• 132 results
#1 Posted by xxNBxx (960 posts) -

#2 Posted by xxNBxx (960 posts) -

Just wanted to see the pulse of the GB community. I am going with D3 because there has been other great 3rd person shooters over the years so I have never felt that I was missing them. On the other hand D2 was the last great ARPG.

#3 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

What do you like better:
A. Apples
B. Oranges

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

None - I will be Pledging into the Tex Murphy Kickstarter.

#5 Posted by Ubersmake (753 posts) -

I do have a PC and a console, and I'm grabbing Diablo 3.

I'm not really interested in Max Payne 3, although I loved the first two. I also haven't kept up with news on it, so I may be completely off here, but it seems so unlike the previous games in tone and setting that it's only Max Payne in name.

#6 Posted by m16mojo2 (282 posts) -

EXTREMELY hard choice. Both childhood-teenage years favorites, and nostalgia. I would have to choose Diablo 3, just because getting in on the ground floor of the multiplayer scene.

I remember D2 just got insane with trading, and knowing the perfect armor and weapon combo for each class. And who could forget the SOJ madness.

Max Payne 3 is a great single player game. Both previous games wrapped up the story quite well, IMO. I think I'll buy that at a later date.

I really hope the auction house in D3 is the ONLY way to trade.... I made a ton of great friends with whom I traded with. If they needed stuff and I happened to find it, hey here ya go. And vise versa. There was no trying to haggle or cheat each other. Those type of people ruined the game.

#7 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

I could buy both... I choose Neither. Good day to you.

#8 Edited by BisonHero (5650 posts) -

I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty much done with lootfest ARPGs, and I love Max Payne 1 and 2 like you wouldn't believe, so guess which option I chose. PC version, by the way.

#9 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

il be buying both, for the PC

#10 Posted by xxNBxx (960 posts) -

@doobie: yeah but the PC version doesn't come out till the 29th

#11 Posted by Sanryd (1361 posts) -

Interesting to see the results, but I couldn't have imagined Max Payne 3 winning this one.

#12 Edited by thatdutchguy (1216 posts) -

Max Payne 3 because i really dont give a shit for Diablo games

#13 Edited by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

Diablo 3.

I'll wait for the PC port for Max Payne 3 probably. Unless all my friends get it on 360, then I'll buy the 360 version.

#14 Posted by Beforet (2883 posts) -

Neither! =D

#16 Posted by RVonE (4473 posts) -

Diablo.

#17 Posted by Vextroid (1316 posts) -

Not on day 1 but I would get Max Payne 3 first.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (13822 posts) -

Neither. I've got Witcher 2 to play as well as DMC HD collection.

#19 Posted by ZeroCast (1870 posts) -

That question has been lingering in my brain for quite sometime.

My money right now is on Max Payne 3 as I know from some sources who managed to test it that the game is going to be something else. Diablo 3 however can wait as this is the first entry of a series that I never had a chance to play.

#20 Posted by BoG (5178 posts) -

I would get Diablo III, but I'll be out of the country. So, no need for video games!

#21 Posted by Gargantuan (1877 posts) -

I'll buy Diablo III day one and Max Payne 3 when the price has halved.

#22 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

BOTH! Gonna blast through Max Payne 3 then sleep and then play diablo 3.

#23 Posted by EkajArmstro (370 posts) -

Neither.

#24 Posted by Ben_H (3199 posts) -

Diablo 3 if I can find a job by then. If not, then I won't be getting it until it's on sale, which won't be for a while.

#25 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

I think I'm going to wait and pick up Diablo 3 a bit later. Max Payne 3 is definitely a day one purchase for me.

#26 Posted by ElNeebre (87 posts) -

I'll be buying Max Payne for 360 (which I'll later buy on Steam when the PC version is released) and I'll probably buy Diablo at some point, might even get it on launch and add it to my incredibly long backlog.

#27 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

both :D

#28 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

Both. I'll play Diablo III first.

#29 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

Max Payne 3, I think, on my PC.

#30 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (601 posts) -

I'm only going to play Max Payne 3 on the PC anyways so I'd have to wait for it, and even then I'm gonna wait for it to come down in price. As for Diablo 3, I have friends that are going to play it so I'll probably pick it up on the 15th.

#31 Edited by gike987 (1720 posts) -

I won't get Diablo 3 at all and I will probably get Max Payne 3 once I can find it cheap on some sale (I don't pay €50 for short linear single player games any more).

#32 Posted by SeanFoster (834 posts) -

I have Diablo 3 preordered and preloaded. Max Payne 3 I'm waiting to hear how the PC version is before I click the buy button on Steam.

#33 Posted by Ketchupp (671 posts) -

I love Max Payne 3 but Diablo 3 is something I've waited just too long for.

#34 Posted by RedRavN (381 posts) -

It really depends on how well max payne 3 delivers. If its just kind of ok I feel I can wait on it until a price drop although I am a big max payne fan. As for diablo I am still undecided. If I can wait a month or 2 torchlight 2 should be out which is more appealing to me for a variety of reasons and cheaper as well. I can play drakensang online or path of exile in the meantime.

I also kind of want to pick up binary domain on pc when it comes out april 27th.

#35 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

I have zero interest in Max Payne.

#36 Posted by Th3_James (2575 posts) -

both

#37 Posted by TehBuLL (568 posts) -

Both...but Diablo will be loaded first.

#38 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Both. 

Buying them for all platforms they're coming out on :P 
Yeah, the changes made in the D3 beta seem like they would fit well with a controller. So early 2013 or Holiday 2012! .. Might be wrong, but it's happening. I just know it

#39 Posted by beanman25 (41 posts) -

Already have D3 preloaded, so D3!

#40 Posted by TooWalrus (12967 posts) -

My Diablo III collectors edition is already preordered.

#41 Posted by xxNBxx (960 posts) -

For all of the people that wanted to know what diablo 3 plays like (at least the first hour and change)... this was just announced by blizzard.

We’re pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the game’s release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!

From Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT you’ll be able to log in, team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world from the impending demonic invasion.

#42 Posted by probablytuna (3441 posts) -

WHY CAN'T I PICK BOTH.

#43 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (976 posts) -

Pick up Torchlight II. 1/3 the price, mod support, lan, no built in gold farming. Basically the same game with more value.

#44 Posted by Dimsey (943 posts) -

I'm getting both, but I'm probably looking forward to Diablo 3 just a tiny bit more.

#45 Posted by ShaggE (5970 posts) -

Max Payne 3 first, Diablo later. Mainly because I want to say I bought a $60 MP3.

#46 Posted by adam1808 (1214 posts) -

Don't metacritic me

#47 Posted by Gruff182 (847 posts) -

Both on PC. I'd rather wait for the PC version either way.

#48 Posted by cutyoface (524 posts) -

I have no interest in Diablo 3 so i guess Max Payne 3.

#49 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

Max Payne isn't coming out until the end of the month on PC and I already have D3 pre-ordered on Amazon, so D3, but I'm definitely getting Max Payne 3. It really comes down to how Rockstar ports MP3 to PC, if it's a bad port I'll just get it on 360 so I can play with friends.

#50 Posted by Dots (112 posts) -

Dude, I'm getting both. Why can't I pick both!?