Edited 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: If you had to, would you rather... (109 votes)

Be strapped to a lie detector test and asked anything for 30 minutes at the mercy of your girlfriend/wife? 90%
or tell your mother absolutely everything you'd never want her to know for as long as it takes? 10%
#1 Posted by vegetashonor (657 posts) -

These are fun "what if" questions we ask each other at work, haha. Have fun Duders!

#2 Posted by believer258 (12182 posts) -

Why are these either/or things always terrible? Why can't someone ask if you'd rather have ten million dollars or guaranteed sex every night for five years straight?

#3 Posted by jking47 (1247 posts) -

Don't have a girlfriend or a wife, so I win!

Wait...

But yeah, the first one does not seem as bad unless you are cheating or something. My poor mom has dealt with me enough, she does not need to hear the terrible things I have done.

#4 Edited by Winternet (8053 posts) -

First choice, no doubt.

#5 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -
#6 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

My girlfriend already knows everything about me

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

It's probably going to come out at some point anyway. If a significant other can't accept all of my weird bullshit, it's probably not going to work out in the long run.

My mum would probably have a heart attack if she knew what wacky hijinks I've gotten up to.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Well, the first one, since the Queen can already read my mind.

#9 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@believer258: Ten million dollars. If necessary, I could buy sex every night for five years!

#10 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

The lie detector because those are easy to cheat.

#11 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

Why are these either/or things always terrible? Why can't someone ask if you'd rather have ten million dollars or guaranteed sex every night for five years straight?

nuff said.

#12 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

I am a forever alone so I do not have a girlfriend... so that choice.

#13 Posted by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -

I wouldn't want to disappoint my mother.

#14 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Lol, what girlfriend or wife. Oh wait, now I feel sad...

#15 Edited by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

well im single, but lie detectors aren't so bad.

hell i have like 2 settings, i'm either completely calm or super anxiety filled. i doubt you could get an accurate or reliable lie detector results from me either way. either you'd see nothing, or you'd get crazy spikes for no reason. i mean theres a reason they're not admissible in court.what would probably happen is i would try that technique to fact out the lie detector test that you always see in movies, and on tv and all that. and then i'd start thinking "oh man is it working? i can't tell wtf, maybe im doing it wrong" and i'd be freaking out at that point so you could ask me anything and it'd probably look like a lie at that point.so yeah, i'll go witht he lie detector since i dont think you could get an accurate results from me.

#16 Posted by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

I'm too much of a shitty person to see any option as anything other than the worst fucking thing.

#17 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Definitely the first.

Mostly because I don't have a girlfriend/wife (;____;)

but even if I did, they'd have to come up with the questions. I don't think anyone has ever suspected me of doing something so terrible that I would try to hide it from them.

There are some things that only I know, however, which I sincerely hope to never share with anyone, especially not my mom.

#18 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'm single so bring on that lie detector test.

#19 Edited by wemibelec90 (1828 posts) -

As someone who has never really done anything bad in his life (mostly because I am boring and do nothing), I would not really care to share that information with my mother. She probably wouldn't be able to come with anything to ask me anyway.

#20 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2402 posts) -

When I had a girlfriend I told her whatever she wanted to ask about. I had nothing to hide.

#21 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

Choice one please.

#22 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

There's always the third choice, bullet to the head.

#23 Edited by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I don't have a girlfriend or wife, but even if I did this would be easy. A guaranteed half hour versus as long as it takes? Dear god the first option! That's not even fair. And in the first one I can still lie if I want, even though I don't really think I'd have much to lie about, whereas the second one seems to suggest that I have to tell the truth. Really this is a no brainer.

#24 Posted by Nictel (2434 posts) -

The first. Seriously, relationships are based on trust you guys.

#25 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

You had me at "be strapped."

#26 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

1ST choice

#27 Edited by vegetashonor (657 posts) -

@jking47: your post just made my day, lol

#28 Posted by Grimluck343 (1160 posts) -

There's nothing my girlfriend already doesn't know about me, so I'd take that choice.

#29 Posted by Marcsman (3286 posts) -

What? Am I the only married guy here? Choice B is so much easier.

#30 Posted by Fattony12000 (7559 posts) -

What if I had a boyfriend or a husband? Your question presupposes that I am either a heterosexual male or a homosexual female. Also, you don't account for me having killed my mother with boiling acid in 1973.

So, you know, take this more seriously please.

Thank you.

#31 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

I thought we were supposed to be able to flag polls on the new site?

#32 Posted by Capum15 (4991 posts) -

The money.

#33 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11382 posts) -

@jking47 said:

Don't have a girlfriend or a wife, so I win!

#34 Edited by myketuna (1756 posts) -

I'm assuming you're supposed to imagine you have a girlfriend or wife for this question if you don't have one (which I don't). With that in mind, I'd still pick option 1. I don't think my gf/wife would think of the right question to get me to tell some of the "terrible" shit I've done in my life.

The other option will make you say every little thing you've ever done. To your mother, no less. Nope. No thanks.

#35 Posted by JDelwynn (1 posts) -

Wow, way to make me feel miserable, being single and my mom's dead. :/

But option 1 would be my choice.