WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Andheez said:
" @PenguinDust:   The Xbox component cables do NOT support 1080p, you have to have HDMI for that, AND make sure the HDMI cable you buy is rated to carry a 1080p signal, as a lot of the bottom end bargain cables don't.  As for the overall effect, the difference is there, it is notable, you could tell which image was which side by side, but I wouldnt compare it to the leap from SD to HD. "
wrong, the 360s component cables DO support 1080p gaming, not 1080p dvd movie upscaling or hd dvd native 1080p output/.
Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Bioderm
@jadeskye said:

" i play on the PC at 2560x1600. Looks fantastic. "

QFT
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Jadeskye
@Bioderm: *thumbs up!*
Linchburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Linchburg

I think the quality of the display and correct calibration will lead to more of a picture improvement than you will see from going 720p->1080p. 
all other things being equal (graphics, etc)

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Right, I just remembered I took a few pictures of my hdtv when I was playing games at 1080, or 1080i for my hdtv resolution using a hdmi to dvi cable using my pc. I'm sure the resolution is scaled to 1080i, however it would look better on a real 1080p hdtv. Remember these are only taken with a digital camera to give you an idea, then again my hdtv is probally not very good. Trust me it's nowhere near the same on consoles, it's really blurry. If anything, it gives the game alot more pixels.

bdhost05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By bdhost05

k now i have to ask, does it really matter what hdmi cable you get? i've heard that some cheaper ones can't handle 1080p, but i've heard from other people that it makes absolutely no difference, and the name brand cables just rip you off.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Hamst3r
@bcooper56: Hey, just curious: Are you Cooper from GameTrailers? No hate, just curious. :)
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Andheez said:
" @PenguinDust:   The Xbox component cables do NOT support 1080p, you have to have HDMI for that, AND make sure the HDMI cable you buy is rated to carry a 1080p signal, as a lot of the bottom end bargain cables don't.  As for the overall effect, the difference is there, it is notable, you could tell which image was which side by side, but I wouldnt compare it to the leap from SD to HD. "
Excuse me sir but they do indeed.   HDMI only offers convenience because audio can be piped through it as well.  I've used all three kinds with more than one XBOX 360 and component AND VGA can do just as sharp a 1080p image as HDMI can.  Component actually has a feature which puts it ahead of HDMI in that it will properly display lower Progressive SD resolutions natively when playing progressive DVDs like Minority Report while HDMI XBOX 360's tend to stick to 1080p all the time and will scale up SD resolutions which actually loses detail.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By LiquidPrince
@SpiderDuder said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Meowayne said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" Playing on a 1080P screen is always going to be better, even if you're playing a 720P game simply because 1080P TV's usually have very high contrast ratios which contribute greatly to picture quality. "
No, this really depends on device. A good, high quality HDready TV will produce a much, much better image than a bargain FullHD TV. "
Which is why I mentioned the fact that most 1080P TV's have at the very LEAST a 50 000:1 contrast ratio. Bargain HD TV's are at like 2000:1 and shouldn't even be considered full HD. "
wat?   Contrast ratio has nothing to do with resolution and most TVs are advertised with inflated dynamic contrast ratio numbers, which are never accurate. The lower numbers around 1000:1 are usually the static dynamic contrast ratio which is a more accurate measurement of contrast. Never believe the dynamic ratio bs. "
Copy paste first post.