• 56 results
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

Before I start with my very first rant and complaint, I’m going to announce something good!  I finally hit the 1000 Wiki points!  And surprisingly, I gained 1,664 extra points on top of that in one day!! I’ve been busting my bubbles to find content that I can write about and edit, and I came up with Bust-A-Move Plus! (Puzzle Bobble Wii! known in other areas), and Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition that needed some work done to it.  I did an entire character section on Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee!  I provided links, pictures, and I spruced it up a little bit!  The content that was already there was left alone, so all I did is add to it!  I hope that they all look good, because I spent a long time doing those edits. They probably need more work done to them, but at least I have offered my part.  :D  Things do happen for the unfortunate!

Well, I have finally lost my mind and flipped my wig towards something! It’s really interesting on what you read nowadays on different sites about different systems and different games, but the one thing that seems to just make me sick is the fanboy selfishness. Fanboy selfishness is what I would define as saying that a system is better than another. It’s also saying that a game is better or would be better on another system. Honestly, does any of this matter? Not to me.

There is no problem with being a fanboy, but it’s often abused by the selfishness of what I speak of.  I’m a Nintendo fanboy, and I love the systems that I bought from the company over the years. I grew up playing Nintendo, and it’s what I stuck with because they respectfully gained my trust of producing games that are of my taste. I’m sure that the XBOX360, PC (for what games it plays, not alltogether because there is more to a PC), Wii, Playstation 3 is all great systems, and they respectfully gain approval from their customers.  All are successful companies, and all their systems have their good and bad games and qualities. However, I stick with Nintendo because they offer the games I like.  The PC, XBOX360, and Playstation 3 do not offer what I look for, so I take no interest. *Note that I did not put the 3 systems down in any way, and I logically explained why I take no interest in them.

Here is another example, I don’t like XBOX because there are not enough games to keep me entertained and interested. All I did there is say my opinion on why I don’t like the XBOX, I didn’t put it down, and I provided a logical explanation why I don’t like it. What I mean by putting it down is like saying, XBOX is the worst system ever made, it’s a waste of money, and Microsoft was out of their mind on making it. I don’t agree with this statement, of course, because it’s illogical and it can’t be proven that it’s the worst system ever made, if it’s a waste of money, or if Microsoft is out of their mind on making it.  If you don’t like something, provide a logical explanation on why you don’t like it, and make sure to provide a fact or statement is proved.

It’s ok though to express interests or opinions on what you like and don’t like, but it’s not right putting down something because of something you don’t like and illogically explaining the reason why.  Plus, some may never know because they never tried other things.  The reason why we have game reviews is to express what we like and dislike about a game and rationally explaining why you like or dislike the game.  Game reviews are great to have around because they are an example of a healthy competition between games on a system.  You can share what you like and dislikes compared to other games, and do it reasonably.

Saying that a game is going to be better on another system because of something like controls, graphics, or gameplay is something that I would consider selfish.  Take for example, Sonic Unleashed is a game that is released on all platforms, and let’s say for example that the Playstation 3 version is better than the Wii version. Wouldn’t that example be a selfish statement? Yes it would because it’s indicating that one is better than the other, it’s not a logical explanation, and it’s just the same game but on different systems.  It truthfully doesn’t matter what Sonic Unleashed is on because it’s still the same game, and it can be enjoyed in different ways by different gamers.

My philosophy is that there are good and bad qualities on games and systems.  Nothing is perfect!  Even though I write blogs and other things about Nintendo, in several blogs I try to mention things outside of Nintendo, and I hope that has shown.  What I know is mostly Nintendo, and I really do try to step out of that wall and check out what the other systems have to offer.  People often talk to me about games like Oblivion, InFAMOUS, Braid and many other games, and I welcome and give them the freedom to talk about the games to me, even if it’s not what I’m into. Even if, for example, Braid is not a game that I wouldn’t really want to play, I don’t mind one talking about it, and I would listen.

What I have said in this blog may not be perfect. If I accidently said something that is selfish, I do apologize. We’ve all at one time or another might have said something that may be selfish regarding the gaming, console war, but it is up to all of us to make the effort and keep it under control. Please do keep in mind that I mean no harm, and I’m wrote this blog for a good purpose to end the fanboyism war, or at least keep the fanboyism war dimmed and clean.

