• 63 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by flasaltine (1807 posts) -
#2 Posted by Spoonman671 (4920 posts) -

Hey guys, IGN said something and I'm angry about it.  RAWR!

#3 Posted by Andorski (5452 posts) -

It's a terrible list... and then you link directly to said list?

#4 Posted by Linkster7 (1090 posts) -

It's got some weird games there for it being an PC game exclusive list, but it ain't that bad. I notice it's written by one guy which leads to more personal lists.

#5 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (4191 posts) -

@Andorski said:

It's a terrible list... and then you link directly to said list?

Exactly. Post the list and don't link at all. No one should have to visit that crap site.

Alternatively, don't make a thread about IGN in the first place.

#6 Posted by flasaltine (1807 posts) -

@Andorski said:

It's a terrible list... and then you link directly to said list?

The Holocaust was a terrible event. We have to teach about it in school. The list is almost at the same level. We need to make sure history never repeats itself.

#7 Posted by stalefishies (365 posts) -

Except that the Nazis don't get money for ads they put on the Holocaust.

#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (5118 posts) -

Wow. And that's directed at this thread, not the list.

#9 Edited by Etnos (260 posts) -

It has CONSOLE PORTS IN IT! ARRRRGGG OUTRAGEOUS!!

#10 Posted by endaround (2233 posts) -

5 entries per page? That's 4 too many! I used to know you IGN!

#11 Posted by Twinsun (541 posts) -

Bioshock is number 1? Didn't the pc version have a bunch of trouble or am I remembering wrong?

#12 Posted by DrBroel (66 posts) -

I like all the games on that list.

#13 Posted by Andorski (5452 posts) -

@DrBroel said:

I like all the games on that list.

Fuck this guy, AMIRITE !!!

#14 Posted by flasaltine (1807 posts) -

@DrBroel said:

I like all the games on that list.

Eve-.... Even Far... Even Far Cry 2?

#15 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5737 posts) -

How the fuck did you bring in Godwin's law within a second?

#16 Posted by NTM (8226 posts) -

I don't see why it's a terrible list, certainly since it's just an opinion. Plus, what you have written is too small to be worthy of discussion. I mean, what are we really supposed to say? It really doesn't matter.

Online
#17 Posted by Deranged (1899 posts) -

I'm not a PC gamer but BioShock was a marvellous game. Truly a modern classic.

#18 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (4191 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

How the fuck did you bring in Godwin's law within a second?

To be fair, it was actually about seven minutes.

You know who else would create an example of Godwin's law within seven minutes? The Nazis.

#19 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5737 posts) -

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

How the fuck did you bring in Godwin's law within a second?

To be fair, it was actually about seven minutes.

You know who else would bring in Godwin's law within seven minutes? Nazis.

Fucking Nazi's would do that wouldn't they? Those Nazi bastards.

(Does that mean Flacracker is a Nazi?!)

#20 Posted by GreggD (4581 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

@DrBroel said:

I like all the games on that list.

Eve-.... Even Far... Even Far Cry 2?

Far Cry 2 is a really good game, fuck off.

#21 Posted by OneManX (1709 posts) -

The Top 25 Modern PC Games

Top 25 PC Games from 2000-2011

TOp 25 PC Games of all Time.

...really IGN?

#22 Posted by Zelyre (1340 posts) -

Heh. When I saw Company of Heroes, I knew it'd have Anthony Gaegos' name there. Back in the GFW days, Sean Elliot and Anthony would play the shit outta it. By play, I mean fuck with people, but still...

#23 Posted by Zacagawea (1641 posts) -

Can we have a new forum rule where writing a sentence and linking to something on IGN is ban worthy?

#24 Posted by Bulby33 (645 posts) -

I don't mind the list but why didn't they just post it all in one to two pages? Fuck clicking through 5 pages, that's garbage.

#25 Posted by sociald1077 (283 posts) -

I don't get the hate. What am I missing here? The list seems fine.

#26 Posted by ADAMWD (670 posts) -

List looks good to me.

#27 Posted by Lumley (993 posts) -

A checked out that list just after it'd been published and it was all on one page. I was in awe and amazement. Looks like it didn't stay like that for long!

#28 Posted by Karkarov (3556 posts) -

@sociald1077 said:

I don't get the hate. What am I missing here? The list seems fine.

