After everyone's help, here is what I "think" I'm going to go with, let me know what you think, the rest of this below is jibberish:
So the time has come where I'm going to be updating my PC. I'm planning on building one, but I'm in a little bit of foreign territory here and would like any help, useful suggestions or hints to if I'm in the right or wrong direction. Also, I'm not wanting to upgrade for at least 4 - 5 years as my laptop thus far has lasted that long and is still a good laptop, I just have more demanding work at the moment.
Here are my needs: I do graphic design creating band artwork and such, recording music, recording podcast, light video editing for web and Youtube (nothing in 1080 or blu ray extensive) and gaming.
Here's what I have so far:
- OS: Windows 7
- Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX
- Processor: Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Processor BX80623I72700K- Ram: 16GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs]
- Hard drive: 256GB Solid state drive and 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
- Graphics card: Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM give or take, maybe save a few bucks and get a 2GB, thoughts? I also could save quite a bit going for 1GB DDR5 Radeon HD 6850 [2 DVI, 2 mini-DP, HDMI. VGA adapter] , but that seems like it would drastically affect game performance.
- Heat sink: air or liquid, can't decide? Air is easy to clean, what kind of maintenance is needed for liquid?
- Primary drive: 1 Blu-ray writer & SuperMulti DVD burner (dont' see a need for 2)
- Ethernet port (don't need wi-fi as this'll be a desktop)
- Ports: 15-in-1 memory card reader, 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0
- Sound card: A sus Xonar