• 59 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty notorious for not finishing games, and I just realized I have a whole 12 games that I need to finish, 2 of them are just expansions but I clearly need to hold off on buying any new games.

*reaches hand out trying to grasp uncharted 2 and MW2* @_@

anyone else have this same problem? 

• Company Of Heroes
  • Company Of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
  • Doom 3
  • Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
  • The Witcher
  • Zeno Clash
  • Mass Effect
  • Oblivion (I realize that finishing this game is probably a relative thing  lol)
  • Crysis Warhead
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear sky
  • Grand Theft Auto 4

I think one issue I might have is learning to devote time to the games I play? Although it does kinda leave me at awe when I have some people tell me that a 5 hour game session is a warm up lol the longest I've ever played a game was 4 to 5 hours and that was once San Andreas with my cousin and another time Bioshock with my friend those were YEARS apart lol
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Gregomasta

not so much anymore, but there was a time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I hardly ever get games to the 100% marker, close enough still, but i usually complete all the main stuff featured.
Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe list these unfinished games so we may perhaps give you a reason why some of them are better left unfinished.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill:  updated my post for ya
mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mhkjtha

i often dont complete games either. sometimes they just drag out the stuff for way to long (looking at the gta series in particular)

i dont undertsand why you stopped playing crysis warhead though that game is brilliant+pretty short

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhkjtha:  I think I'm about half way through warhead, I tend not to play games straight through I alternate between games. I plan on coming back to warhead very soon just in the mood for an RPG at the moment.
FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I usually try to limit myself to one or two games at a time. Trucking through them becomes much easier that way, and you get to enjoy the stories more instead of jumping around to other games and getting plot points confused with each other.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FuzzYLemoN:  Yea that seems like a good way to go about it, I haven't played Doom 3 in a while and I'm kinda lost on the little tid bits of story they give u through the Logs by now, so I might have to start from the beginning but that game is freaky =X
Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Alphawolfy

Well I used to have that problem with my Gamecube games, but now I pretty much only buy a new game every two months or so. Gives me plenty of time to finish it (probably multiple times). 

I would suggest you play them one at a time, and play a game of the same genre afterwards (although your list is mostly FPS and RPG anyway) so that you'll already be used to the controls and combat. Don't worry about switching games if it becomes too dull though. Games are all about fun!

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By chstupid

Sadly I used to buy a game on sale play it for 30 min. get mad and never look at it again

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mhkjtha
@Jman522 said:

" @mhkjtha:  I think I'm about half way through warhead, I tend not to play games straight through I alternate between games. I plan on coming back to warhead very soon just in the mood for an RPG at the moment. "

wait a minute youre not jman the fox smasher, are you? (if you are then you know exactly what i mean, no johns)
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Discorsi

Ya I am so bad about that.  It's not like I quit because they go too difficult, most I just quit because I get bored of it or some other new game comes in.  For example, the Fire Emblem for ds which I can't remember the subtitle of, I have not beat.  I am like 1 or 2 missions from the end and I just stopped playing because the game was not giving me the challenge I loved in the earlier missions.

dangerousdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dangerousdave

I can definitely relate.  I'm horrible at this.  I just recently gave up midway on both Beyond Good & Evil and Mirror's Edge.. and I also have to finish Call of Duty 4 before Modern Warfare 2 comes out so that I'm all caught up with all the cool cats.  I just recently played through Titan Quest with a friend but gave up like 12 hours in after realizing there was all of Egypt to go through!!  It's hard to be a gamer.. oy vay!    

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mistzero

im guilty of not finishing the game when im very close to the ending.  i think its a mental block because usually when i beat a game i never go back to it; unless its super awesome.  subconsciously im probably like dude if you finish the last mission of this great game youll never go back to it so why dont you just play another game and comeback to this one later.  also i buy a ton of games too

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By swamplord666

i do that way too much... here is my list:
KH : played after KH2 and gameplay is not as good
GTA 4 (don't plan to either)
Halo 3 (might... but probably won't)
Chrono trigger(basically 2-3 hours from the end)
FF7: Dunno why
FF10: Dunno Why
Fallout 3: Got bored
MK shaolin monks : Game is a coop game for me and need to call my friend to come finish it with me
HL2 + episodes : Dunno why
Hitman Bloodmoney : lack of interest
L4D : I has a scare of scary games?
MH:FU : Steeeeeeeep learning cure that i don't have time to tend to + need to get my friend to come play
Crush : going through it
Patapon 2  : going through it
Advanced wars dual strike : play it intermittently

