I'm sorry I'm beating a dead horse... I miss the Endurance Run :(

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jack_daniels

Yeah, as the title says. That was a pretty big chunk of what got me tuning in everyday. Is there any news of a new one? Anything?

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By beej

Oh man I don't envy you right now. Brace for impact sir. 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

I can do without. These guys have a lot more to do nowadays anyway. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

This thread will not end well. 

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I still haven't even watched the endurance runs. I don't think I can get through 80+ hours of P4.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By WickedCestus

Y'know, I completely agree. I get more out of an Endurance Run than having them talk about events.
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By N7
@MooseyMcMan said:
" This thread will not end well.  "
What? Do people not like the Endurance Run? Or did the Giant Bomb crew say that there'd be no more or something?
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By keyhunter

If you like endurance runs so much, get really drunk or do a bunch of drugs, and then see how long you can endure nailing a chick at half mast without lubrication meanwhile cracking jokes and making commentary. That's the only endurance run fan made endurance run I think I'd watch without getting angry.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

I wish they would do another one too, but it can't be forced. It needs to be the right game at the right time. Honestly though, I just miss knowing that there would always be video content every day and not hit or miss.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By kishan6
@Jack_Daniels: Ya i think its about time that the community complains to such an extent that the crew is forced to do another one
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeeGee
@N7:  Jeff said there will probably never be another endurance run, Ryan said that the more people ask the less they want to do it ... chances are slim.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sameeeeam
@N7 said:

" @MooseyMcMan said:

What? Do people not like the Endurance Run? Or did the Giant Bomb crew say that there'd be no more or something? "
No, it's just that this question has been asked so many times that everyone just gets really irritated whenever it pops up again. Even the GB staff members have said that every single time someone brings this up it lessens their desire to do another ER.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zeforgotten

It's better to beat a dead horse than a horse that's alive. 
Unless you're into that kind of stuff, of course.  

I don't really miss the Endurance Run that much. They were great, sure but youtube is filled with them. 
To me "Endurance Run" is just a slow way of saying "Let's Play" 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@Underachiever007 said:
" @N7 said:

" @MooseyMcMan said:

What? Do people not like the Endurance Run? Or did the Giant Bomb crew say that there'd be no more or something? "
No, it's just that this question has been asked so many times that everyone just gets really irritated whenever it pops up again. Even the GB taff members have said that every single time someone brings this up it lessens their desire to do another ER. "
Exactly. The GB crew has made their opinion on future ERs well known. Personally I would love there to be another ER, but asking for it and starting threads about it does not help. In fact, even me saying this will likely get someone to scold me! 
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By N7

Well that makes sense then. Thanks for the replies.

I loved the Persona 4 ER a lot. It was good fun, especially since Vinny and Jeff are so perfectly funny together, but I wouldn't want them to force it. It would end up ruining it if they didn't want to play something.

Sometimes we just need to let things be.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Underachiever007 said:
" @N7 said:

" @MooseyMcMan said:

No, it's just that this question has been asked so many times that everyone just gets really irritated whenever it pops up again. Even the GB taff members have said that every single time someone brings this up it lessens their desire to do another ER. "
Exactly. The GB crew has made their opinion on future ERs well known. Personally I would love there to be another ER, but asking for it and starting threads about it does not help. In fact, even me saying this will likely get someone to scold me!  "
IT'S YOUR FAULT THEY WON'T DO ONE! 
You kinda, sorta, asked for it! And Ryan said th more people ask the less they feel like doing one!  

So again, your fault and yours alone! 
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lemoncookie01
@ZeForgotten said:
" It's better to beat a dead horse than a horse that's alive. Unless you're into that kind of stuff, of course.   I don't really miss the Endurance Run that much. They were great, sure but youtube is filled with them. To me "Endurance Run" is just a slow way of saying "Let's Play"  "
I'm always into beating dead horses.
Always
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mutha3

I hate ER request threads as much as the next guy, but the OP is just saying he misses the feature.No need to jump at his throat over that.

@StaticFalconar said:

" I can do without. These guys have a lot more to do nowadays anyway.  "

Though the ER request are annoying, I can't deny that thus far, its pretty much the best video feature on the site. Nothing really compares. 