All games and systems may not be created equal, but it is with what I like to call courtesy is what helps everyone get along. I am not a fan of the Olympics too much, but what always amazed me is that all these countries set their differences aside and had a healthy competition. The fanboyism should be treated in the way of what has been done in the Olympics.  The two previous sentences explain on what I mean by that special type of courtesy.  Why let something like games and consoles get in the way of friendships or possible friendships?  We are all gamers and gamers alike with different tastes in games.  Be thankful for what you get and what is offered through the different services.

So now, my rant is over, my blood pressure is up, and I’m waaay too happy and hyper, so have a nice day everyone. The funny thing is, I've not done anything to make me this happy and hyper!  But Hopefully, I said something worthwhile to help battle this fanboyism war, and hope what all I said made sense.

WAHOO!!,

Ty

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

Before I start with my very first rant and complaint, I’m going to announce something good!  I finally hit the 1000 Wiki points!  And surprisingly, I gained 1,664 extra points on top of that in one day!! I’ve been busting my bubbles to find content that I can write about and edit, and I came up with Bust-A-Move Plus! (Puzzle Bobble Wii! known in other areas), and Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition that needed some work done to it.  I did an entire character section on Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee!  I provided links, pictures, and I spruced it up a little bit!  The content that was already there was left alone, so all I did is add to it!  I hope that they all look good, because I spent a long time doing those edits. They probably need more work done to them, but at least I have offered my part.  :D  Things do happen for the unfortunate!

Well, I have finally lost my mind and flipped my wig towards something! It’s really interesting on what you read nowadays on different sites about different systems and different games, but the one thing that seems to just make me sick is the fanboy selfishness. Fanboy selfishness is what I would define as saying that a system is better than another. It’s also saying that a game is better or would be better on another system. Honestly, does any of this matter? Not to me.

There is no problem with being a fanboy, but it’s often abused by the selfishness of what I speak of.  I’m a Nintendo fanboy, and I love the systems that I bought from the company over the years. I grew up playing Nintendo, and it’s what I stuck with because they respectfully gained my trust of producing games that are of my taste. I’m sure that the XBOX360, PC (for what games it plays, not alltogether because there is more to a PC), Wii, Playstation 3 is all great systems, and they respectfully gain approval from their customers.  All are successful companies, and all their systems have their good and bad games and qualities. However, I stick with Nintendo because they offer the games I like.  The PC, XBOX360, and Playstation 3 do not offer what I look for, so I take no interest. *Note that I did not put the 3 systems down in any way, and I logically explained why I take no interest in them.

Here is another example, I don’t like XBOX because there are not enough games to keep me entertained and interested. All I did there is say my opinion on why I don’t like the XBOX, I didn’t put it down, and I provided a logical explanation why I don’t like it. What I mean by putting it down is like saying, XBOX is the worst system ever made, it’s a waste of money, and Microsoft was out of their mind on making it. I don’t agree with this statement, of course, because it’s illogical and it can’t be proven that it’s the worst system ever made, if it’s a waste of money, or if Microsoft is out of their mind on making it.  If you don’t like something, provide a logical explanation on why you don’t like it, and make sure to provide a fact or statement is proved.

It’s ok though to express interests or opinions on what you like and don’t like, but it’s not right putting down something because of something you don’t like and illogically explaining the reason why.  Plus, some may never know because they never tried other things.  The reason why we have game reviews is to express what we like and dislike about a game and rationally explaining why you like or dislike the game.  Game reviews are great to have around because they are an example of a healthy competition between games on a system.  You can share what you like and dislikes compared to other games, and do it reasonably.

Saying that a game is going to be better on another system because of something like controls, graphics, or gameplay is something that I would consider selfish.  Take for example, Sonic Unleashed is a game that is released on all platforms, and let’s say for example that the Playstation 3 version is better than the Wii version. Wouldn’t that example be a selfish statement? Yes it would because it’s indicating that one is better than the other, it’s not a logical explanation, and it’s just the same game but on different systems.  It truthfully doesn’t matter what Sonic Unleashed is on because it’s still the same game, and it can be enjoyed in different ways by different gamers.

