im thinking of getting a wii should i ???

• 82 results
ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ryoma122

i no its been out a wile since it came out and i had a chance to get it and i turned it down 
but some stuff happened in the last couple of days and now im swaying but since i only 
want a handfull of games for it im not sure if its realy worth buying

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

if you can afford it and still play all the games you want, go for it.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

i had one, and after not using it for almost 2 years, i gave it to a friend's son for christmas. Thats all i can say about it

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FartyMcNarly

SOME STUFF HAPPENED?!?! OH MY JESUS FUCK!!!111!!!!

It's your money, you can shit on a pile of your money and burn it if you think the entertainment value is worth the price.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Venatio

No, please, don't get one 

This coming from a previous Wii owner

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryoma122

well thank you every one you have answered my question

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

If you're asking, probably not.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

No.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

Get it, it has some decent games. Sure, it has crap games, too, but don't all consoles have crap games? Just use basic judgment and avoid listening to other gamers. Except me. Because I'm the King.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Wolverine

No, there only really fun if you have a lot of people over all of the time or your eight.

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ignor
@Wolverine said:
" No, there only really fun if you have a lot of people over all of the time or your eight. "
That was uncalled for.
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By JonathanMoore

If there's any year to get a Nintendo Wii, this may be the year. I mean not only do you have a catalogue of games to go back to play, you can also play the new Metroid game this year, new Zelda, new Mario, Mega Man 10 and other such multiplatform games too... Mickeys Epic Adventure or whatever too man, it would be a good move.

PolyesterPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PolyesterPimp

Waste of money so far. The future isn't looking bad but I'd wait for the holidays get someone else to buy it for you.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By dbz1995

Dude, if you have the money, get it. Later on it'll be sporting some good games.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By oldschool

Just the same shite I have come to expect from the Dildo Factory of Wii Haters.  Seriously guys, you really need to grow up, but I am guessing you know that already and enjoy wallowing in your 2nd grade intellect.

Of course get one if you can afford it, just as I got a 360 despite the fact that it is as boring as hell and hardly gets any use due to the utterly generic nature of the games.  At least it won't RRoD.  See, I can do it to.  I do hardly ever play my 360, but it is still worth having as every now and again, something comes along I want to play.  The same thing goes for the Wii even if you are a generic shooter fan.  All the wonderful Nintendo franchises, plus games like Murumasa, House of Dead, Dead Space Extraction, Trauma Centre and plenty of others.  Hell, the Wii is worth owning for Fire Emblem alone.  All game systems are worth owning if you can afford it - even the PSP.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Meowayne
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17  Edited By Geno

If it's your first console - no; the quantity of good games on the Wii is fairly small (cue Wii fanboy to list a number of mediocre games), you are much more likely going to find something you'll enjoy with a PS3 or 360. If you already own one of those two (or a gaming PC), the Wii makes for a good alternative depending on your tastes. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iam3green

no, if u have another system. i have found that my friend's was being a paper weight until he sold it to someone he knew. it is only fun if u have friends over to play it also.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By callumbay

I would say it's worth having if you've got the spare money for a fair few games, such as Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Boy and his Blob, Zack and Wiki, MadWorld, No More Heroes, Dead Space: Extraction, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Little King's Story, Super Mario Bros. Wii, Fire Emblem, and ofcourse Just Dance, But I find that I use my PS3/360 a lot more than my Wii, and it goes through extended periods of no use. But if you've got the money to spare, I say go for it, there's plenty of quality titles that are worth checking out.  