And all the while i plan on getting MW2 and AC 2 by the end of the year :( 

Mostly  i think i just buy some games for the concept and the world and if the gameplay is good enough i'll stick it to the end

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

My list of shame is so long it's, well, shameful.  I have lots of games I've only played somewhat through.  That's why when a game comes along that really holds my attention (like Borderlands right now) I am very pleased with the experience.  I'm not going to bother to list everything I've left incomplete, but needless to say, it would be extensive.  But, I am okay with that.  I don't feel pressured any more to have to complete a game.  If I get a solid 10-20 hours out of the game, it's worth the price of admission. 

Honestly, I am more disturbed by the games I've bought and never played than the ones I've left unfinished.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai
@Jman522: I used to know someone who's worse then you. As soon as a game gets a bit challenging or he can't figure out how to advance in the game, then thats where he's done playing. I actually once complied a list of 43 games that are just sitting unfinished at his place. The worst part is that for some odd reason the concept of renting games escapes him and he always ends up buying those games. Rather sad. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mhkjtha:  I have no idea who that is lol sorry

Another thing to maybe note is alot of GTA4 Missions annoy me b/c one as u progress further into the game the missions start to get repetitive to me, so I pretty much just wanna finish each mission to get to the next cut-scene to see which character is gonna die next or something. 

and also I feel like the sluggish movement and sometimes unresponsive cover system (hard to explain) annoys the crap out of me. One last thing is that I don't find there to be much of any checkpoints in missions, so if I fail I don't just start at the beginning of the mission where I'm at the location, but I have to start ALL THE WAY back at the beginning where I'm assigned the mission so I have to get in the car and drive all the way to the marker just to restart the mission and sometimes that drive can be all the way across the city or on another island. I mean the first or second time is fine for the scenery, but after that its just really frustrating.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Milkman

You should finish Zeno Clash. The game is only like 5 hours long at most and the ending is "HOLYFUCKOMGWHAT" inducing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Milkman: 
I'm at the part where I'm in a flashback to go meet and kill motherfather is that near the end?
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King

Not really, no. My problem is that I'll usually get into a game, and then get distracted by a bunch of other games and forget about the first. Seiken Densetsu 3, Okami, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, there are probably others.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By beargirl1

not anymore, but there i was a time where i would just play games and just never play them again. today i appreciate what i have  

though, i never finished GTA IV. story just got stale for me. 

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I make it a point to beat most of my games.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox

Oh man. My list is much longer. In fact it's so much longer that I refuse to type it out. I need a simple way to list the contents of my TO FINISH folder.

And then there's my WON'T FINISH folder which is full of games I'm not even going to fool myself about, yet somehow can't bring myself to delete.

The problems you seem to have with GTA4 have been fixed in TLAD and BOGT, except for the sluggishness inherent to the animations in the game. I wholly recommend EFLC, but it's better as DLC for GTA4 since you get to keep the GTA4 soundtrack which was removed from EFLC for licensing issues. And you don't need to have played GTA4 to follow the episodes, albeit it certainly helps fill in the other sides of what's happening. I beat GTA4 twice and got 1/3 of the way in a good number of times -- after that it gets old. EFLC stays fresh throughout.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Milkman
@Jman522 said:
" @Milkman:  I'm at the part where I'm in a flashback to go meet and kill motherfather is that near the end? "
I'd say you have like 2 hours left, if I remember correctly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Milkman: 

ahhh kk cool thanks, great game by the way, can get  a bit frustrating sometimes but its def awesome^^
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVO:  if u happen to have Doom 3 on pc, they have a co-op mod if u ever happen to wanna finish it through co-op^^
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm even worse than that. Just looking through my steam games list there are 30 games I have yet to complete. And that's before you take into account any of my 360 games, Wii games and non-steam PC games (which is a lot).

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By eroticfishcake

I can understand how some people don't really finish RPG games but Company of Heroes should be easy to pick up since you could always finish off were you left without worrying about story or equipment. You should really finish off Company of Heroes though. I think it's one of the most interesting strategy games in recent times.

FoleyLantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FoleyLantz

Im pretty bad at this myself.
But thats because i buy tons of games i deep down dont like. Like the new Red Faction for example.

