bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By bwooduhs
 http://au.games.ign.com/articles/104/1049762p3.html

I think it's pretty bold of them to put games like Trials HD and Shadow Complex in there (Even though they were great games) especially when there are a few games like Assassins Creed II, Left 4 Dead 2 and Borderlands that we're ommited from the list completly.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

1. Unchartered 2  
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. New Super Mario Bros Wii
4. Grand Theft Auto: Ballad of Gay Tony
5. Batman: Arkam Asylum
6. Shadow Complex
7. Trials HD
8. Streetfighter IV HD
9. Brutal Legend
10.  Killzone 2 

Clearly my tastes don't match theirs.   Outside of Mario, there isn't a single game on there that I am likely to own.  Viva la difference.  Most of my games would be on the DS, but that is me.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Akeldama

Im worried Uncharted 2 is gonna be overshadowed by Modern Warfare 2. Both great games, but Uncharted deserves GOTY.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
@Akeldama said:
"Im worried Uncharted 2 is gonna be overshadowed by Modern Warfare 2. Both great games, but Uncharted deserves GOTY. "

And it will most definatley win aplenty of them. But even if it doesn't....who cares? The fans know how much of a GOTY title it is and thats what i can rest with 8)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Brutal Legends higher then Killzone 2, helllll nooooooooo.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By septim

Assassin's Creed 2 not making the list yet Brutal Legend and Trials HD? You can argue all day long about Brutal Legend's charm but you cannot deny that the game had serious gameplay issues.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By thecleric
@Akeldama said:
" Im worried Uncharted 2 is gonna be overshadowed by Modern Warfare 2. Both great games, but Uncharted deserves GOTY. "
Uncharted 2 has a much better chance than Dragon Age. Because apparently something can't be RPG of the year AND game of the year. RPGs aren't allowed to be goty I guess!
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akeldama
@thecleric said:
" @Akeldama said:
" Im worried Uncharted 2 is gonna be overshadowed by Modern Warfare 2. Both great games, but Uncharted deserves GOTY. "
Uncharted 2 has a much better chance than Dragon Age. Because apparently something can't be RPG of the year AND game of the year. RPGs aren't allowed to be goty I guess! "
Tell that to Oblivion.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Rowr

I think we all know ign au is retarded.

And i say that as an Australian.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Spike94
@Abyssfull said:
"@Akeldama said:
"Im worried Uncharted 2 is gonna be overshadowed by Modern Warfare 2. Both great games, but Uncharted deserves GOTY. "
And it will most definatley win aplenty of them. But even if it doesn't....who cares? The fans know how much of a GOTY title it is and thats what i can rest with 8) "

Me too :D 
Though I always have a personal several-tied GOTY. I can't decide on anything....>.>
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

Street Fighter IV isn't on there.  GAY!

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ineedaname
@oldschool said:
" 1. Unchartered 2  2. Modern Warfare 23. New Super Mario Bros Wii4. Grand Theft Auto: Ballad of Gay Tony5. Batman: Arkam Asylum6. Shadow Complex7. Trials HD8. Streetfighter IV HD9. Brutal Legend10.  Killzone 2  Clearly my tastes don't match theirs.   Outside of Mario, there isn't a single game on there that I am likely to own.  Viva la difference.  Most of my games would be on the DS, but that is me. "
and you know even though I own all of those games, I wouldnt seriously recommend one.
I'd give you one to buy if you gave me that list, but if you just asked what game should I but, it wouldn't be any of those.
And from that list, I don't think you've missed much.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
@Ineedaname said:
" @oldschool said:
" 1. Unchartered 2  2. Modern Warfare 23. New Super Mario Bros Wii4. Grand Theft Auto: Ballad of Gay Tony5. Batman: Arkam Asylum6. Shadow Complex7. Trials HD8. Streetfighter IV HD9. Brutal Legend10.  Killzone 2  Clearly my tastes don't match theirs.   Outside of Mario, there isn't a single game on there that I am likely to own.  Viva la difference.  Most of my games would be on the DS, but that is me. "
and you know even though I own all of those games, I wouldnt seriously recommend one. I'd give you one to buy if you gave me that list, but if you just asked what game should I but, it wouldn't be any of those. And from that list, I don't think you've missed much. "
Unchartered is probably good (clearly), but is a budget buy for me.  I have no desire for MC2 at all.  I will get NSMBW eventually, but no hurry.  I have GTA IV and don't play it, so so Gay Tony, but maybe eventually.  Batman just looked meh to me.  Shadow Complex, Trials and SFIVHD, not at all, never.  Brutal Legend, budget at best.  Killzone 2, even less interest than MC2, so probably never. 

I am not saying they are bad games, it is just that I only really dig JRPG.  A list like this is no better than a list from any member on this site - purely personal and therefore goodfor the writer.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ineedaname
@oldschool: Aye I never meant they were bad, not at all, but in the grand scheme of games released, I think there are better, sure Uncharted was good, but I never really found anything out of the ordinary in terms of what it did. I'm thinking of getting NSMBW myself, means I'll need more wii motes though.

Like I say nothing bad, but you've not actually missed anything.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
@Ineedaname said:
" @oldschool: Aye I never meant they were bad, not at all, but in the grand scheme of games released, I think there are better, sure Uncharted was good, but I never really found anything out of the ordinary in terms of what it did. I'm thinking of getting NSMBW myself, means I'll need more wii motes though.  Like I say nothing bad, but you've not actually missed anything. "
Sorry, I didn't intend to imply you thought that they were bad as I didn't think that.  In fact I am sure none of them are bad. 

The thing with "best" lists is like the Academy Awards, you can only vote on what you played, so how do you know if those you didn't are not better, for the individual.  If I did a list, it could only be "The best games I played this year".  Not really definitive is it?  As usual, I will end up playing more of this year's games next year. That is why I don't even bother to vote in any of the polls that go around.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@bwooduhs: Wow, 9 games I have 0 interest in.  The only game that sounds interesting on that list is Shadow Complex with its Metroidvania gameplay, but I can play Metroid and SOTN, instead.  I hate these top ten lists.  Bottom ten lists are more fun.