I don't think I want to see a new ER after ER2, though. Not because of the game, but because they were really annoying in those videos.

@ZeForgotten

said:

" It's better to beat a dead horse than a horse that's alive. Unless you're into that kind of stuff, of course.   I don't really miss the Endurance Run that much. They were great, sure but youtube is filled with them. To me "Endurance Run" is just a slow way of saying "Let's Play"  "

Yeah, only difference is the lets plays on youtube have horrible excuses of human beings talking on and on about shit nobody cares about.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I really miss the Endurance Run as well, in fact I thought the Persona 4 Endurance Run was amazing and I loved getting home every day and waiting for the new episode, and it would drive me crazy waiting for the new episodes over the weekends. That being said the idea of a new Endurance Run has been brought up repeatedly on the forums before and the Giant Bomb crew have said definitively that there will not be another Endurance Run.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FengShuiGod

I would at least like some feature, even if it is short lived. Not necessarily an Endurance Run, but there is no Tang, no anything going on right now other than quick looks. I know the guys are busy, and I don't feel entitled to anything, I just wouldn't mind if there was a little something else they were doing.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeforgotten
@mutha3 said:
"

@ZeForgotten

said:

Yeah, only difference is the lets plays on youtube have horrible excuses of human beings talking on and on about shit nobody cares about. "
Don't see how that makes them horrible excuses of human beings but the ones I'm watching have interesting stuff to talk about and know a lot about the games they're playing. And if it's their first time playing the game they research a little bit so they know what type of game they're playing and they give their general thoughts about the game as they go which is interesting.  
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By beforet

A new ER becomes an increasingly unlikely possibility. It might do you good to find another Let's Play.  http://lparchive.org/  Is a pretty good source, and Something Awful has plenty of LP in progress(Edit: and some are actually decent). I would recommend checking out The Dark ID's stuff. It's text and screenshots, but he still manages to be pretty humorous.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FengShuiGod
@mutha3 said:

Yeah, only difference is the lets plays on youtube have horrible excuses of human beings talking on and on about shit nobody cares about. "
Huh, kinda sounds like the ERs. BU DUM TISSS

*grabs flame shield*
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@ZeForgotten said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" @N7 said:

" @MooseyMcMan said:

Exactly. The GB crew has made their opinion on future ERs well known. Personally I would love there to be another ER, but asking for it and starting threads about it does not help. In fact, even me saying this will likely get someone to scold me!  "
IT'S YOUR FAULT THEY WON'T DO ONE! You kinda, sorta, asked for it! And Ryan said th more people ask the less they feel like doing one!   So again, your fault and yours alone!  "
AHA! Knew it! ;)
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mutha3
@FengShuiGod said:
" @mutha3 said:

Huh, kinda sounds like the ERs. BU DUM TISSS   *grabs flame shield* "
C'mon you can't troll after making a positive comment 4 posts prior!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b65b74e68e3e
deactivated-5b65b74e68e3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the right game comes along, I'm sure there will be another one. I enjoy the TNTs, I just wish they'd mix it up a little more.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By Yummylee

Meh. There's many more smaller features that I miss over the ER, like TANG, and I'm still waiting on the next episode for Rorcraft, dammit!!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zeforgotten
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" @N7 said:

" @MooseyMcMan said:

IT'S YOUR FAULT THEY WON'T DO ONE! You kinda, sorta, asked for it! And Ryan said th more people ask the less they feel like doing one!   So again, your fault and yours alone!  "
AHA! Knew it! ;) "
At least that was a mild scolding compared to some of the ER whores out there. 
Some of those people can go nuts when people mention it because they feel like people are trying to kill the Endurance Runs for good just by saying it's name. I guess it's not the worst thing I've seen people go batshit insane over though
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GreggD
@rudeboy217: You'd be surprised. I got through it in about a month.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mutha3
@CannibalFerox said:

" When the right game comes along, I'm sure there will be another one. I enjoy the TNTs, I just wish they'd mix it up a little more. "

A new video feature like Tang, ER, TNT etc would be very welcome at this point yeah.