EDIT: There's also lots of good games coming out in the future... I can only think of a few at the moment though. Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, and the new Zelda Wii title. As well as third party games like Monster Hunter Tri, Epic Mickey and Red Steel 2. There are also lots of ports of outstanding games like Okami and Resident Evil 4.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rhaknar
@oldschool said:
" Just the same shite I have come to expect from the Dildo Factory of Wii Haters.  Seriously guys, you really need to grow up, but I am guessing you know that already and enjoy wallowing in your 2nd grade intellect. Of course get one if you can afford it, just as I got a 360 despite the fact that it is as boring as hell and hardly gets any use due to the utterly generic nature of the games.  At least it won't RRoD.  See, I can do it to.  I do hardly ever play my 360, but it is still worth having as every now and again, something comes along I want to play.  The same thing goes for the Wii even if you are a generic shooter fan.  All the wonderful Nintendo franchises, plus games like Murumasa, House of Dead, Dead Space Extraction, Trauma Centre and plenty of others.  Hell, the Wii is worth owning for Fire Emblem alone.  All game systems are worth owning if you can afford it - even the PSP. "
you go on a rampage against "wii haters", and then you use games like house of the dead and dead space extraction to defend it...
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Definitely if you have got a bit of spare money. It is worth it, and you can have a great laugh with friends and family, if you get the whole group together. I'm surprised that both my parents absolutely love Wii Fit, and Wii Sports. Gets very competitive in my house :) Graphics are not amazing, but fairly sweet. But if you want graphics, go for the PS3 or XBOX 360. Wii is all about fun.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Skytylz
@oldschool: You changed my  mind, ryoma don't get one.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By rjayb89

Depends what games you want for it, really, just like with any other console.  I was always fascinated with getting a GameCube but I never got one because there was only one game I ever wanted for it (Paper Mario: THE ONE BILLION YEARS OLD DOOR).  Don't base your decision on one game, look at the games it has now and will and determine whether you should get it not, bro.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eclipsesis

I say get one Super Mario Galaxy is awesome and looks better than most of this next gen grey/brown shit that dev's release, Metriod Other M is going to be insane, thanks to Team Ninja (the old studio was good as well), Super Mario Galaxy 2 even more awesomeness. No more Heroes 1 + 2 is to me one of the most refreshing franchises to play, Zelda Twilight princes is very good at times a bit lack luster though, another Zelda is sure to be announced at this years E3 maybe TGS. Monster Hunter tri is very good. The new Silent Hill game Shattered Memories is supposed to be rather great, i haven't got round to it yet.

When asking if you should get a new console, i would single out anyones that says they only have a 360 or PS3 and completely disregard anything they say. You will be all the better for it FYI i have about 20 working home consoles I'm no Fanboy.    

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By guiseppe

I'd say no. That handful of worthy games will be played and then they'll gather dust along with the system itself. At least that was the case for me, the only reason I keep it is because I want to play RE4 every now and then.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oldschool
@Rhaknar said:
" @oldschool said:
" Just the same shite I have come to expect from the Dildo Factory of Wii Haters.  Seriously guys, you really need to grow up, but I am guessing you know that already and enjoy wallowing in your 2nd grade intellect. Of course get one if you can afford it, just as I got a 360 despite the fact that it is as boring as hell and hardly gets any use due to the utterly generic nature of the games.  At least it won't RRoD.  See, I can do it to.  I do hardly ever play my 360, but it is still worth having as every now and again, something comes along I want to play.  The same thing goes for the Wii even if you are a generic shooter fan.  All the wonderful Nintendo franchises, plus games like Murumasa, House of Dead, Dead Space Extraction, Trauma Centre and plenty of others.  Hell, the Wii is worth owning for Fire Emblem alone.  All game systems are worth owning if you can afford it - even the PSP. "
you go on a rampage against "wii haters", and then you use games like house of the dead and dead space extraction to defend it... "
Well, when a thread gets polluted with ignorant shite, what do you expect?  All consoles are worth owning and those who say otherwise are ignorant.  How many games you will enjoy will vary according to the user, but denying the fun of a console is STUPID.  As for the games, have you played them?  I have and thoroughly enjoyed them, especially HoD:O.  If you have and didn't enjoy them, it still doesn't make them bad.  I enjoyed HoD:O more than Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Halo 3, GTA IV and Resident Evil 5 combined.  Enjoyment is a truly individual experience and there is no wrong.  To just blanket tell someone not to get a Wii is ignorance of the highest level and those are the worst I refer to.
Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Liminality

No...

