In a gamerscore dilemma

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xpxTomxqx

Alright guys, I'm currently in a dilemma regarding my gamerscore. I have roughly 11500 on my current account but my gamerscore to games ratio is killing me when I look at it. The poor ratio resulted from me working in a games shop and being able to borrow games whenever I saw fit, so I ended up getting more than I could chew and never finishing most of them. Looking at my gamerscore now, it saddens me. I was once a gamerscore guy but now I have lost interest due to my ratio being so poor. I am thinking of setting up a new account to tackle the problem though, do you think it's worth it though?

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By theguy

I suppose if gamerscore means that much to you but I really don't see a problem. Personally I've never thought about my "games to score ratio".

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@theguy said:
I suppose if gamerscore means that much to you but I really don't see a problem. Personally I've never thought about my "games to score ratio".
True say, one of my counter arguments is the amount of time I have put into my current account. I guess I just want to have a nice percentage of games complete and it saddens me to see that I haven't got it :( Just means I'll have to play more I guess haha!
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Binman88

Oh god.  

No, I don't think it's worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really understand your reasoning behind it all but why do you have to start a new account, just finish the game on the current one?

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@NeverDave said:

I don't really understand your reasoning behind it all but why do you have to start a new account, just finish the game on the current one?

I would do but a lot of the games I have played I no longer own :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xpxTomxqx said:

@NeverDave said:

Rentals?

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By craigbo180
@xpxTomxqx: No-one else cares about your games to score ratio, why should you? It's not like all those games were to hard for you, you just have just borrowed a lot of games and not had enough time to complete everything. I have a few five point achievements in some games because I played them one time and it used to bother me, but now I'm like fuck it, I don't even think about gamerscore until I finish a game and then if I liked the game or the points are easy I will get the rest.
xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@NeverDave said:

@xpxTomxqx said:

@NeverDave said:

Rentals?

That may be a good shout. I'm just finishing my final exams at my sixth form college but afterwards I may try and get a job back the games store I used to work at. If I can get one, then this will be a dillemma solved. I think the argument saying that I have spent so much time on this account justifies itself because I wouldn't want all that time to be wasted and not only that, I'll never be able to survive 500,000 on Geometry Wars ever again haha!
xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@craigbo180 said:
@xpxTomxqx: No-one else cares about your games to score ratio, why should you? It's not like all those games were to hard for you, you just have just borrowed a lot of games and not had enough time to complete everything. I have a few five point achievements in some games because I played them one time and it used to bother me, but now I'm like fuck it, I don't even think about gamerscore until I finish a game and then if I liked the game or the points are easy I will get the rest.
That is a good argument haha. I like seeing other people's gamerscore but then again I never look at their ratio, just to compare my games to theirs I guess. When you look on it from a rational viewpoint you see that I'm actually being a bit irrational. However, that 5 points I have from Gameroom still pisses me off!
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Seedofpower

I would do it. You can get that score back pretty fast if you just commit to your games.

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@Seedofpower said:

I would do it. You can get that score back pretty fast if you just commit to your games.

The first one to have a counter-argument haha. That's what I thought too but I'm thinking about the time I put into COD and other games like that. I think I'm gonna keep my account and just work on it when my final exams are over. It leaves me with a summer of essentially going through my backlog of achievements.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Jadeskye

@xpxTomxqx: Not worth it dude. i have about 70k with a potential of about 180k. Don't let it bother you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ghostface said:

Gay thread, you are obviously a moron, if something like this bothers go take a look at yourself in the mirror jeeez the worlds gone to shit

Don't do this.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By vidiot
@xpxTomxqx said:
It leaves me with a summer of essentially going through my backlog of achievements.

That's the spirit, think of it as a summer project.

The Darkness and Tomb Raider: Legend are dirt cheap, and are probably the easiest or most 'direct' games to fill out those achievements easily. 
It seems you don't have a lot of games that fall under the category of "easy S-Ranks", but I can easily see your completion level raised fairly quickly. Make Devil May Cry 4 the last game you attempt on that list. I beat that game multiple times and walked away with a measly 200/1000.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Portis

My "achievement ratio" is pretty bad also. But I'm also not really into achievements -- as in I don't go out of my way to get them. Whatever I get it what I get.

The ratio is also pretty bad because I have a habit of just playing the absolute shit out of the multiplayer portion of a game, while never touching the single player.

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@vidiot said:
@xpxTomxqx said:
It leaves me with a summer of essentially going through my backlog of achievements.

That's the spirit, think of it as a summer project.

The Darkness and Tomb Raider: Legend are dirt cheap, and are probably the easiest or most 'direct' games to fill out those achievements easily. 
It seems you don't have a lot of games that fall under the category of "easy S-Ranks", but I can easily see your completion level raised fairly quickly. Make Devil May Cry 4 the last game you attempt on that list. I beat that game multiple times and walked away with a measly 200/1000.

Since I have the exams I'm gonna have to leave getting achievements for a bit. The Darkness I have borrowed off a friend so will go through that soon and I hear it's quite a good game. Tomb Raider I know longer have but I can easily borrow it again. I'm going to replay Mass Effect so I can go through as a Biotic and get those achievements and also within a couple of games I could S-rank Madden 09. Thinking about it now, it could be fun and it's always nice to aim for something. 

I really like the achievements system on this website. It gives it a nice edge especially with the 'rare' achievements. I also like the comment feature for them, it gives it potential for a guide to be written for each achievement. Cheers for the tips though mate.
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

You wanna play games for achievements, go to Kongregate all other games you play for the sake of playing them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

You wanna play games for achievements, go to Kongregate all other games you play for the sake of playing them.

Gaming snobbery, the lamest of all snobbery.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By BombKareshi

I don't think you should worry so much about your completion ratio. There was a time I obsessed a little about my ranking in Team Fortress 2. It was fun for a while, but soon I found it took the fun out of the game, especially since I had to play constantly just to keep my rank up. I started enjoying the game a lot more after I learned to let go. Still, it's up to you.

shodan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By shodan2020

@xpxTomxqx: Gamefly that shit. It's like netflix for games. Just make a list, they'll send the games to you and you can play through them taking as much time as you want.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By SBYM

Just be glad that you've lost interest in GS; I wish I could do the same.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@NeverDave said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Gaming snobbery, the lamest of all snobbery.

How was that snobbery? I just think achievements are a bad idea. In the midst of it, people forget what its all about, the games, not some number. But hey, everyone has a right to do whatever they want and i could be wrong.
xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@BombKareshi said:
I don't think you should worry so much about your completion ratio. There was a time I obsessed a little about my ranking in Team Fortress 2. It was fun for a while, but soon I found it took the fun out of the game, especially since I had to play constantly just to keep my rank up. I started enjoying the game a lot more after I learned to let go. Still, it's up to you.
That's true. I find that I'm replaying games just for achievements instead of replaying them for their replay value. Unlike the days of my PS2 and Gamecube where I would replay games so many times without unlocking anything else.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I'm over 120,000 now and have just stopped caring. I average like 750/game and have 50+ 1000s (not easy ones either), but I just don't have the same drive I once did. I'd say screw it just keep on truckin'.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Yanngc33

spend more time with your games

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xpxTomxqx
@Rolyatkcinmai said:

I'm over 120,000 now and have just stopped caring. I average like 750/game and have 50+ 1000s (not easy ones either), but I just don't have the same drive I once did. I'd say screw it just keep on truckin'.

Cheers man :) That's what most people have said so I guess that's my answer haha.