#1 Posted by Porridgelad (90 posts) -

Watching Giant Bombs feature on Persona 4 has sparked my interest in it, and I'm looking into purchasing the game. But due to having a Ps3 from America and living in Britain  has presented the issue of having to import this from the US as the ps2 player is region encoded. So i could use some recommendations on appropriate online stores if anyone has them..

Thanks

#2 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Ehhh i might be wrong here but if i remember correctly Persona 4 does not work on a PS3.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4965 posts) -
Endogene said:
"Ehhh i might be wrong here but if i remember correctly Persona 4 does not work on a PS3.
"

Even for backwards compatable ones?  I thought that was supposed to be hardware based backwards compatibility so anything should work regardless.
#4 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
Shadow said:
"Endogene said:
"Ehhh i might be wrong here but if i remember correctly Persona 4 does not work on a PS3.
"

Even for backwards compatable ones?  I thought that was supposed to be hardware based backwards compatibility so anything should work regardless."
Not sure at all, just something i thought of having heard.
#5 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

Persona 4 works fine on my software BC 80GB PS3. There is a bug where the area label is missing in the lower left corner of the screen, but the game plays great otherwise.

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -

Also, as with any PS2 game on the PS3, make sure you've got backups of your save files. You wouldn't want to lose your progress due to accidental save data corruption.

#7 Posted by Axersia (1612 posts) -
Play-Asia is the way to go.

That's where I've been getting all my games for the past 4 years and I've never run into any problems with them.
#8 Posted by Porridgelad (90 posts) -

thanks for all the info, the problem with Play - Asia is I cant see a US region encoded persona just japan encoded

#9 Posted by Red (5991 posts) -
Axersia said:
"Play-Asia is the way to go.

That's where I've been getting all my games for the past 4 years and I've never run into any problems with them.
"
Definitely. I live in Singapore where they do have US games, but they're usually way overpriced. Play-asia's just $5 more than US retail price.
#10 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It does work on the BC 80GB PS3s...I know because my friend has one and the game and it worked for him.

#11 Posted by Axersia (1612 posts) -
Porridgelad said:
"thanks for all the info, the problem with Play - Asia is I cant see a US region encoded persona just japan encoded
"
You didn't look hard enough.
#12 Posted by Porridgelad (90 posts) -

excellent thanks Axersia  and everyone else for the information