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Meowayne
@Rhaknar said:
" @oldschool said:
you go on a rampage against "wii haters", and then you use games like house of the dead and dead space extraction to defend it... "
Have you played them?
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By guiseppe
@oldschool said:
 To just blanket tell someone not to get a Wii is ignorance of the highest level and those are the worst I refer to. "

But then again, he's asking us for our opinion on the matter, and that's what he is being given.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Geno
@oldschool said:

Enjoyment is a truly individual experience

Exactly. You seem to always use your personal view as to why the Wii is a great for other people. This thread isn't about what games you enjoy, it's about what games a prospective console buyer may enjoy. Sure, he may enjoy the games you listed, but the sheer quality and quantity of games on the 360 and PS3, along with objective graphical and online superiority, makes it much more likely he will enjoy those more. It would be deceiving to recommend a console from which the industry has lamented for not releasing any major titles in a long while, and from which many third party publishers are running from. It's perfectly fine for you to enjoy the games on the Wii, but to use your strictly personal opinion to argue something, well that's ignorant. 
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By teptom
 @Meowayne said:

" This. "

This is very simple to answer:

If a lot of the games on this list above seem to interest you and are up to your tastes, I would get it. If not, I wouldn't.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rhaknar
@Meowayne said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" @oldschool said:
Have you played them? "
only house of the dead, which was cool in a grindhouse kind of way...but so is Wet, and i wouldnt use that to defend the 360/ps3. And its a freaking lightgun game, more power to you if you like those games but...yeah, if that is your definition of a system seller, theres not much I can argue with. I dont "hate" the wii, but i dont think its worth the money which was the initial question (it does cost money to buy one by the way, for the dude saying OMG YOURE IGNORANT FOR SAYING YOU SHOULDNT BUY ONE).
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ignor

Everyone keeps saying 'no', so I'm gonna say 'YES'!

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Yes. You should own all of the systems.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Meowayne

No, if you've played them that's okay. I consider Dead Space: Extraction to be superior to the first game in many ways, arcade shooter or not. 

And I consider the experience I had with HotD: Overkill in 2-player mode, both equipped with HotD hand guns to be a definite system seller, and I am a multiplat user.

I wouldn't necessarily have listed HotD in my argument because its not a quality game in many ways, but Dead Space: E? Definitely.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oldschool
@guiseppe said:
" @oldschool said:
 To just blanket tell someone not to get a Wii is ignorance of the highest level and those are the worst I refer to. "
 But then again, he's asking us for our opinion on the matter, and that's what he is being given. "
It doesn't excuse stupidity and ignorance.  This is an example of a good reply that still says no: 
@guiseppe said:
" I'd say no. That handful of worthy games will be played and then they'll gather dust along with the system itself. At least that was the case for me, the only reason I keep it is because I want to play RE4 every now and then. "  
 Wow, it was by you.  I am talking about the true haters who think they are cool when they are just talking stupidly. 

@Geno said:
" @oldschool said:
Exactly. You seem to always use your personal view as to why the Wii is a great for other people. This thread isn't about what games you enjoy, it's about what games a prospective console buyer may enjoy. Sure, he may enjoy the games you listed, but the sheer quality and quantity of games on the 360 and PS3, along with objective graphical and online superiority, makes it much more likely he will enjoy those more. It would be deceiving to recommend a console from which the industry has lamented for not releasing any major titles in a long while, and from which many third party publishers are running from. It's perfectly fine for you to enjoy the games on the Wii, but to use your strictly personal opinion to argue something, well that's ignorant.  "
No, your comment is ignorant.  I didn't state that he would enjoy any game.  I said that all consoles have games worth playing.  I only mention Fire Emblem in fun as it is my favourite franchise.  I don't use my personal opinion to state that the Wii is great, I use it to state that I enjoy it more than others.  In a thread yesterday a guy asked, as a PC user, whether to get a 360 or PS3.  I didn't even mention the Wii and recommended the PS3 for a point of difference.  If what you say is true, then I would have grasped the opportunity to push the Wii barrow.  You have a great history of missing the point and deviating into some pissing contest about how you are always right.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By Claude

Hellz to ballz yes, I love my goddamn Wii and maybe, just maybe... you're just like me. I want them all, and I want them now.