Seriously though Jman522...chain yourself the the computer and send me the key...i will mail it back when you finish The Witcher XD

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EVO
@Jman522 said:
" @EVO:  if u happen to have Doom 3 on pc, they have a co-op mod if u ever happen to wanna finish it through co-op^^ "
Nah, Xbox. 

I made a pact with myself to only play it:
  • at night
  • with the lights off
  • with headphones on
  • stoned

Needless to say that had something to do with me not finishing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVO:  lol I hope u were wearing diapers
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Diamond

I used to have that problem really bad, but Xbox 360's achievements have taught me more completionist discipline.  Still, if I buy a game and it doesn't really appeal to me I won't play through it very fast, if at all.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By nick_verissimo

I generally never finish any rpg's, but that's more or less because I don't have the time and sometimes the patience to grind through those games anymore.  I remember like 8-10 years ago where I could play rpg's for nearly 40 hours and never have it feel like that.  But other then that, I'm pretty good at finishing most games that only really require 10-15 hours to get through.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By linkster7

And I thought I was the only not having finished GTA 4.

There are a lot of games I have neglected to finish to, but I found out it was probably for a reason since most of the time I go back to games I usually just play them for 10 minutes and get bored.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By End_Boss

The only two that you really need to finish on that list are Mass Effect and GTA IV.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, I have loads of unbeaten games.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By MysteriousBob

I haven't completed 85% of all the games I've ever owned. 

I still haven't completed Pac Man and The Sims 1 yet. Damn games just keep going.

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41  Edited By Grim_Fandango

So am I, but the one game I still yet to finish is Clear Sky... The ending is impossible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@End_Boss:  how's that? lol you played all of the other ones, not worth it?
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By Willy105

I rarely finish games either.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By iam3green

i'm on the same boat man. i have a lot of games that i haven't finished. i have a lot of them also and i plan on getting modern warfare 2. so far the newest games that i have bought were need for speed: shift, forza 3, borderlands and modern warfare 2. i've been trying to not spend so much money. 

my list of unfinished games

• cod: waw
  • little big planet
  • gran turosimo: pro league
  • metal gear solid 4 
  • gta 4
  • banjo kazzoie: nuts and bolts
  • bioshock
  • mass effect
  • kameo (idk if i'm going to finish)
  • crysis
  • orange box
  • world of goo
  • unreal tournament 3 (learned this game is crap on 360)

a lot of games that i have not finished but still going to buy more games lol i'm trying not to buy games that are coming out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iam3green:  you should def try to finish 

• Bioshock (great game overall)
  • MGS4 (for the story even though I think its alil bit to watered down for the mainstream)
  • COD:WAW (COD campaigns are always alot of fun)
  • Orange Box ( simply one of the best bundles ever, I played half life 2, ep 1, and ep 2 and it was amazing^^)

For games like Kameo...pro league world of goo i cant really say since i havent really played those much....and UT3....well I'm assuming most people just skipped the campaign cuz its pretty much multiplayer with bots tbh.
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Brunchies

I'm having that problem with Dead space right know but everything else, I beat once. I did that more though 5 years ago when I just play them a couple of times and never beat them because I sucked at every game I played around that time. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#47  Edited By Jeust

I've played complete days- not 24 hours -, but that are the exception and not the rule.

About games left unfinished, the more pressing ones are:

- Jade Empire (i'm taking my time with it)
- Castlevania. Circle Of The Moon
- Assassin's Creed (though i'll get the new director's cut next week as i was playing with a copy from a friend of mine, so i'll hold off till then)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Parasite Eve

But my complete list includes:

- Half Life 1 and Orange Box
- Persona 3 
- Persona 4
- Resident Evil 5
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy XII
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- Fatal Frame 3
- Condemned: Criminal Origins  
- Parasite Eve 2
- Hotel Dusk: Room 215 
- Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

I don't play also all that much, generally one hour two tops, so it's kind of hard finishing games also.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeust:  yea I tend to play short sessions as well, hour to hour and a half tops usually for me, I can't do those long sessions I hear other gamers do lol

I can't believe someone really told me that a 5 hour long session was a warm up lol
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By Jeust
@Jman522: 

me neither... though when a person doesn't have nothing better to do a five hours game session is just stretch.

But it's too long for me, unfortunatly. If i was immortal or had the won the national lotery i wouldn't mind for a while. lol
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

I have one idiotic friend who pre-orders games plays them for a week or so and then sells them