• 165 results
#151 Posted by ErisRon (98 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" I've heard the ladies on IGN's Girlfight take shots at Jeff before, but I don't recall the GB guys reciprocating. "

What date was that podcast? Im gonna have to listen to that.
#152 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

I beleave the real problem is Giantbomb Staff took their women

#153 Edited by Raymayne (1226 posts) -
@Meteora said:

" Since when did this start? I don't recall GB taking potshots at IGN. "

Since GB's inception maybe? Go back and listen to the early bombcasts or some of the early videos where Jeff knocks reviewers like Hillary Goldstein and says that the way sites like IGN work is not the way he and Ryan believe gaming sites should be. And the way they push the ideas of keeping the site ad-free and involving the community as much as possible, and not limiting the users of the site wherever they can, it's not exactly a personal stab at IGN, more at every other big gaming site out there, I mean even just in the most recent bombcast when they're all laughing at reviewers who use quotes like "Castlevania fans rejoice!" and "This game lacks immersion!", the GB staff are very particular about how they think game sites and reviews should be handled, and their opinion clearly differs greatly from that of places like IGN. 

Don't all come in here and mindlessly defend the GB staff if you have no idea what you're talking about please people.
#154 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

#155 Posted by spazmaster666 (1966 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
Since GB's inception maybe? Go back and listen to the early bombcasts or some of the early videos where Jeff knocks reviewers like Hillary Goldstein and says that the way sites like IGN work is not the way he and Ryan believe gaming sites should be. And the way they push the ideas of keeping the site ad-free and involving the community as much as possible, and not limiting the users of the site wherever they can, it's not exactly a personal stab at IGN, more at every other big gaming site out there, I mean even just in the most recent bombcast when they're all laughing at reviewers who use quotes like "Castlevania fans rejoice!" and "This game lacks immersion!", the GB staff are very particular about how they think game sites and reviews should be handled, and their opinion clearly differs greatly from that of places like IGN.  Don't all come in here and mindlessly defend the GB staff if you have no idea what you're talking about please people. "
Yeah but there is a difference between legitimate criticisms and differences of opinion (which is how I would categorize the GB crew's comments about other sites in the past) vs. inflammatory comments designed solely to piss off/ridicule the other party. Of the later, I haven't really heard much from the crew here at GB.
#156 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
" @Meteora said:

Since GB's inception maybe? Go back and listen to the early bombcasts or some of the early videos where Jeff knocks reviewers like Hillary Goldstein and says that the way sites like IGN work is not the way he and Ryan believe gaming sites should be. And the way they push the ideas of keeping the site ad-free and involving the community as much as possible, and not limiting the users of the site wherever they can, it's not exactly a personal stab at IGN, more at every other big gaming site out there, I mean even just in the most recent bombcast when they're all laughing at reviewers who use quotes like "Castlevania fans rejoice!" and "This game lacks immersion!", the GB staff are very particular about how they think game sites and reviews should be handled, and their opinion clearly differs greatly from that of places like IGN.  Don't all come in here and mindlessly defend the GB staff if you have no idea what you're talking about please people. "
Since when was I defending the GB staff? I was merely asking a question.
#157 Posted by Milkman (16638 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
" @Meteora said:

And the way they push the ideas of keeping the site ad-free and involving the community as much as possible, and not limiting the users of the site wherever they can, it's not exactly a personal stab at IGN, more at every other big gaming site out there
The fact that this is considered a "stab" at other game sites is really sad. 
#158 Posted by OneManX (1686 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
" @Meteora said:

They said it but,... now you're just reaching for something that isn't there.
#159 Posted by FongGhoul (233 posts) -

When did he knock Hilary Goldstein? In that Video Thing? That was obviously a joke, as he's "knocking" people he's clearly cool with, like Tuttle and Varanini (who used to work for Gamespot, right?) I've listened to a lot of Bombcasts, and while what sites like IGN put out might not be their thing, they don't say much (if anything) negative about them. And they certainly don't knock other individuals in the games press. Ryan especially has a lot of Twitteraction with people from other sites, all friendly.

And if you listen to lots of other podcasts or follow other games press on Twitter you'd know that pretty much everyone respects GB and the Bombcast. 

Why am I contributing to this garbage? 
#160 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

Shit, fuck, shitfuck, God hates gays, the power of the white man will prevail.*

Maybe that will get this stupid thread locked.

*All that was said purely to get attention of moderators and does not represent this posters beliefs.

#161 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (174 posts) -
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Meh, IGN gets too much shit from the internet. Their site is poorly designed but at least they can get a fucking review up on time....(COUGH GAMESPOT/GB COUGH ALTHOUGH GB IS SOMEWHAT EXCUSABLE DUE TO THEIR SMALLER STAFF COUGH)... "

review on time? WTF has that got to do with anything? IGN get games earlier..not only that a good chunk of the reviewers rush through their game. Which probably explains the  shitty reviews. I've never understood why people want reviews early. If a game reviewer is taking longer to review the damn game it means he's still trying to finish playing to formulate a better more astute opinion.
#162 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@Guyzea said:

"   

"
Good lord. I'd never seen this before. I just messed my pants a little.
This thread officially served a purpose.
#163 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -
@Belmont_Shadow said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Meh, IGN gets too much shit from the internet. Their site is poorly designed but at least they can get a fucking review up on time....(COUGH GAMESPOT/GB COUGH ALTHOUGH GB IS SOMEWHAT EXCUSABLE DUE TO THEIR SMALLER STAFF COUGH)... "
 review on time? WTF has that got to do with anything? IGN get games earlier..not only that a good chunk of the reviewers rush through their game. Which probably explains the  shitty reviews. I've never understood why people want reviews early. If a game reviewer is taking longer to review the damn game it means he's still trying to finish playing to formulate a better more astute opinion. "
It matters quite a bit, actually. When I see a game coming out that I have a lot of interest in, in fact so much so that I might want it on day one, I expect to have a review the day it comes out (or beforehand). You don't even know if the IGN staff rushes through their games, and most of the time their scores align with what GB gives games. I know scores aren't everything and GB is a small site, but I don't like waiting a fuckin week to find out if Dead Rising 2 is worth my $60 or not. The reviews aren't "Shitty" either. I've found them to be competently written with completely valid points throughout. Just because you don't like a site doesn't mean the whole thing is corrupt. Ah, who the fuck am I kidding, this is like system wars...
#164 Edited by bybeach (4784 posts) -

I hear Ign is written on the bottom of all Giant Bomb toilets. Game spot has been crossed out. I hear Ign wafts their expelled gas in GB's direction with giant mega fans.. I hear an Internet dweller thinking ( I hav gud herring btw!) maybe how he can start some shit. He's right of course, if that's the intent....

#165 Posted by Brians (1460 posts) -
@Leon592 said:
" @FiestaUnicorn
@RiotBananas said:
" @Tactical_Kill said:
" @Tanpreet said:
" @Noodles said:
" @one_2nd said:
" @Death_Unicorn said:
" @Siphillis said:
" @RobotHamster said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @TheHT said:
" @adoggz said:
" @Afroman269 said:
" @valrog said:
" @GlenTennis said:

" @Izaak said:

" @Th3_James said:
" @Axxol said:
" @RecSpec said:
" @JauntyHat said:
" @Hershey07 said:
" @aurahack said:
" @Meteora said:
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"

:
"
I'm helping the race to closure.
#166 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -
@chilibean_3 said:
"
"
As soon as I saw this image, I imaged a fight like this one between rival video game news sites. GB would of course be the Channel 5 news team. 

AND IT WAS THE GREATEST THING EVER. 

P.S. = threads like this is why i love giant bomb.