The fact that most of the list isn't pc games but ports of console games is part of it. The fact that most of them make no sense. Why is Civilization 5 more important than the game that started the series Civ 1? Many of the game on it simply don't belong on a top 25 pc games list as well. Seriously, Diablo 3? Diablo 2 I probably could have said.... fine okay.... but 3? No dice.

#29 Posted by Slydotcom (107 posts) -

Wow that list is totally ballz..

#30 Posted by Rawrz (604 posts) -

@Karkarov: Because its a list of the 25 best modern PC games and neither Civ 1 or Diablo 2 are modern. Games eligible for the list had to be released from 2006-2012.

#31 Posted by Spoonman671 (4920 posts) -
@Karkarov said:

@sociald1077 said:

I don't get the hate. What am I missing here? The list seems fine.

The fact that most of the list isn't pc games but ports of console games is part of it. The fact that most of them make no sense. Why is Civilization 5 more important than the game that started the series Civ 1? Many of the game on it simply don't belong on a top 25 pc games list as well. Seriously, Diablo 3? Diablo 2 I probably could have said.... fine okay.... but 3? No dice.

Dude, it says "modern" PC games.
#32 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -

@sociald1077 said:

I don't get the hate. What am I missing here? The list seems fine.

You're not missing anything. This is just what this community does.

#33 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1955 posts) -

@Andorski said:

It's a terrible list... and then you link directly to said list?

I fell for it....

Edit: The list is not bad, it's just that it's safe enough to get some controversial clicks and stuff.

#34 Posted by Milkman (17777 posts) -

More like IGN-orant, AMIRITE INTERNET?! WHO'S WITH ME?!

#35 Posted by MentalDisruption (1708 posts) -

@Twinsun said:

Bioshock is number 1? Didn't the pc version have a bunch of trouble or am I remembering wrong?

It did and still does. It's a great game, but I had to jump through hoops just to get it running on my pc the first time I tried it.

Online
#36 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

As much as I enjoyed playing Minecraft, there are way better games that deserve to be on that list.

#37 Posted by Karkarov (3556 posts) -

@Spoonman671: @Rawrz: Fair enough, but it doesn't address the fact that the list could be renamed to "best 25 modern console to pc ports" without having to change around half the list. It isn't much of a list any way you slice it.

#38 Posted by BeachThunder (12995 posts) -
#39 Edited by SSValis (1198 posts) -

@GreggD said:

@Flacracker said:

@DrBroel said:

I like all the games on that list.

Eve-.... Even Far... Even Far Cry 2?

Far Cry 2 is a really good game, fuck off.

but a "great" game?

#40 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1353 posts) -

Why does anyone give a flying fuck what their list looks like, let them have their opinions. Get over it.

#41 Posted by benpicko (2016 posts) -

I stopped at GTA IV. Great game. Shit port.

#42 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -
#43 Posted by Video_Game_King (36567 posts) -

But those look like good games.

#44 Posted by Spoonman671 (4920 posts) -
@Karkarov said:

@Spoonman671: @Rawrz: Fair enough, but it doesn't address the fact that the list could be renamed to "best 25 modern console to pc ports" without having to change around half the list. It isn't much of a list any way you slice it.

What the fuck does that matter?  All those "console ports" are awesome games that stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the PC exclusives.  Should all of their PS3 lists exclude games like Fallout 3 and Hot Pursuit because they're also on other platforms and might be ports?  A good game is a good game.
#45 Posted by illmatic19 (971 posts) -

If I had a nickel for every IGN list... I could probably buy IGN from Fox and stop these lists.

#46 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1713 posts) -

Pretty lame list.  Borderlands should be top 5 easy.

#47 Posted by CrazyBagMan (872 posts) -

So the list with all great games on it is terrible why?

#48 Posted by Skytylz (4068 posts) -

@sins_of_mosin said:

Pretty lame list. Borderlands should be top 5 easy.

PC version of that game was majorly borked at release. I think it's fine where it is.

List seemed ok, nothing particularly glaring.

#49 Posted by JackOhara (233 posts) -

@illmatic19 said:

If I had a nickel for every IGN list... I could probably buy IGN from Fox and stop these lists.

I sware lists are like 90% of their articles, everyone should just stop going there and giving them traffic/ad revenue

#50 Posted by Cloudenvy (5874 posts) -

I don't know, that list seems okay to me!