Man....the ER was "a thing" once, huh? Can't believe its really been two years. I remember coming home to that shit

Shit now I'm being all nostalgic.
 Edit:
@RockinKemosabe said:
" I guess it sort depends on how dull summer will be games-wise after E3. Maybe that'll be the time for it and have it wrapped up before September when the more anticipated games start coming out again. "

I don't think a torrent of new releases is what's holding them back going by what they said.
rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rockinkemosabe

I guess it sort depends on how dull summer will be games-wise after E3. Maybe that'll be the time for it and have it wrapped up before September when the more anticipated games start coming out again.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lautaro

I don't even watch ERs, I still don't understand the staffs reluctance to make them though. The notion that asking if they are going to do another one deters them from doing it seems silly to me. The fact that they get annoyed that people LIKE this feature enough to ask is weird to me. To each their own I suppose.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mutha3
@Lautaro said:
" I don't even watch ERs, I still don't understand the staffs reluctance to make them though. The notion that asking if they are going to do another one deters them from doing it seems silly to me. The fact that they get annoyed that people LIKE this feature enough to ask is weird to me. To each their own I suppose. "
2 years.

10000 threads requesting an endurance run for every game in existance. No matter how dull the game(there were people seriously asking for a World of Warcraft ER. Think about that.)

For well over a year every single video had 10+ people saying "NEXT ENDURANCE RUN!?!"no matter how dull the game.

Probably countless emails Ryan had to shift through requesting this.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34  Edited By Cube

I wish they would take a solid yes or no on the ER. 

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Brendan

It won't happen, as has been stated many times over several months for about a year now.  

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vigil80
@Jack_Daniels said:
" Yeah, as the title says. That was a pretty big chunk of what got me tuning in everyday.
Solidarity, duder. I greatly enjoyed them, too.

Just have to wait patiently. Begging and screaming won't do it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FengShuiGod said:
" I would at least like some feature, even if it is short lived. Not necessarily an Endurance Run, but there is no Tang, no anything going on right now other than quick looks. I know the guys are busy, and I don't feel entitled to anything, I just wouldn't mind if there was a little something else they were doing. "
I doubt it's because they're 'busy'. They were busy then to. I guess they just like changing things up and once in awhile they go back and do something like they did in the olden days.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brendan said:
" It won't happen, as has been stated many times over several months for about a year now.   "
Things change, bro ham.
FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FengShuiGod
@Cube said:
" I wish they would take a solid yes or no on the ER.  "
If they really hate all the inquisition so much, as solid FUCK NO certainly would quiet the crowd. And they could always start another one anyways. Instead they are ambiguous about the whole thing. They seem to have an attitude of too cool and disgusted for another ER, yet they can't bring themselves to close the door of the tomb. This just fuels more speculation, which they seem to hate. I don't get it.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mutha3

Actually, now that I think about it, the Giant Bomb staff themselves are very much to blame for the fan reaction to the Endurance Run.

Instead of mentioning  their stance on it in scatter-shot 2 minute bombcast moments and on  obscure Q&A site, they should really just write an article when it comes to this sort of stuff posted on the front page.  Just make an article, put it on the frontpage, speak your mind on it, and I'm sure the request would stop coming in.
 EDIT:
@FengShuiGod said:

" @Cube said:

If they really hate all the inquisition so much, as solid FUCK NO certainly would quiet the crowd. And they could always start another one anyways. Instead they are ambiguous about the whole thing. They seem to have an attitude of too cool and disgusted for another ER, yet they can't bring themselves to close the door of the tomb. This just fuels more speculation, which they seem to hate. I don't get it. "

Haha, we happen to say sort of the same thing at  the same time.

They kinda did say"we'll probably never do another one again" but I can't blame you for not knowing.
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By FinalDasa

Yeah I miss it too.  
But nothing will bring it back really, its fun to rewatch some of the better episodes just like the old videos from the old office are fun to watch. 
Maybe one day Jeff will dig up an old playstation RPG and another one will be born.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By N7
@EveretteScott said:
" @FengShuiGod said:
" I would at least like some feature, even if it is short lived. Not necessarily an Endurance Run, but there is no Tang, no anything going on right now other than quick looks. I know the guys are busy, and I don't feel entitled to anything, I just wouldn't mind if there was a little something else they were doing. "
I doubt it's because they're 'busy'. They were busy then to. I guess they just like changing things up and once in awhile they go back and do something like they did in the olden days. "
I think they just had too much going on at once and got burned out, so they're taking a big and long break until they feel the desire to continue.

