• 61 results
#1 Edited by Jace (1092 posts) -

In the game ICO, the ruler of the castle the boy and girl are in is a QUEEN. If you like ICO, you support women ruling men and you should feel ashamed.

I think there are some deeper problems within the industry here. I can't relate to a queen, so why does the queen get to rule? Why can't the ruler be a king? Why is this game filled with so much hatred and sexism towards my fellow men?

I hope one day the video game industry as a whole wakes up and realizes how off-base and unreasonable it's become.

#2 Posted by Rmack (1074 posts) -

And why do I have to SAVE Princess Peach as Mario when everyone knows women are supposed to be able to fend for themselves according to their Ayn Rand feminist propaganda?! #kony2012

#3 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Shit, women already hate me. I know, I know, hard to believe, a charming duder such as myself.

#4 Edited by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

You know it's stuff like this which keeps video games from been taking seriously. Someone comes up with a fairly valid opinion on a game (which I'm not saying you have to agree with) and a lot of us just act like a bunch of immature children whose just had their favorite toy taken away. If you disagree with her outcome - personally, I'm on the fence until I hear her reasoning behind it - that's perfectly fine, but all you're doing is acting like a baby.

@AssInAss said:

@Jace said:

In the game ICO, the ruler of the castle the boy and girl are in is a QUEEN. If you like ICO, you support women ruling men and you should feel ashamed.

I think there are some deeper problems within the industry here. I can't relate to a queen, so why does the queen get to rule? Why can't the ruler be a king? Why is this game filled with so much hatred and sexism towards my fellow men?

I hope one day the video game industry as a whole wakes up and realizes how off-base and unreasonable it's become.

Why do you need to relate to the Queen? She's not the protagonist, so what does it matter? Queens can't be rulers now?

And the video game industry as a whole is doing misandry instead of misogyny? Really?

Don't worry, he's just having a little tantrum because Feminist Frequency tweeted they felt ICO to be sexist (they didn't say why, but it's probably to do with the whole "male having to drag and protect a helpless and mostly useless woman through the whole game" thing).

#5 Edited by AssInAss (2541 posts) -

@Jace said:

Why do you need to relate to the Queen? She's not the protagonist, so what does it matter? Queens can't be rulers now?

And the video game industry as a whole is doing misandry instead of misogyny? Really?

If this is a joke, it's kinda funny.

#6 Edited by Jace (1092 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Shit, women already hate me. I know, I know, hard to believe, a charming duder such as myself.

Of course they hate you. As far as ICO is concerned, any woman that can't rule you will always hate you. No exceptions.

#7 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

Already a stupid thread about this.

#8 Edited by Jace (1092 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

@Jace said:

If this is a joke, it's kinda funny.

If I can't relate to a character in power, it's the industry's fault for isolating me from their game and not taking MY wants into consideration.

Why do they care about a woman's perspective more than mine? I'm angry. This game haunts me.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (35982 posts) -

Did the last thread get locked, or is this just a duplicate or something?

#10 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

@Jace: First off it's called a video game. It's probably more realistic than any other games you play (i.e. getting shot, alien encounters, respawning, etc.). And did you know there is a QUEEN of England right now at this very moment?!? Get off your pedestal there buddy.

#11 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@FlarePhoenix: Oh okay, so my valid perspective on this game supporting a woman ruling class is childish compared to the feminist perspective.

You're a man hater.

@Video_Game_King: My thread is arguing the opposite of the other, come on, read.

#12 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@btman said:

@Jace: First off it's called a video game. It's probably more realistic than any other games you play (i.e. getting shot, alien encounters, respawning, etc.). And did you know there is a QUEEN of England right now at this very moment?!? Get off your pedestal there buddy.

This "video game" directly affect how the global society views men. If all men can just be ruled and tossed around by women, then I want off this fucking planet.

#13 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4928 posts) -

Yeah, let's make more fucking sexism threads! We don't have enough already.

#14 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: Mine has as much of a right to be here as anyone else's. I'm bringing a REAL issue to the forefront of Giantbomb's community.

#15 Edited by AssInAss (2541 posts) -

@Jace said:

If I can't relate to a character in power, it's the industry's fault for isolating me from their game and not taking MY wants into consideration.

Why do they care about a woman's perspective more than mine? I'm angry. This game haunts me.

But isn't she an antagonist? Why the need to relate?

Ok, this is a joke thread, just read the thread this is spurred off from.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (35982 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

Yeah, let's make more fucking sexism threads! We don't have enough already.

I FUCKING KNEW I'D GET TO USE THIS EVENTUALLY!

@Jace:

That doesn't really justify it, though. You're supposed to keep the discussion to that thread, not start a new one entirely.

#17 Posted by RazielCuts (2924 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Already a stupid thread about this.
#18 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

@Jace said:

This thread is as much of a joke as the other one, that's the point :).

#19 Posted by Milkman (16514 posts) -

Oh man, TWO threads about this? Great. Awesome.

#20 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Can I have a pro-androgyny thread, now?

#21 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

well I don't think it can get much worse than comparing anita to al queda so I'M SO DOWN.

misandry for all woooooooooooooooo

#22 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@Jace said:

@AssInAss said:

@Jace said:

This thread is as much of a joke as the other one, that's the point :).

And they're both equally annoying!

#23 Posted by bartok (2417 posts) -

Someone learned a new word!!!