My philosophy is that there are good and bad qualities on games and systems.  Nothing is perfect!  Even though I write blogs and other things about Nintendo, in several blogs I try to mention things outside of Nintendo, and I hope that has shown.  What I know is mostly Nintendo, and I really do try to step out of that wall and check out what the other systems have to offer.  People often talk to me about games like Oblivion, InFAMOUS, Braid and many other games, and I welcome and give them the freedom to talk about the games to me, even if it’s not what I’m into. Even if, for example, Braid is not a game that I wouldn’t really want to play, I don’t mind one talking about it, and I would listen.

What I have said in this blog may not be perfect. If I accidently said something that is selfish, I do apologize. We’ve all at one time or another might have said something that may be selfish regarding the gaming, console war, but it is up to all of us to make the effort and keep it under control. Please do keep in mind that I mean no harm, and I’m wrote this blog for a good purpose to end the fanboyism war, or at least keep the fanboyism war dimmed and clean.

All games and systems may not be created equal, but it is with what I like to call courtesy is what helps everyone get along. I am not a fan of the Olympics too much, but what always amazed me is that all these countries set their differences aside and had a healthy competition. The fanboyism should be treated in the way of what has been done in the Olympics.  The two previous sentences explain on what I mean by that special type of courtesy.  Why let something like games and consoles get in the way of friendships or possible friendships?  We are all gamers and gamers alike with different tastes in games.  Be thankful for what you get and what is offered through the different services.

So now, my rant is over, my blood pressure is up, and I’m waaay too happy and hyper, so have a nice day everyone. The funny thing is, I've not done anything to make me this happy and hyper!  But Hopefully, I said something worthwhile to help battle this fanboyism war, and hope what all I said made sense.

WAHOO!!,

Ty

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By halberdierv2

well congrats with  the wiki work, that's also how I got a lot of my points with spucing up articles.

I agree with you fanboy views, its ok to like a system more, but to pull down others is just being an idiot, especially for something as insignificant as video games.
true3man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By true3man

If this is how much you write in a forum, I'm surprised you didn't reach 1000 points sooner. Yes fanboy selfishness does suck, but just ignore it and it will go away.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I have 800-ish points =(.
I, too, agree with your fanboy views.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

I like all my platforms of gaming, Wii, Xbox 360 and PC. I get irritated with Wii hate. I had my rant / tirade about it. I just need to do a better job of ignoring the internet blues of Wii hate. Congrats on the Wiki stuff.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

But it's all about the graphics and being a mature gamer  :-)

I can't get over the amount of times I get called a fanboy, or worse, because my preference is Nintendo for most gaming, yet as my massive collection of games says otherwise.  It is all just an attempt at point scoring and rather pitiful.  I get the same if I swear some allegiance to Mac computers, yet it completely satisfies my need to play as many RTS games as possible.  I enjoy what I enjoy and I could care less what others think.

Now excuse me, whilst I go back to play Pokemon Platinum.  It's awesome.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Well said! 

Congrats on the points, now go fix some bad grammar! lol.  

I hate when people are so narrow-minded that all they can see is their system/game and nothing else. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tireyo

To All: LOL! Thanks for the congrats!

@true3man said:

" If this is how much you write in a forum, I'm surprised you didn't reach 1000 points sooner. Yes fanboy selfishness does suck, but just ignore it and it will go away. "

Nah, I only write like this when I'm happy and extremely hyper!  Not often am I like this! Lol.

I do ignore it, it's just depressing to see a lot of that selfishness spreading!
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By NoXious

Congratulations on the points! :)

@Tireyo643 said:

"Saying that a game is going to be better on another system because of something like controls, graphics, or gameplay is something that I would consider selfish."

I disagree with what you said here, because not every likes the same thing as the next. There's nothing selfish about liking what you like - and stating it as an opinion. It's people that claim their opinion to be fact that are the true fanboys.

