If you have both the PS4 and the XONE which one is your primary platform

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Poll If you have both the PS4 and the XONE which one is your primary platform (118 votes)

PS4 70%
Xbox One 30%

I got a PS4 at launch and have an Xbox One coming in on Tuesday for Titanfall. I was curious to see who else has both and which one thus far they would categorize as their console of choice for multiplatform games. I am wondering if there have been any in depth comparisons between the two yet because as it stands if the Xbox One controller feels anything like a 360 pad that would probably be enough to tilt it unless there were noticeable differences in the games on the visual/audio end. As much as I like the Dual Shock 4 it still doesn't feel as good as the 360 controller.

• 
Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Right now the Xbox one has gotten more play time. Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Peggle 2, Killer Instinct, Plants vs Zombies GW and Titanfall soon.

On PS 4 I've dabbled in Killzone and some of the free PS plus games. I've also been leaning towards it for multiplatform games so in the long run I expect to play it more but the exclusives haven't grabbed me yet. Infamous should change that.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@meteora3255 said:

I am wondering if there have been any in depth comparisons between the two yet because as it stands if the Xbox One controller feels anything like a 360 pad that would probably be enough to tilt it unless there were noticeable differences in the games on the visual/audio end.

Not to be a dick, but have you been living under a rock?

Every week there has been a new story about a multiplatform game that has a higher framerate or resolution on the PS4 compared to the Xbox One. Almost everyone multiplatform game released thus far has either looked or ran better (or both) on PS4 than Xbox One.

TheFridgeGC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TheFridgeGC

I'm on the Xbox One primarily because that is where my friends are. Just waiting for the Sony Exclusives/Non multiplayer games to hit so I can fire up the PS4...looking at you InFamous.

I'm loving both consoles at the moment. AC4 was great on PS4 and FIFA 14 still surprises me with fun on the XBONE.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Corvak

PS4 for me.

- my friends are there.

- I don't need to maintain my PS+ subscription to use things like Netflix, and that sub is less per month than Live. (though only $10/year difference)

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have ps4, but I love the console.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By plaintomato

I have neither, but I voted anyway because there isn't an option for "I don't qualify, let me see". Just saying...your poll is effed because human nature.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Don't have my Xbox One yet, but already decided I would play multiplatform games on my PS4. I will most likely end up having more exclusive games on the Xbox One though, if history is any indication of what we'll see in the future.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@falserelic: You don't qualify and if you voted you shouldn't have done.

I prefer the Xbox One's controller and its UI. Well, admittedly currently Xbox One's UI isn't great, I currently prefer the Wii U's to it, but I prefer it to the PS4's no question. I also have more faith in Microsoft handling the online distribution side better. Plus I have the option of plugging in a hard drive to extend the space which is easier than replacing the harddrive of a PS4 down the line.

It seems preferable to me. The specs don't really bother me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: You don't qualify and if you voted you shouldn't have done.

Oops, but I have played an Xbox one console before and I still prefer the ps4 though.

avenlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both and I prefer the PS4 then the XB1. Being in a position with a really good PC as well, in which I can play titanfall on, the XB1 just doesn't have any games I want to play on it at the moment, or in the future. I can't think of any exclusives that are coming out after Titanfall, which is a shame.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Just like last generation for me it will be the Playstation console. Probably wasn't the best idea, seemed most games ran better on the PS3 but this gen it seems to be the reverse for the most part.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By meteora3255

@ll_exile_ll: I have seen thr stories about Ghosts running at lower resolution ect. but these are the launch game at this point. I expect XOne games will all be in 1080p at some point soon. I am really more interested in the second run, stuff like Watch_Dogs, The Witcher 3 etc. I have never been a huge graphics snob, I had no problem with playing games on my 360 with lower resolutions etc. if I would have invested in a high end PC over the consoles but I prefer the user interface and ease of maintainance on consoles. I know for thr next 6-7 years these machines will play the newest games even if they don't have the best looking version.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have them both and a Wii U. I use the Xbox One almost every day. The PS4 hasn't been on in weeks. Need some games to come out. It might even out eventually. But, all my multiplayer friends are on Xbox. So, probably not.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have both and strongly prefer the PS4 despite not having much to play on it yet. The UI is much more friendly to me and things seem faster / more logical in general. I also am not crazy about the changes they made to the Xbox contorller, the PS4 controller on the other hand is an improvement in every way except battery life, however, it's at least rechargeable and hasn't been a big deal for me. I also really love that I can just plug normal headphones into the PS4 controller instead of having to buy an expensive proprietary headset. I can also control the media functions with my tv remote via Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC on non-samsung tvs) which is preferable to talking to my Xbox, which seems to almost never get my commands on the first try.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Shadow

I find myself playing PS4 all the time and Xbox One almost never, but that's mostly due to Warframe

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I'm starting to play a bunch of CoD Ghosts to play with my friends on PS4. But Titanfall is coming up, so I'll be playing a bunch of that with my friend on XONE. Overall, I prefer XONE more.

And Halo 2: Anniversary Edition is my most anticipated this year.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I have seen thr stories about Ghosts running at lower resolution ect. but these are the launch game at this point. I expect XOne games will all be in 1080p at some point soon. I am really more interested in the second run, stuff like Watch_Dogs, The Witcher 3 etc. I have never been a huge graphics snob, I had no problem with playing games on my 360 with lower resolutions etc. if I would have invested in a high end PC over the consoles but I prefer the user interface and ease of maintainance on consoles. I know for thr next 6-7 years these machines will play the newest games even if they don't have the best looking version.

