If you want to sell your console now might be the time to do it

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284

So I just figured I would pass along the information that if you are thinking about selling one of your consoles (PS4, XBO, or WiiU) now might be a good time to do it. Until tomorrow (12/9) gamestop will give you a $50 gift card in addition to the trade value of the console. I traded in my WiiU and managed to get $175 for it... which for a system that I haven't had plugged in for 6 months seems like a pretty decent deal. With the Switch coming out in March I highly doubt you will see a better return on the WiiU. I'm not a gamestop employee, and this isn't an ad. I just wanted to share a decent deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be1da2bba3cc
deactivated-5be1da2bba3cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the heads up. I've been considering selling my PS4 as I just haven't found any good games I enjoy on that system but felt like I was being robbed for the $120 Gamestop here is offering. That $50 will make the difference to what the average selling price is on Ebay for a used PS4.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

There has never been a better time to sell your console and become a PC gamer.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Hey, if you aren't using it..great sell it for some cash. That's a given if you are not using something.

But, if GameStop thinks it worth $50 more, it ain't because they think we are awesome customers. It not because they think they will break even on this deal as a company. They are paying more because they think they will make out huge on the backend.

Just a thought to tuck away before you bring them your stuff....

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By nnickers

I haven't touched my PS4 since building my first PC back in May and if someone offered me any decent sum of money I'd probably be willing to sell it, but I'll be damned before I give Gamestop anything. I don't need $50 of store credit to buy those new games they open for you or Funkopops.

Fun story: the last time I bought anything from Gamestop I ordered a used copy of Assassin's Creed 2 from their website years ago. I never liked the idea of used games but I wasn't sure if I'd like the game either so for $5, sure. When it finally arrived something like two weeks later half of the disk was, I'm not joking, literally melted. As in I opened the case and it was full of melted plastic that sort-of resembled a DVD.

I also remember walking into one once and seeing some teenager trading-in what appeared to be dozens of 360 games for something like $40 of store credit.

Man, fuck Gamestop.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just now sold my PS4 to a buddy from highschool for $200. I'd definitely try selling on Facebook/ social media as most folks are trying to buy presents for others and themselves. Selling to Gamestop is easy but you lose a lot of money in the process.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@darth_navster: Don't be ridiculous, it's just like Highlander - there can be.. only one!