Importing a 3DS from Europe?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

I picked up Inazuma Eleven when it was on sale for ten dollars a few weeks ago on the Eshop here in the US. I have since fallen in love with the series and want as much of it as humanly possible. I've already imported the second game since DS games will play on all DS systems.

This is where my issue comes in. I really want to play the third game, but it came out so late in Europe that Level 5 ended up putting it on the 3DS, which much to my dismay is region locked. The fourth game in the series has just come out in English as well, which I would also buy.

Yes, I realize this is insane, because I'd be importing a 3DS to essentially play 2 games (Possibly 4 if the other two Inazuma Eleven GO games get localized). My question is where can I import a reasonably priced European 3DS? Looking on PlayAsia I could get an XL for around $300, but I'd rather get a regular one for cheaper. They do have a hot Nintendogs+Cats bundle with a pink 3DS for $221, but I'd rather just get the 3DS.

Are there any other websites I could go to in order to make my insane import dreams a reality? Searching the UK Amazon I'd be able to get one for the reasonable price of $130ish, but they will definitely not ship it to the U.S.

Alternatively should I just get the Pink bundle off of PlayAsia to constantly remind me that I imported a European 3DS in order to play 2 games?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@counterclockwork87: Thank you for posting that! I was looking on Ebay a few days ago and all I was seeing were ones going for over $200 or ones that were marked as PAL, but weren't

I was kind of put-off by the fact that most of the listings were wrong, but this fine gentlemen has it sitting right on top of the box with a PEGI 7 rating! You have enabled my addiction sir. Thank you so much!