Like for example, I find Fallout 3 a better game suited for PC - because I'm a better marksman on the PC with a mouse and my system outperforms an Xbox anyday.
But Overlord 2 for example, is crap to play with Mouse and Keyboard in my opinion - so I bought a wired Controller so my superior PC can run it and I can live with the controls.
All logical claims as to why I'd say those games are better on PC - how is this selfish? If my PC outperforms an Xbox - there's NO opinion to it, it simply does!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tireyo
@NoXious said:
"

Congratulations on the points! :)

@Tireyo643 said:

"Saying that a game is going to be better on another system because of something like controls, graphics, or gameplay is something that I would consider selfish."

I disagree with what you said here, because not every likes the same thing as the next. There's nothing selfish about liking what you like - and stating it as an opinion. It's people that claim their opinion to be fact that are the true fanboys.

Like for example, I find Fallout 3 a better game suited for PC - because I'm a better marksman on the PC with a mouse and my system outperforms an Xbox anyday.
But Overlord 2 for example, is crap to play with Mouse and Keyboard in my opinion - so I bought a wired Controller so my superior PC can run it and I can live with the controls.
All logical claims as to why I'd say those games are better on PC - how is this selfish? If my PC outperforms an Xbox - there's NO opinion to it, it simply does!

"
You do have a point there!  I guess it's just how one goes about it!

Thanks for the congrats, and pointing out that statement to me!!
NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NoXious

@Tireyo643:

You're welcome ^^

How are you regarding choice of platform however? I personally choose which one is cheaper (import tends to fluctuate alot!) so I hardly care about platform as long as the controls are bearable.
I guess that makes me a control-Fanboy though XD

All-in-all just try to ignore fanboys, it'll save a year or two out of shear frustation on the long run ;)

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind

I'm sick of Wii bashing mostly.  I have no reason to hate the PS3 or Xbox360.  In fact, I am looking into getting one of those two systems.  There are so many games it offers that I am interested in.  Although I am leaning towards getting a PS3.  I picked up Metal Gear Solid collection for the PS1 and PS2. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tireyo
@NoXious said:
"

@Tireyo643:

You're welcome ^^

How are you regarding choice of platform however? I personally choose which one is cheaper (import tends to fluctuate alot!) so I hardly care about platform as long as the controls are bearable.
I guess that makes me a control-Fanboy though XD

All-in-all just try to ignore fanboys, it'll save a year or two out of shear frustation on the long run ;)

"
I'm not sure what you was trying to ask there.  I think you are asking me on what motivates me on deciding on a console/platform.  If that be the case, I like to choose consoles mainly for the games.  The Price doesn't matter to me, because if there are a variety of games that appeal to me as well as a number of games that appeal to me, then it's worth getting.  I hope that answers on what you're trying to ask me.

I might be a Nintendo fanboy, but I guess that I'm part of a different kind.  I don't know! 

Alright! :D
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolemnOaf

I have 0 pts., does that mean everything I say is without merit?

In that case, you should really look into investing in one of the "upper" systems.  Anyone who considers the Wii their primary machine is less of a gamer and more of a lamer.

If that wasn't enough to midly annoy you, try this on for size:

We get it, you're a child stuck in a man's body.  You don't gotta write a novel about it!

Have a nice day.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By oldschool

@ SolemnOaf

Was that intended to be ironic or just a troll post?
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolemnOaf

intentions are easily confused.  Don't you mean meant?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#17  Edited By citizenkane

Moving this to General Discussion.

Avatar image for fireflys_locket
fireflys_locket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By fireflys_locket
@Tireyo643:
I really enjoyed your blog post. And I agree. I hate all the bashing that goes on in the gaming community. Why can't everyone respect each other's interests? I love things about all three consoles... but even if someone didn't, they should at least respect a difference of opinion. But unfortunately, there is just a lack of respect concerning most things now. *Sighs*
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ververdan0226
@Tireyo643:
Its admirable what you're trying to prove, and I'm glad that Giant Bomb, a somewhat small and respectful community of individuals, is generally free of bias and able to discuss videogames in a rational manner in a forum such as this. However, that's not always the case as there is a bunch of people who like a console better, like you with Nintendo Wii or myself with Sony Playstation, who always feel the need to validate themselves and will go to any lengths to prove to themselves that they are right because they feel the need to compensate for something. However unlike you and me, they refuse to do that in a logical and rational manner. I love Playstation more than Xbox, yet as I have stated before, it very well may be an equal or even slightly better platform than what I like, and I'm fine with that because I prefer the brand Playstation. Although I  may not, say, agree with your choice Nintendo, ( I like the Wii, but have many problems with it) I respect that because its your opinion and you are justified in saying it because Nintendo has always been a quality brand that puts out quality games. Its cool and fine that you prefer the system.

