteck

E. Because it's not my place to tell people what's good and what isn't. That and I'd rather do so much more with that opportunity than worry about video games.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

I'd remove all video games, just so I could invent Tetris and be famous.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By foolkiller1

Marvel ultimate alliance 2

fuck that game to hell

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#88  Edited By yetiantics

I'd get rid of Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Cus fuck that game.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#89  Edited By benspyda

E, I'm afraid I'll be too busy screwing up the world in more catastrophic ways than just eliminating game series's.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By Milkman

B. Dragon Age 2

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By EuanDewar

Mario 64

Fuckin' suuuucked

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By laserbolts

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Call of Duty, and any other modern war shooter. Bring back the days of Perfect Dark and Timesplitters!

This makes me sad because the first call of duty was so good.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By NTM

@AhmadMetallic said:

Crysis 2. I would remove it so hard.

This to a lesser extent, meaning I think the game should exist, but not as is. There needs to be things added, and other things taken away from it. Crysis 2 really hurts the series in a way, and it makes me a bit worried and slightly less excited for three. I didn't hate it though. I loved the sound for the most part except for the fact that it has bugs. I guess I'm mostly talking about the console version, but that's not really something you should be mistaking if you're planning on making the series cross-console. Also... the majority of voice acting is bad.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By NTM

Although I shouldn't judge a game I haven't played thoroughly, and liked what I played from a shooter point of view, I think F.3.A.R. needs to be gone. The third F.E.A.R. needs to be like the first one.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

If I'm not interested in a game I don't play it. If I don't play it, it doesn't matter. So, I wouldn't bother removing any game.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I'd love to remove Parasite Eve 2 and The Third Birthday in addition to taking the IP away from the failboat known as Square-Enix and giving it over to a competent developer.

Also, I'd really like to delete Xenosaga from existence and so that there could be a true follow up to Xenogears rather than the half-assed manner in which it was done.

chrisone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By chrisone

I'd remove Fifa, because it's a boring game and its boring to watch, and my friends play it a lot. Actually I'd have to remove the game of soccer..

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#98  Edited By Giantstalker

Looking back through my collection, I wonder what MMO's would be like if EverQuest never happened. Even though that game copied from earlier MMOs (Ultima Online etc) and those from old MUDs, I can't imagine the landscape would be the same without the original EverQuest being there. Not that I hate it or anything, but damn, just to see...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#99  Edited By AndrewB

I'm trying to think of something... and the best I can come up with is Bioshock 2. Bioshock had a kind of terrible ending, but the overall experience was something which I feel is lessened by the idea of a cash-in sequel. The thing is, I just never played it and for all intents and purposes, to me it doesn't even exist. I don't need to go and erase it from time or anything.

For the most part, I suppose even shitty games serve a purpose of teaching the lesson of what not to do when you make a game. Beyond that idea, though, I can't think of a reason why I'd remove a game from time.