#24 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

This thread should be locked. I hate when one person makes a thread, and another person follows up with another that's going against it with a similar title just to be clever. Boooo.

#25 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

I still think there is actually a meaningful conversation to be had on this topic if uninterested parties wouldn't ruin it.

#26 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@NTM said:

This thread should be locked. I hate when one person makes a thread, and another person follows up with another that's going against it with a similar title just to be clever. Boooo.

Um, in case you haven't noticed, this thread has generated plenty of discussion and it's only just begun. And how is my thread going against another thread? I'm stating my opinion of a game, just as anyone else can. I'm not saying the other thread is wrong, and neither idea is mutually exclusive.

If you aren't going to contribute, don't post.

#27 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

Now a real question we should ask. Would you have a problem dating a man/woman who was born as the opposite sex but got an operation?

Also, if you generally only find women attractive but suddenly get attracted to a man, would there be any way in hell you would go through with that or just brush it aside with "I'm not gay".

Let's make this as uncomfortable as possible people.

To answer my own questions, no I would totally date someone who was once a man, as long as they are attractive after turning female. And if by chance I start getting attracted to men, I don't really see a problem with it. Still hasn't happened though.

#28 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

I think I need to post German Cut Girl again to get threads locked, seems it's the only way to get mods attention.

#29 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@TobbRobb: What if a King or Queen got a sex change mid-rule? Would they change their title, or keep it?

I'm here to ask the deeper questions in life. Along with trying to bust ICO for man-hate.

#30 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Did the last thread get locked, or is this just a duplicate or something?

I think this is a sort of "reply" thread to the other as this one is about Misandry.

#31 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

@Jace: I'm pretty sure they would not be allowed to be King or Queen anymore.

Hell if the swedish King/Queen officially leave the swedish church and faith they get their title removed. Which i fucking crazy since we are one of the most Atheist countries in the world.

#32 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

unnecessary and stupid

#33 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Fuck there are some dumb threads on here lately

#34 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

YEA, YOU RIGHT

Bitches be trippin'
#35 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

@Jace said:

@NTM said:

Um, in case you haven't noticed, this thread has generated plenty of discussion and it's only just begun. And how is my thread going against another thread? I'm stating my opinion of a game, just as anyone else can. I'm not saying the other thread is wrong, and neither idea is mutually exclusive.

The point is, is that you're making a topic about the same exact thing that was already made, so you could have just as well made your opinion there rather than make this. You didn't need to make an all new thread to make a point. I did contribute just as I needed to, next time don't make a thread such as this.

#36 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair: If only there weren't so many useless posts. Huh.

@TobbRobb said:

@Jace: I'm pretty sure they would not be allowed to be King or Queen anymore.

Hell if the swedish King/Queen officially leave the swedish church and faith they get their title removed. Which i fucking crazy since we are one of the most Atheist countries in the world.

Yeah, you're probably right.

#37 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@Jace said:

#38 Posted by Brodehouse (9576 posts) -

A problem with just about every issue Anita Sarkeesian discovers is that she takes any female character to represent all women everywhere. A woman cannot be a woman, she must be all women.

And then there's the part where she believes that male characters are never shown to have negative traits and that women are only given negative traits. Unless it was written by Joss Whedon.

#39 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

R.I.P. Seth Putnam!

#40 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

Don't even get him started on Kid Icarus.

#41 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4628 posts) -

I support misandry. It is my fetish.

#42 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

How is this not locked yet?

#43 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@Ace829 said:

Why would it be locked? There is no hate here, and it generates valid discussion.

#44 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

@NTM said:

@Jace said:

@NTM said:

The point is, is that you're making a topic about the same exact thing that was already made, so you could have just as well made your opinion there rather than make this. You didn't need to make an all new thread to make a point. I did contribute just as I needed to, next time don't make a thread such as this.

No, my topic is my own and no one else's. It has nothing to do with any other threads, at all.

#45 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Quickly someone throw bulletstorm into a console so we can man this shit up.  

#46 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -
@LiquidSwords

I think I need to post German Cut Girl again to get threads locked, seems it's the only way to get mods attention.

Oh no, there are other ways, apparently.
#47 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@Jace said:

@Ace829 said:

Why would it be locked? There is no hate here, and it generates valid discussion.

The problem is that this response didn't need an whole new thread. You could have easily just said this in the original thread without taking up space in the forums.

#48 Edited by DeeGee (2113 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

A problem with just about every issue Anita Sarkeesian discovers is that she takes any female character to represent all women everywhere. A woman cannot be a woman, she must be all women.

And then there's the part where she believes that male characters are never shown to have negative traits and that women are only given negative traits. Unless it was written by Joss Whedon.

This is exactly why I can't stand her.

Her idea that "All I want for Christmas is you" is sexist because hey, why doesn't she want a few days off work to spend quality time with family, still makes me sigh everytime I think about it.

#49 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@DeeGee said:

@Brodehouse said:

This is exactly why I can't stand her.

Her idea that "All I want for Christmas is you" is sexist because hey, why doesn't she want a few days off work to spend quality time with family, still makes me sigh everytime I think about it.

I just had a female friend (Non gamer) Look at her twitter. Female friend said out loud" Is she special or something? I didn't know special people used twitter" 
#50 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

man she is the worst debater ever. her arguments are shallow and serve to fill her ego.