My point here is, even though I discussed bias and fanboyism in what I feel is a rational manner, most people refuse to let that happen because it is human nature for people to want other people to agree with them and feel superiotrity over others as a result of their opinions, even though others may not agree with that. Opinions are in the end, opinions, and I hate fanboyism and wish it was abolished so that people can get  back to talking about the merits of individual games, but that's not gonna happen.

We can discuss bias like this in an open forum without being a bunch of pricks, but you're gonna just have to accept that they're a bunch of ignorant twats on the Gametrailers, Gamespot, and IGN forums and that this probably never going to go away. As if I haven't stated this already, it just human nature to have opinions and biases, everybody does, but most can't discuss it in a rational manner like you and I.

P.S. Sorry if that post got a little redundant towards the end, I just poured it out in 10 minutes and I'm not going to go back and edit it.  :)
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SolemnOaf

Hey, the world is full of jerks and idiots.  I just do my best to try and fit in.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By dbz1995
@SolemnOaf said:
" TROLLING"
scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By scroll

Nice little article, shame the overly excited audience that this is directed at won't take notice.

It's nice to see some people would bother to discuss such topics rationally, I really hope this becomes a common trend!

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By C0V3RT

For what its worth - I prefer the 360 over the other consoles (i own all 3) but set my status on here to neutral to avoid being called a fanboy (it happened in a few of my earlier blogs) and to be taken more seriously.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dbz1995

Great post, dude.

Kaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kaspar

Nintendo fanboys are mostly okay. I mean, I haven't seen 'em doing anything ... superannoying. But what really gets on my nevres is the way Xbox and PS fanboys compete with eachother... everywhere.  Good thing is that they are mostly 12-year-olds who really don't know anyhing about the games they're bashing and therefore should be ignored. But then again, the ignorance just makes it worse.

Watch YouTube videos about PS/Xbox games. Look at the comments and you know what I mean.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tireyo

Wheww! That was a lot to read!

@fireflys_locket said:

" @Tireyo643: I really enjoyed your blog post. And I agree. I hate all the bashing that goes on in the gaming community. Why can't everyone respect each other's interests? I love things about all three consoles... but even if someone didn't, they should at least respect a difference of opinion. But unfortunately, there is just a lack of respect concerning most things now. *Sighs* "

It looks like you summarized my whole rant in just a small paragraph! Lol. And thanks! :D

@Godwind said:
" I'm sick of Wii bashing mostly.  I have no reason to hate the PS3 or Xbox360.  In fact, I am looking into getting one of those two systems.  There are so many games it offers that I am interested in.  Although I am leaning towards getting a PS3.  I picked up Metal Gear Solid collection for the PS1 and PS2.  "

I've seen that happen more lately, sadly.

@ververdan0226 said:
" @Tireyo643:
Its admirable what you're trying to prove, and I'm glad that Giant Bomb, a somewhat small and respectful community of individuals, is generally free of bias and able to discuss videogames in a rational manner in a forum such as this. However, that's not always the case as there is a bunch of people who like a console better, like you with Nintendo Wii or myself with Sony Playstation, who always feel the need to validate themselves and will go to any lengths to prove to themselves that they are right because they feel the need to compensate for something. However unlike you and me, they refuse to do that in a logical and rational manner. I love Playstation more than Xbox, yet as I have stated before, it very well may be an equal or even slightly better platform than what I like, and I'm fine with that because I prefer the brand Playstation. Although I  may not, say, agree with your choice Nintendo, ( I like the Wii, but have many problems with it) I respect that because its your opinion and you are justified in saying it because Nintendo has always been a quality brand that puts out quality games. Its cool and fine that you prefer the system.

