Im never going to sell a game again!!!!!!

• 60 results
xnoxiousx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xnoxiousx

Im not sure if any one else had this issue but i sold/trade in alot of games i loved just to get new ones and now im just ending up rebuying them and all and wanting them again.

Some recent games are uncharted 2 which i want back also re5 was great for co-op and also mas effect 1.

Also game i regret most is metal gear solid 4.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

Oh god i remember being a kid and succumbing to that temptation every time a new game that i like comes out

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i've never sold a game in my life. i don't understand how people can do that :( 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mutha3

I never sell anything(game-related at least).

But that's probably because I only buy games I really like(and like to replay 'em) and have enough of a disposable income that money isn't an issue for me.

Cetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Cetra

When I was a kid I sold pretty much my whole library of playstation 1 and 2 games. I've now started re-buying a lot of the ps2 games I once had, and more.  I had a ton of super rare playstation 1 games too. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond

I've told the story before but I used to trade in games all the time from the period I discovered Funcoland (1996) to this console gen (2005).  Not only would I trade in games but I'd trade in systems and later rebuy them.

I specifically made a vow to myself before the 360 came out that I wouldn't trade in any games this gen.  Well technically I broke that when I recently traded in Oblivion for PS3 (I have it on 360 and PC too).  The bug is mostly gone now.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By landon

Sadly I must sell games if I wish to continue my hobby. I do have a dream one day of having a large collection of games though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Better late than never. I still have copies of games I can never even play again. I just feel so attached to my ever growing collection that it'd be a sin for me to sell one D=

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By RVonE

Selling my games? What are you, some kind of barbarian?
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Jeust

I sold God of War. ^^

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By one_2nd

Ok. 

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about to flog my entire 360 collection. There are around 20 or so games, and the thing that depresses me is that for all their worth (probably in the region of £800), I'll be lucky to make 60 back.

Agreed on regret part, too. I sold a bunch of my N64 games a few years back, spent the earnings on sweets and magazines (I was only a kid), and have never forgiven myself since.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

I sold 2 games this week to buy Starcraft 2 but my rule is to never sell games. I only buy games I know I'll love and play. I rarely make a mistake, and rarely have to sell anything. I rent everything else.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Bigheart711
@AjayRaz said:
"i've never sold a game in my life. i don't understand how people can do that :(  "

Welcome to my world. :(
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@AjayRaz:  some people needz dem paperz
JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JerichoBlyth

I trade/sell games all the time - they have no emotional connection to me whatsoever. They're just interactive entertainment streamed from a disk afterall.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By meteora

I never sell my games for some reason. Its pretty odd, because I never go back to playing them (with a few exceptions). I think I like to keep them on my shelve as some kind of large library of games, a collection of sorts.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By markini6

I'm exactly the same, I sell them then end up buying most of them again some months down the line. I've recently re-purchased Uncharted 2, but it's actually worked out well because I can play the single player again and almost experience it for the first again. I've actually bought and re-bought Borderlands a ridiculous three times, due to wanting to play the DLC or seeing someone else play it and getting an urge. However, one game I definitely don't regret trading in/selling is MAG. Not once have I missed it :)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@AjayRaz said:
" i've never sold a game in my life. i don't understand how people can do that :(  "
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By frankxiv

congratulations, you are now a pc gamer.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hockeymask27
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BraveToaster

I only sell the shitty ones.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Griddler

I have no problem selling games like Bionic Commando and Dark Void that I have no plans of replaying if it helps me pay for a game I know I will enjoy.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ninjakiller

Never sell any of my games.  You never know when you'll get the urge.  

PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PK_Koopa

I sell my games 'cause I need the money, however I keep the ones I really like.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#26  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I admit to having sold some games that I now regret selling, but for the most part I now only get rid of stuff that isn't very good in the first place. Thanks to that extra cash, I bought some games that would have otherwise been ignored, such as Resident Evil 4 and Burnout Paradise.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By DanielJW

I sold my SNES and all it's games a while ago. I am now disgusted with myself.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Landon said:
" Sadly I must sell games if I wish to continue my hobby. I do have a dream one day of having a large collection of games though. "
Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Cwaff

I like to keep my games and display them on my shelf for all to see and marvel at my great taste.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adoggz

the value proposition just isn't there for me to consider reselling my games.