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By DevWil

it's hard to say, honestly. 

i bought a wii last summer and i'm glad i have it but i haven't used it much.  most of my gaming time is spent on my 360. 

it's a unique system, for better or worse. 

let's be honest: mostly worse. 

there are a few good games for Wii and a lot of really dumb ones.  the virtual console was one of the main reasons i wanted the wii, but...honestly...why pay nintendo $8 for a genesis ROM? 

if online multiplayer is important to you, you'll probably hate the wii.  if you really like nintendo's first-party games, you'll probably love the wii. 

it kind of depends on what you want out of games you play and which systems you already have.  if you want nintendo games and unusual controls, i think i'd recommend a DS over a Wii.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Synthballs

I'd say get one. I've said it countless times, I really enjoy my 360 but when I sit down and play a game on my Wii I find them to be the greatest games in the world and have more fun with them then anything else.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By oldschool
@Rhaknar said:
" @Meowayne said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" @oldschool said:
Have you played them? "
only house of the dead, which was cool in a grindhouse kind of way...but so is Wet, and i wouldnt use that to defend the 360/ps3. And its a freaking lightgun game, more power to you if you like those games but...yeah, if that is your definition of a system seller, theres not much I can argue with. I dont "hate" the wii, but i dont think its worth the money which was the initial question (it does cost money to buy one by the way, for the dude saying OMG YOURE IGNORANT FOR SAYING YOU SHOULDNT BUY ONE). "
I said you should buy every system you can afford.  Even then, you buy in the order of most likely entertainment value.  It is ignorant to just say "don't buy one, it's just crap" et cetera.  I don't consider any console to have a "console seller".  They all have an eventual body of work that will get you to buy (for me, the PS3 is almost there).  I certainly wouldn't say that the Wii has a single "must have" game.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Geno
@oldschool said:

@Geno said:

" @oldschool said:
Exactly. You seem to always use your personal view as to why the Wii is a great for other people. This thread isn't about what games you enjoy, it's about what games a prospective console buyer may enjoy. Sure, he may enjoy the games you listed, but the sheer quality and quantity of games on the 360 and PS3, along with objective graphical and online superiority, makes it much more likely he will enjoy those more. It would be deceiving to recommend a console from which the industry has lamented for not releasing any major titles in a long while, and from which many third party publishers are running from. It's perfectly fine for you to enjoy the games on the Wii, but to use your strictly personal opinion to argue something, well that's ignorant.  "
No, your comment is ignorant.  I didn't state that he would enjoy any game.  I said that all consoles have games worth playing.  I only mention Fire Emblem in fun as it is my favourite franchise.  I don't use my personal opinion to state that the Wii is great, I use it to state that I enjoy it more than others.  In a thread yesterday a guy asked, as a PC user, whether to get a 360 or PS3.  I didn't even mention the Wii and recommended the PS3 for a point of difference.  If what you say is true, then I would have grasped the opportunity to push the Wii barrow.  You have a great history of missing the point and deviating into some pissing contest about how you are always right. "
Maybe you should go back and read your own posts. You provided a list of Wii games he would enjoy, including Muramasa, House of the Dead, Fire Emblem, and others. Then you later said " I enjoyed HoD:O more than Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Halo 3, GTA IV and Resident Evil 5 combined" (which in and of itself makes your opinions kind of dubious, but that's irrelevant). Your purpose in saying the above is clearly to "push the Wii barrow", even if you don't realize it yourself. You should at the very least provide the downsides as well. Also if he could afford all 3 consoles I don't imagine he would've even posted this topic, making your point of "buy anything that you can" sort of moot. 
Physik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Physik
@oldschool: What you need to realize is that nobody's opinion can be wrong.  You calling them wrong just proves your own ignorance.  He asked them if he should get a Wii, and they gave him their honest opinion.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HandsomeDead
@oldschool said:

" Just the same shite I have come to expect from the Dildo Factory of Wii Haters.  Seriously guys, you really need to grow up, but I am guessing you know that already and enjoy wallowing in your 2nd grade intellect."