My point here is, even though I discussed bias and fanboyism in what I feel is a rational manner, most people refuse to let that happen because it is human nature for people to want other people to agree with them and feel superiotrity over others as a result of their opinions, even though others may not agree with that. Opinions are in the end, opinions, and I hate fanboyism and wish it was abolished so that people can get  back to talking about the merits of individual games, but that's not gonna happen.

We can discuss bias like this in an open forum without being a bunch of pricks, but you're gonna just have to accept that they're a bunch of ignorant twats on the Gametrailers, Gamespot, and IGN forums and that this probably never going to go away. As if I haven't stated this already, it just human nature to have opinions and biases, everybody does, but most can't discuss it in a rational manner like you and I. P.S. Sorry if that post got a little redundant towards the end, I just poured it out in 10 minutes and I'm not going to go back and edit it.  :) "
Don't worry! I know what you mean! ;)

@Scroll said:
" Nice little article, shame the overly excited audience that this is directed at won't take notice.It's nice to see some people would bother to discuss such topics rationally, I really hope this becomes a common trend! "

It doesn't matter. At least someone is reading this!

@C0V3RT said:
" For what its worth - I prefer the 360 over the other consoles (i own all 3) but set my status on here to neutral to avoid being called a fanboy (it happened in a few of my earlier blogs) and to be taken more seriously. "

Don't be ashamed of what you like.  I can tell you straightforward that I'm a Nintendo fanboy, I have no shame in it, and I don't care if I'm called a fanboy.  Since you like Microsoft, then make it known that you do, and show that courtesy that I was talking about in the blog towards other companies/systems.  I think that you are wise though because you do own the 3 systems, and it could very much be considered nuetral. :)

@dbz1995 said:
" Great post, dude. "
Thanks! :D

@Kaspar said:
" Nintendo fanboys are mostly okay. I mean, I haven't seen 'em doing anything ... superannoying. But what really gets on my nevres is the way Xbox and PS fanboys compete with eachother... everywhere.  Good thing is that they are mostly 12-year-olds who really don't know anyhing about the games they're bashing and therefore should be ignored. But then again, the ignorance just makes it worse.Watch YouTube videos about PS/Xbox games. Look at the comments and you know what I mean. "

You haven't met my friend Claude have you? :D  He likes Nintendo, and a little while ago he posted a rant of his own!

Yeah, I seen those comments, and they are pretty bad.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#27  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Nice to see such a well-written blog on fanboy tendencies, and I think you did yourself a credit by rationally explaining why you enjoy Nintendo's systems more than the others.  Personally, I enjoy all three systems equally and for differing reasons.  I think if individuals limit themselves entirely to one console, and content themselves with ignorant bashing of other systems, it shows a severe lack of intelligence and maturity on their part.  And the attitude somewhat depresses me, because it's become all too common on the Internet to make fun of anything and everything.  Makes me wonder where our culture and our society are headed, if we can so easily just ignore all the rules of common decency and become such verbally abusive morons.

Anyways, great first blog, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your thoughts in the future.  Keep up the solid work.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tireyo
@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
" Nice to see such a well-written blog on fanboy tendencies, and I think you did yourself a credit by rationally explaining why you enjoy Nintendo's systems more than the others.  Personally, I enjoy all three systems equally and for differing reasons.  I think if individuals limit themselves entirely to one console, and content themselves with ignorant bashing of other systems, it shows a severe lack of intelligence and maturity on their part.  And the attitude somewhat depresses me, because it's become all too common on the Internet to make fun of anything and everything.  Makes me wonder where our culture and our society are headed, if we can so easily just ignore all the rules of common decency and become such verbally abusive morons.Anyways, great first blog, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your thoughts in the future.  Keep up the solid work. "
This isn't my first blog! This is just my first blog rant! :D  Thanks, and I do wonder the same thing on culture and society myself!
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#29  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
@Tireyo643: Whoops!  So sorry, misread that!  Hah!
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By FCKSNAP