I am by no means saying that the games on the xbox one will be unplayable or less enjoyable, and in general I think this whole resolution thing is a bit overblown (though not irrelevant) but if you have both systems and each version is the same aside from one running at 1080p and the other 720p, it obviously makes the most sense to go with the better looking version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, as an owner of both, if you are a fan of games, and have no specific love of console exclusives like Infamous or Halo, either one will be a blast. I'm generally a Sony man, but I've had a lot of fun with my XONE as well. Right now, there honestly isn't much for either, apart from this months Titanfall and Infamous releases. Don't worry, both have plenty of fun to offer, and things like resolution will be hard to notice, and probably addressed in the future.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By maginnovision

I'm still waiting for Driveclub or something else I'm interested in to buy a PS4 for. I kept thinking ok Driveclub soon, and now a new delay. Oh well, eventually they'll have something I want.

church069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own both and right now the xbox is my xbox fitness / workout dvd machine and the ps4 is my WWE network machine. Most of my gaming now has been done on my PC. I'm hoping that Titanfall and Infamous will get me using those things for playing games. Anyone who has asked me about getting either console has been met with this answer. "Wait at least until the end of this year. Wait for more games to come out." Though considering how things have been playing out lately I would guess that in about a year or two, I will own more games on my PS4 than my Xbox One.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Generally I use the most powerful or system with the best looking games. So in the past its been Xbox. PS for exclusives. This gen, while I dont have a PS4 yet, PS4 will prob be the main system. Amazingly they did what they should have with their other consoles. Make a powerful PC centric hardware console. I always hated their proprietary BS.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CByrne

Xbox for now, I have more games on it and more friends on it.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I have a PS4, XOne, PS3, 360, Vita, and 3DS XL. PC is still my primary platform.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have both, and PS4 is my main.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NTM

I don't know if I can choose. For me, I played Dead Rising 3 probably the most out of all of them, though Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 pretty close. Despite having seven or more games on PS4 while only a few on Xbox One. I play them about equally really. I think pretty soon here though the PS4. I mean, Titanfall, I'll probably play that for a little while, but I'm going to get Ground Zeroes on PS4 and Second Son. I don't believe it'll always be the case, or at least I hope it doesn't, but for right now, the PS4 has the better looking cross-console titles for the most part (Strider I hear is better on the One), so I'm getting the PS4 versions.

It would have been nice to have other options on the poll, because I'd like to see the percentage, but I'm not going to vote. Oh, I didn't read you post. As for the controller, the Dualshock 4 to me feels slightly better. My brother is pretty brutal on controls sometimes, like on Killer Instinct, he would almost button mash, and for what I will call a test of durability, the Xbox One's controller doesn't stand a chance, the left stick is already kind of wobbly on one controller, while the PS4's controller is just fine.

I also don't like the left or right bumper quite as much; they're too thick and sometimes it's hard to tell if you're fully pushing them down. Initially, though not so much now, I didn't really know how I felt about the rumble since it just felt weird, but now I don't even think about it, as usual. All that being said, I like them almost about as equally. I like how the Xbox One practically still has select, while the options button on PS4 doesn't function that way. As for which versions of a game I'll get, it'll really depend on what it looks better on in the end, and how well it runs, but I also consider what I associate the game with, which will be a factor for games already in a known series.

For instance, if they put out the trilogy of Mass Effect, and the trilogy of Dead Space on next-gen, and they were both equal on each console, I'd get Mass Effect on the One, while I'd get Dead Space on the PS4. I would have settled for it being the same on Xbox One and PS4, but I'm pretty happy the PS4 version of Ground Zeroes is supposed to look a bit better because I associate MGS with PlayStation, while to me it would have been unfortunate if the One version looked better.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Anund

I only have the PS4 but even if I had the XBox, my answer would still be the same: The PC is my primary platform for gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Girlfriend and I have a two-console household. I feel like we game together more on the One, while I spend most of my time otherwise on the PS4.

So, who knows. Probably both.

kdm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have had both since their respective day one. Haven't turned on my PS4 since November. Likely to get some game time in with Infamous...

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

My Xbox One stays on the most. Mainly for TV, Netflix, Youtube, and most recently streaming movies from my computer. If my network isn't bogged down by my roommates I can switch between any of these apps really easily and despite some small complaints (for instance the Netflix and Youtube apps have different controls) they all work as advertised. It really does bring my entertainment options together and lets me avoid the constant input switching of the past.

For playing games both have seen about an equal amount of time. Neither have seen much use for games since launch however. I should jump back into Forza and Battlefield but my downtime has seen me play older 360 and PS3 games instead.

None of the newer releases have convinced me to buy anything for the newer consoles either. Titanfall isn't worth my money in my opinion and I may just wait until Second Son comes out to see if it's worth purchasing.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I haven't really decided yet... But PS4 might have the edge in large part because of Remote Play.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By pweidman

Xbox One because I have so many friends there. But I like the PS4. Much better UI than the One, but it needs some games. Hell, I play more on my pc lately anyway. Got Titanfall yesterday for X1 and I still played D3 with that new patch that makes the game fun again(that and +50% XP for community peeps).

amardilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I got a Xbox One on launch and a PS4 a few weeks after it launched and I primarily play my multiplatform games on the PS4 as it currently seems to have a minor graphical advantage at the moment, however I'll get a game on either platform (I tend to read Digital Foundry articles on games to see whichever version is better and pick up that version).

Both platforms seem pretty close (I like the controllers and UI of both and my friends list is pretty evenly split so I have people to play with) so my only real decision goes down to what version is better than the other.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got both at launch and have played way more Xbox One than PS4. I have only played Knack, Contrast and a little bit of Killzone and Resogun on PS4. I have played probably a dozen games to completion on the Xbox One. I based my decision largely on the fact that my main previous console was the 360 over the PS3.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenlaya:

You should really pick up 'Ryse: Son of Rome.' Also, what about Quantum Break? That looks great for an Xbox game. Also, D4.