Calling me and everyone else who thinksryoma122 shouldn't get a Wii a dildo factory that need to grow up all the while implying you have a 1st rate intellect is hilarious. Good work, Asp. You were almost intentionally funny.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rhaknar
@Physik said:
" @oldschool: What you need to realize is that nobody's opinion can be wrong.  You calling them wrong just proves your own ignorance.  He asked them if he should get a Wii, and they gave him their honest opinion. "
yup, pretty much
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By uniform

I'll join the "If you can afford it" people. I own the Nintendo 64 and the Nintendo Gamecube, and while they were never used nearly as often as my PC and other consoles, they do have some games that I would regret not owning. I do not own a Wii, as it's not financially an option for me at the moment, but I do eventually plan on getting one. There's some good games for it I really wish I owned, and the console's future looks interesting. I'm really looking forward to see what Sakaguchi comes up with on the console.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By oldschool
@HandsomeDead said:

" @oldschool said:

" Just the same shite I have come to expect from the Dildo Factory of Wii Haters.  Seriously guys, you really need to grow up, but I am guessing you know that already and enjoy wallowing in your 2nd grade intellect."

Calling me and everyone else who thinksryoma122 shouldn't get a Wii a dildo factory that need to grow up all the while implying you have a 1st rate intellect is hilarious. Good work, Asp. You were almost intentionally funny. "  
^_^ 

@Physik said:

" @oldschool: What you need to realize is that nobody's opinion can be wrong.  You calling them wrong just proves your own ignorance.  He asked them if he should get a Wii, and they gave him their honest opinion. "

There is a difference between an opinion and ignorance. 

@Geno said:

" @oldschool said:

@Geno said:
" @oldschool said:
No, your comment is ignorant.  I didn't state that he would enjoy any game.  I said that all consoles have games worth playing.  I only mention Fire Emblem in fun as it is my favourite franchise.  I don't use my personal opinion to state that the Wii is great, I use it to state that I enjoy it more than others.  In a thread yesterday a guy asked, as a PC user, whether to get a 360 or PS3.  I didn't even mention the Wii and recommended the PS3 for a point of difference.  If what you say is true, then I would have grasped the opportunity to push the Wii barrow.  You have a great history of missing the point and deviating into some pissing contest about how you are always right. "
Maybe you should go back and read your own posts. You provided a list of Wii games he would enjoy, including Muramasa, House of the Dead, Fire Emblem, and others. Then you later said " I enjoyed HoD:O more than Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Halo 3, GTA IV and Resident Evil 5 combined" (which in and of itself makes your opinions kind of dubious, but that's irrelevant). Your purpose in saying the above is clearly to "push the Wii barrow", even if you don't realize it yourself. You should at the very least provide the downsides as well.  "
I did and I didn't say he "would" enjoy them: 
 All the wonderful Nintendo franchises, plus games like Murumasa, House of Dead, Dead Space Extraction, Trauma Centre and plenty of others.    
That is just an indicator of what is available.  I push the games barrow and that means all consoles.  Why do I need to push the downsides?  I don't play online, so I have no view.  What other downsides am I supposed to be pushing?  As I said above, there is a difference between opinion and ignorance.  Saying you don't like something for "the following reasons" is fine, but blanket negativity is stupid.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By Whisperkill

no. I've used mine a couple times. I have a RROD'd 360 and I still would rather do other things than play the wii. 

Its a big waste of money.