Good views discussed here. I think it's all a matter of preference and opinion. What I don't like is when people try to pass off their views as fact. I myself would honestly love to own all systems, but everyone knows that takes money, so I've purchased the one I know I'll like the most games on (PS3), then move on to the next cheapest one (which apparently became 360), and I'll then move on to the remainder (Wii is SOON). And I've also been playing games on PC and handhelds all this time, though lately not that much, mostly the smaller bite-sized stuff.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iam3green

ha, i enjoy reading fanboys post. i find them really funny to read. people saying that the 360 sucks because of the red rings. red rings are big but other then that the games are great on that system.

i want a system wars board here so i can read them all. sometimes some of the topics make my day. i remember one fanboy saying that the 360 version of skate 2 is better then ps3 version because the ps3 version didn't  have lens flairs in the camera. i started laughing at that when i read that.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By jonnyboy

I love Fanboys! they make my day. Most of the stuff they come out with is just garbage, but some of their justifications are gold! Keep it up.

As a side note my friend recently asked me what my ideal job would be, without hesitation I said "Nintendo's Marketing Department", easiest job in the world. The "Fuck it, just slap Mario on it" business model will still be around long after we're all gone.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By birchman

A very good read. I must agree. Fanboyism is just way scary, I mean people, it's videogames. They're meant to be here for enjoyment, and if you don't like a console, just steer clear of it (Don't understand how you can "hate" a console though, all sounds a bit weird to me). I wouldn't ever buy a Wii myself, because I don't like motion controller and not many of the Wii games make me want to buy it. I know of course that there's an audience for the Wii (otherwise it wouldn't excist, would it?) but man, saying you hate the console is just odd. I, of course, do sometimes joke with persons that have PS3's or Wii's, saying the X360 is the way to go, but I'd never say it in any serious manner.

Other then that, congratulations on your 1000 points! Freedom begins now, hehe.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By c1337us

Congrats on all those wiki points.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Bigandtasty

Yeah it's sad to what lengths people will go to defend/attack a bunch of different companies for no real reason.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tireyo
@iam3green said:
" ha, i enjoy reading fanboys post. i find them really funny to read. people saying that the 360 sucks because of the red rings. red rings are big but other then that the games are great on that system. i want a system wars board here so i can read them all. sometimes some of the topics make my day. i remember one fanboy saying that the 360 version of skate 2 is better then ps3 version because the ps3 version didn't  have lens flairs in the camera. i started laughing at that when i read that. "
The red rings are bad though aren't they?  I know several people that has had them, and couldn't play their 360 in weeks.

@jonnyboy said:
" I love Fanboys! they make my day. Most of the stuff they come out with is just garbage, but some of their justifications are gold! Keep it up.As a side note my friend recently asked me what my ideal job would be, without hesitation I said "Nintendo's Marketing Department", easiest job in the world. The "Fuck it, just slap Mario on it" business model will still be around long after we're all gone. "
LOL! I don't think that will ever happen though, and if it does I don't want to be around! :D

@c1337us said:
" Congrats on all those wiki points. "
Thanks! I'm up to 3,085 points now actually, but I'm really going to give the wiki's a rest now because my hands are killing me!
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Optiow

I have 6 points...
But good work on the Wiki stuff, and as for the fanboys...what can you do eh? they are going to be around weather we want them here or not.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tireyo
@Optiow said:
" I have 6 points...But good work on the Wiki stuff, and as for the fanboys...what can you do eh? they are going to be around weather we want them here or not. "
I guess it's people like us that need to put them back in there place! lol. And thanks.

Also, I'm sure you'll get more points!
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By jakob187

There are a good amount of fanboys that I've found on here which (and I'm sure they know this) piss me off beyond belief with their lack of ability to understand anything past their favorite system.  With that said, it's going to happen and the chances of you or anyone else changing their attitude or mind is slim to none.  *le sigh*

As for the Wiki stuff, grats.  The Oddworld page is looking good.  Keep up the work on that, as the Oddworld franchise absolutely deserves great Wiki pages.  Personally, I'm close to 5,000 points right now...but I've been swamped with work and such.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tireyo
@jakob187 said:
" There are a good amount of fanboys that I've found on here which (and I'm sure they know this) piss me off beyond belief with their lack of ability to understand anything past their favorite system.  With that said, it's going to happen and the chances of you or anyone else changing their attitude or mind is slim to none.  *le sigh*

As for the Wiki stuff, grats.  The Oddworld page is looking good.  Keep up the work on that, as the Oddworld franchise absolutely deserves great Wiki pages.  Personally, I'm close to 5,000 points right now...but I've been swamped with work and such.
"
:D I know.