Although, TANG definitely has a time-limit on how long it can go. I mean, there really aren't that many video-game based movies. They're going to run out eventually. So they've got to space 'em out and really work hard on every single one of them, because any one of them could be the last.

I mean, think of what it would be like at Giant Bomb if TANG and the Endurance Run came back. You've got TNT, Happy Hour, TANG, the Endurance Run, and not to mention QL's and anything else they might think up. I don't think they'd be able to endure that run.
Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vigil80

In fairness, they say a lot of things. They said they'd stop covering WiiWare and DSiWare. And now we have the superlative NDX.

They can say no all they want if it means something even better will rise up to take it's place. :D

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Brendan
@EveretteScott said:
" @Brendan said:
" It won't happen, as has been stated many times over several months for about a year now.   "
Things change, bro ham. "
Not for a long while they won't, if the constant confirmations of this fact have had any meaning.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By Afroman269

uhh so where's this horse? i brought this really big sledgehammer.....where is it?!

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FengShuiGod
@mutha3 said:
" Actually, now that I think about it, the Giant Bomb staff themselves are very much to blame for the fan reaction to the Endurance Run.

Instead of mentioning  their stance on it in scatter-shot 2 minute bombcast moments and on  obscure Q&A site, they should really just write an article when it comes to this sort of stuff posted on the front page.  Just make an article, put it on the frontpage, speak your mind on it, and I'm sure the request would stop coming in.
 EDIT:
@FengShuiGod said:

" @Cube said:

If they really hate all the inquisition so much, as solid FUCK NO certainly would quiet the crowd. And they could always start another one anyways. Instead they are ambiguous about the whole thing. They seem to have an attitude of too cool and disgusted for another ER, yet they can't bring themselves to close the door of the tomb. This just fuels more speculation, which they seem to hate. I don't get it. "
Haha, we happen to say sort of the same thing at  the same time.  They kinda did say"we'll probably never do another one again" but I can't blame you for not knowing. "
Ha, I didn't know that, but kinda saying "We'll PROBABLY never do another one again" isn't exactly the thing to say if they want the constant questions to stop. I don't know what the specifics of what they said were, but then again I'm not someone begging for another ER. But I think if they gave a definitive NO and stickied it for awhile people would talk about the next ER less.
jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jayjonesjunior
@Lautaro said:

" I don't even watch ERs, I still don't understand the staffs reluctance to make them though. The notion that asking if they are going to do another one deters them from doing it seems silly to me. The fact that they get annoyed that people LIKE this feature enough to ask is weird to me. To each their own I suppose. "

i guess ER was their thing, they did it for fun, and the community took it and turned into an obligation.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I miss it because the P4 Endurance Run was what originally brought me to Giant Bomb and video game news sites in general.

the_korben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_korben

To all the people saying everyone should stop asking about an ER, there is one thing to set straight: a substantial amount of people are now actually paying for the contents on this (and other WM) sites. Don't get me wrong. There is no reason to be an ass and spam the forums with unwanted topics, and there is certainly no reason to harass the WM staff about things they don't want to hear about. However, there equally is no reason why paying members shouldn't be able to ask for the status of one of the landmark features of the website they are supporting throughout the year. If I based my renewed membership on the possibility of supporting an ER in the fall, I would like to know whether it's actually going to happen before signing up for a yearly subscription. 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By cornbredx

Ryan said, with no uncertain terms, on an off the cuff happy hour episode that they will NOT be doing another ER.

Whether or not that's true, I don't know. I'd rather a game come out that was worth it than them do another one just because people want them to. It won't be funny if the game isn't of a certain quality (an intangible that I can't quite put my finger on).

It was bad enough Brad wouldn't have any fun with it and just whined the whole time (during the DP ER)- if they do another I'd prefer they want to do it so it's enjoyable and not a constant stream of how much they hate playing the game and it end up feeling rushed (in defense of Ryan and Brad's ER of DP, Ryan did try to have fun with it even though Brad was dragging tail- not to harp on Brad, hes cool, but I guess having fun with cheesy stuff isn't his thing).

If they have no passion for that anymore they really should never do another one.