In a video game rut.

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KimChi4U

I can't understand this. I've been waiting for the weekend to hit so that I can sit down for a stretch of time and play me some video games. I've been busy at work this week and haven't had any time during the week to really sit down and enjoy an hour or 2 of anything. It's not as if I don't have any good games that need to be played either... I just got Uncharted 2, NFS Shift, Brutal Legend, and Infamous and Borderlands, Forza 3 and Batman:AA are on the way (Seems like a lot but not a lot to spend money on in small town Korea). 

Saturday hit and I didn't play a single game all day. I seem to be in this rut where I'm looking forward to playing video games but can't be bothered to sit down and play them. It's not like there is anything else really going on and I even cleared it with my wife to get a few hours of game time in. Instead, I watched TV and listened to video game podcasts while I organized my computer desk. It bothers me because there are some great games on my shelf and I just don't seem to be interested. Does anyone else get like this? What do you do to get back into the video gaming mood?
KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KimChi4U

I can't understand this. I've been waiting for the weekend to hit so that I can sit down for a stretch of time and play me some video games. I've been busy at work this week and haven't had any time during the week to really sit down and enjoy an hour or 2 of anything. It's not as if I don't have any good games that need to be played either... I just got Uncharted 2, NFS Shift, Brutal Legend, and Infamous and Borderlands, Forza 3 and Batman:AA are on the way (Seems like a lot but not a lot to spend money on in small town Korea). 

Saturday hit and I didn't play a single game all day. I seem to be in this rut where I'm looking forward to playing video games but can't be bothered to sit down and play them. It's not like there is anything else really going on and I even cleared it with my wife to get a few hours of game time in. Instead, I watched TV and listened to video game podcasts while I organized my computer desk. It bothers me because there are some great games on my shelf and I just don't seem to be interested. Does anyone else get like this? What do you do to get back into the video gaming mood?
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

A lot of us feel like that occasionally. The best solution is to just wait and eventually your desire will come back, or perhaps watch some gameplay videos of the games you have and see if that sparks your interest.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By minotaka

hey man,
i can totally agree with this! sometimes you've just gota bite the bullet and force yourself to play it  - then ull realise how good these shiny shelf space takers really are :))

KimChi4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KimChi4U

Even sadder is the fact that I didn't mention what I watched on TV. I live overseas and watched one of the local channels which is in a language that I don't understand.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

I feel that pretty often lately, but what I get into is browsing forums and general netting.

I have found that forcing yourself to play a game in these cases can work out well.  There will be times where I felt I didn't want to play a game, but when I forced myself to start, it didn't take long before I was really enjoying the game.  Try for the right game, but don't worry too much about which is right.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By me3639

Totally agree, i think everyone needs a little down time and get away from the controller. However, if you need some mojo to get back into it, just turn on regular TV, or go out and walk amongst people and it you will realize the best entertainment available is in those games you have waiting.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Stick Uncharted 2 in your PS3. I guarantee that will reignite the flame.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By yakov456
@KimChi4U said:
" I can't understand this. I've been waiting for the weekend to hit so that I can sit down for a stretch of time and play me some video games. I've been busy at work this week and haven't had any time during the week to really sit down and enjoy an hour or 2 of anything. It's not as if I don't have any good games that need to be played either... I just got Uncharted 2, NFS Shift, Brutal Legend, and Infamous and Borderlands, Forza 3 and Batman:AA are on the way (Seems like a lot but not a lot to spend money on in small town Korea).  Saturday hit and I didn't play a single game all day. I seem to be in this rut where I'm looking forward to playing video games but can't be bothered to sit down and play them. It's not like there is anything else really going on and I even cleared it with my wife to get a few hours of game time in. Instead, I watched TV and listened to video game podcasts while I organized my computer desk. It bothers me because there are some great games on my shelf and I just don't seem to be interested. Does anyone else get like this? What do you do to get back into the video gaming mood? "
Oh yeah, this happens to me all the time. Or sometimes I just look at my games deciding what to play, and simply can not pick something. I just zone out.
dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By dutch42

happens to me occaisionally, spend all week looking forward to getting some solid gaming time in at the weekend then the weekend rolls around and I'm just too tired to be assed to do much of anything. I find that once I get going and get absorbed in something its fine though.

casualterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By casualterror

yeah I am too a bit. I'm just trying to find a fun game to play till MW2 comes out and the closer and closer it gets to Nov. 10 the harder it's getting to play games.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#11  Edited By citizenkane

Everybody goes through times where they just want to take a break.  I had one a couple of years ago.  You will eventually get your desire back.  Hopefully Modern Warfare 2 will help bring it back.  ;)

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Illmatic

Whenever this happens, its usually because something is nagging at me subconsciously. Usually just ends up being a school project or a chore that needs to be done that hasn't quite registered in my head yet. It usually lasts a week or so, though at its worst I've spent half a year not interested in playing a single game.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Yeah, this happens to me every so often. I am REALLY into games, but every once in a while, I will seemingly lose all interest and not do anything gaming related at all. I always get back into them eventually though. It should pass.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I only play on the weekends as well, so it is odd on Friday evenings or nights when I find myself with no desire to play a game, even though I haven't played a game all week.  I also have a large collection & I think having a large collection of games is part of the issue that makes you feel overloaded. If you like hunting for achievements, then a large stack of paid & unplayed games feels daunting (ie, you can already see yourself spending the next year working on just the games you bought & there are more games coming out that you want to get...when the hell will a weekend gamer like me ever have the time to play most of it??).

I've done what everyone else has done at this point.  Just load the game & start playing for a bit. Although I can't do it on a Friday. Usually I'll start Saturday morning after a good night's rest & breakfast, play for a 2-3 hours, break, play 2-3 hours, break, until I need to put it away for a bit.