And thanks!  I'm glad that you noticed that Oddworld page.  It took me hours to do, but it was worth it.  We all set our priorities first before we do the things we want to do!  Well, most do that anyway I think.....
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By Sabata

I completely disagree with your opinion on fanboys; I'd say they're a very big problem in the gaming community, mostly because they're all annoying cunts.  The ones who aren't aren't really "fanboys."  They're just fans.  You strike me as more of a fan.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheDoorman

Fanboys are everywhere.
And gratz on the wiki points.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tireyo

@Sabata

Ok.

@TheDoorman said:

" Fanboys are everywhere.And gratz on the wiki points. "
Thanks!

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HAMMERCLAW
@NoXious: I'm sure most modern PCs can out perform EITHER console.  Sony and MS crippled their consoles by not having the option to upgrade RAM.
BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

Clearly you haven't played Sonic Unleashed on the PS3 and Wii, because they really are almost completely different games. They have the same name, similar mechanics and follow the same storyline, but they are basically unrelated after that. So, yes, it's very possible to say that the PS3/360 version of the game is better than the Wii version in the same way you can say that the PS3/360 version of Assassin's Creed is better than the DS version.

So yeah, bad game to use as an example. :p
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

This blog post came off as an "After School Special" to me.  What the fuck do you care if somebody else bashes a system?  Maybe some of us don't like being lectured to. Ever think of that?

That being said, I look forward to the day that Sorny has to announce its discontinuance of the PS3. Or better still, that it exits the American market (like some Japanese car companies are doing).  The look on the cows faces will be priceless. 

I guess the Wii is great for people that like Mario Kart or Donkey Kong Babies or whatever. If that's what you like, knock yourself out. Although I dare say I won't think very highly of you & the kiddie games.

samman6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By samman6

fanboys are stupid and irrational i know that mentally you need to justify your purchase, but every true gamer likes good games no matter what system 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tireyo
@BlazeHedgehog said:
"
Clearly you haven't played Sonic Unleashed on the PS3 and Wii, because they really are almost completely different games. They have the same name, similar mechanics and follow the same storyline, but they are basically unrelated after that. So, yes, it's very possible to say that the PS3/360 version of the game is better than the Wii version in the same way you can say that the PS3/360 version of Assassin's Creed is better than the DS version. So yeah, bad game to use as an example. :p "
Well, no I haven't played Sonic Unleashed.  When I saw the trailers of the game, it all just looked the same to me.  Thanks for pointing that out I guess, because I really didn't know that there were differences.

@samman6 said:
" fanboys are stupid and irrational i know that mentally you need to justify your purchase, but every true gamer likes good games no matter what system  "

Nicely put.

@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" This blog post came off as an "After School Special" to me.  What the fuck do you care if somebody else bashes a system?  Maybe some of us don't like being lectured to. Ever think of that?That being said, I look forward to the day that Sorny has to announce its discontinuance of the PS3. Or better still, that it exits the American market (like some Japanese car companies are doing).  The look on the cows faces will be priceless.  I guess the Wii is great for people that like Mario Kart or Donkey Kong Babies or whatever. If that's what you like, knock yourself out. Although I dare say I won't think very highly of you & the kiddie games. "

Whatever. :/
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#49  Edited By natetodamax

Most of the examples you brought up seem to be more of blatant ignorance rather than selfishness.

LightGaia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LightGaia

Sonic Unleashed is very different on PS3/360 than it is on Wii/PS2. The Wii/PS2 version has a lot of cut content. It's perfectly natural for people to accuse it as being the weaker version. However, many reviews claim the Wii/PS2 version is better. It boils down to a matter of opnion.