Posted by slayerofheroes (214 posts) -

I've been observing and trying out games with in game character creation systems, and I've come out with a conclusion. it's easier to create a male character and more creative than a female.

Am I right?

Or is it just me?

#1 Posted by slayerofheroes (214 posts) -

I've been observing and trying out games with in game character creation systems, and I've come out with a conclusion. it's easier to create a male character and more creative than a female.

Am I right?

Or is it just me?

#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14351 posts) -

I think it's just you.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18915 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"I think it's just you. "
Well, it also depends on the game.
#4 Posted by prinny_god (327 posts) -

no not really I like making both characters

#5 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
slayerofheroes said:
"I've been observing and trying out games with in game character creation systems, and I've come out with a conclusion. it's easier to create a male character and more creative than a female. Am I right?Or is it just me?"
It certainly doesnt seem to be true with Soul Calibur IV. In fact, it may be the reverse.
#6 Posted by EntwineX (74 posts) -

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, easier how and what's more creative? Only difference I've noticed between my male/female characters is that my male ones tend to be more generic, you know the goodie goodie archetype human hero with practical gear. While my female hero is always a cold hard bitch and most of my time goes to picking the best looking armor for her.

#7 Posted by PenguinDust (12455 posts) -

I don't know what you're talking about.  I created female mains in Fallout 2, Fable 2 and Mass Effect without any trouble.  Each were distinct and different than each other and they didn't look like a male character with boobs either.  In society, women generally have more fashion options, and while carrying that idea over to video games is difficult, I haven't run across many games made in recent history that short changes female characters when they are included.  If you are talking about character development over the course of the game, then that's another issue entirely.