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By buwchbach

The only games I have ever sold have been; 
Call of Duty 4 
Call of Duty World at War 
Assassins' Creed 
Paper Mario 2(To MUCH regret) 
and my gamecube which I sold upon getting my Wii, I regret this because the GameCube looks way cooler than the wii, and I am a collector of some sorts. 
I no longer sell my games away.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By ch13696

The last time I sold a crap load of games was when I needed the money to get into a school. If you look at my PS3 list, you'll see what I traded in. It sucks, but wait a while till all those games are $20 or below. Most likely when the PS4 is out.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ajamafalous
@AjayRaz said:
" i've never sold a game in my life. i don't understand how people can do that :(  "
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FateOfNever

I stopped selling games a long time ago after I realized how much I regretted getting rid of old games, since I'd always have an itch to play them later sometime.  A friend of mine though has been absolutely terrible when it comes to video games - I think, in all, he has bought and resold a 360 something like five times.  He'd get bored of the games on the system, see something else he wanted, sell everything for the system, and buy something new (like a PS3 or a Wii) and then get bored with that system, see something he wanted on the 360 again, sell off the other system and everything for it and re-buy the 360.  It blows my mind, the amount of money he's lost selling and buying stuff that way would more than be enough for him to own each system AND probably own a decent gaming PC by now.

SythonX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SythonX7

Sold my PS2, about 25 PS2 games, my DS lite, and about 15 DS/GBA games for a 360, MASSIVE REGRET! NEVER AGAIN!

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a kid selling games i owned was the only way to buy newer games, yes i regret it but it had to be done.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By yakov456

When I had a 360 I played Oblivion like crazy. Sold the 360 and Oblivion after my second RROD. After owning my ps3 for two years I had to revisit it, god I love that game.

Leadcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Leadcat

I would never sell a console, but I have no problem selling certain games.

Of course I always keep my favourites, but sometimes keeping a game that's just going to sit there makes no sense to me. I sold SF4 when Super came out because I would literally never play it again. But that doesn't mean I always sell the old one if a new version comes out, I sold DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 because if I ever wanted to play one of those games I would go to DMC3 or Ninja Gaiden Black. I'm never going to get the craving to play the lesser game in a series. 

EDIT: Should add this doesn't mean I only keep one game per series. I've got more Final Fantasies and Street Fighters than I'll ever need. >_>

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By andrela

I keep games I like. Games that I know I'll nevr play again i.e Assassins Creed or Gears of War 1, I'll trade if their worth something appropriate

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#40  Edited By jacksukeru

I traded in New Super Mario Bros when Pokemon Pearl came out, it's the only game I've ever sold that I have later rebought though.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpiralStairs

I still regret selling Chrono Cross. I have a nice collection at the moment, and even the games I don't like I keep.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By IamTerics

I once sold my entire Xbox collection. All I got was 30 bucks which i used to get Far Cry 2 for PS3. All I regret is Psychonauts and Stranger's Wrath. I still have my SNES though. Dont care what anyone says Super Godzilla is amazing.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43  Edited By zyn
@AjayRaz said:
this.  Every game that I've purchased, I keep forever!
ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By ATrevelan

I haven't traded in anything I've bought in the past several years, unless it was total crap (Too Human, for example.) 

I learned my lesson after selling Valkyrie Profile (!!!!) for psx and later watching the prices skyrocket. I should have kept it forever and ever, because it's awesome, or at least waited a few more years and sold it for a small fortune.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mylifeforAiur
@AjayRaz said:
This^^...........except Halo 3: ODST, traded it for some small Mario figurines :)
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Meowayne
@AjayRaz said:
I dont understand how anyone can support a hobby like gaming without selling games you don't play anymore.
How do you live with shelves of potential money in your room?
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By shadows_kill

im never selling a game again either.. i sold it to a local place and they gave a nice price but i like to keep my collection......

@MooseyMcMan said:

" @AjayRaz said:
"

for me it was  cause i needed money..
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By louiedog
@Meowayne said:
" @AjayRaz said:
I dont understand how anyone can support a hobby like gaming without selling games you don't play anymore. How do you live with shelves of potential money in your room? "
I buy games I want to own and GameFly stuff I just want to play once or twice.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hatking

I sold a bunch of games when I was younger, usually only owning a few games at a time.  Then I realized the amount of money I was losing.  I then quit selling game, I built up a huge library of games and never played half of them.  Then I grew up and realized there are important things like rent and insurance I need to pay for.  I usually just avoid buying the game in the first place nowadays. : /
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jadeskye
@AjayRaz said:
This.