#751 Posted by Mezmero (1868 posts) -

Browsing through more old videos I came across the Lego Batman 2 Quick Look. Probably one of the worst QLs of all time because of the cerebral road block they hit near the end but the intro of the video done by Ryan is awesome. The melody of the Elfman Batman theme using only the words "Lego" and "Batman".

#752 Posted by Game_Baron (119 posts) -
#753 Edited by Brackynews (4060 posts) -

Came across this while cleaning up my GBlulz folder. (I don't really call it that)

Will took an awful lot of shit and hate over the "Jamie and Adam's Tested" takeover. Which I also thought was was rushed in all the worst ways only a business contract can set out to accomplish, but I was confident it would turn out ok eventually. Anyway I thought it was classic Ryan to remind Will exactly whom he was speaking for. :p

#754 Edited by laserguy (443 posts) -

Ryan introduced me to AM and Shawn Lee and Summerjams. "steppin Out." Mabye better than Joe Jackson.

#755 Posted by ZakaL (1 posts) -

#756 Edited by alexe0506 (24 posts) -

This post makes med laugh and cry all at ones, i love giantbomb, and i love Ryan Davis <3

#757 Posted by bennym6 (417 posts) -

There are literally way too many moments.

The way he would pronounce words like sword.

Every old school I Love Mondays.

Playing Pokémon Snap with Patrick and Jeff.

The Xboxalypse.

#758 Posted by JediAutobot (200 posts) -

I was listening to Hollywood Babble-on, a Kevin Smith podcast and they mentioned Ryan as part of the Celebrity Deaths. I'm glad they acknowledged him but it made me sad again. Thoughts once again out to his family, who have tons of things that will bring back the memories.

#759 Posted by GaspoweR (2959 posts) -

@zakal said:

Oh man I wish I started listening to podcasts regularly this early on to have heard this.

#760 Posted by MocBucket62 (1197 posts) -

The game show quick looks with Ryan and Jeff are some of my favorite quick looks on the site! Ryan on Hollywood Squares: "Fuck you Brad Garret! I hope you burn in shit!"

#761 Posted by tydigame (85 posts) -

This is a small one, but there was a podcast when there was a game company called HB games, and Jeff said that it was "Hank Bazaria Games" and Ryan just lost it. I had just started listening to the podcast at that time, and hearing him laugh made me laugh. Whenever he lost it like that it was great.

#762 Posted by KimJongIllest (67 posts) -

#763 Edited by JRock3x8 (248 posts) -
#765 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

This is late, but I haven't been around to look online and I just found out this news. I guess I am lucky, because I get to replace my shock and sadness with the actual comments on this thread instantly. I, like many others, have followed this whole crew since the G-Spot days. And I never knew Ryan personally, but with that much time of watching and laughing with someone 3000 miles away every day, you get to feel friendly with that person. Of course I've gotten comments from Ryan via email a few times and on posts. But there is something more amazing here than little "He talked to me" stories by them selves. Ryan clearly affected a lot of people by simply being himself on the internet. There are endless memories and testimony. Sure he was foulmouthed and a little angry (which was always more of a friendly anger... unless it involved that damnable Yoshi). But that makes for a better feeling that he was an outgoing friend of everyone, with his openness. I definitely feel he gives a good model to follow as a general attitude toward life, as people have commented. Instead of being sad he is gone, we should be happy he ever was here to share himself with us through all these wonderful snippets from his work.

#766 Edited by themonkeyworks (71 posts) -

its so weird to be attached to someone i never met, only heard and watched. lots of love to the gb crew, community and ryans family

great work with compiling ryans work

#767 Edited by oliver (124 posts) -

ah man this sucks so bad hes a funny guy and very likeable as a host and podcaster evey week i ture in the bombcast on my way home on a long boring bus ride and this dude made me laff me head off

he was relly get at being host as he was getting jokes and verws from the rest of the bombcast vinny and him had a nice team doing jks

http://youtu.be/4T4_-ZyjPZw

rip

#768 Posted by TroyMcClure (10 posts) -

I couldn't come up with my favorite moment before, but this remix of a dumb Kinect game had me laughing my ass off.

#769 Edited by eskimo (476 posts) -
#770 Posted by Fattony12000 (7292 posts) -
#771 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (4947 posts) -

That opening shot of him every live show,

"Hey Folks"

#772 Edited by Bingeandgrab (4 posts) -

I made this montage in honor of Ryan. Thanks for the laughs and the memories.

#773 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5414 posts) -

It took me a while to find time to finish it, but I finally did. Love Ryan Davis and Rest in peace.

#774 Posted by Shingatsu (44 posts) -

Wow, people here are talking so much about this man, Can anyone tell me who was he?

#775 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1763 posts) -

My favorite moment of his is during a Game Room Quicklook when he freaked out over an Intellivision game coming out in 1990.

#776 Edited by AlexGlass (688 posts) -

I haven't been around long enough to know him when this tragedy happen. But awhile back I couldn't believe when I found out Kinect Disneyland Adventures sold millions so I decided to check it out and see what the heck it was about and came across a Youtube video review of his and Will's. Made my friend and I laugh so hard. I hope his friends and family find solace in the fact that he can still make people laugh even know. Plus he was the only one even trying!

Rest in peace Ryan.

#777 Posted by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

Some of my favorite Ryan tweets:

Drake made the mistake of tweeting that he didn't like hummus in response to the first tweet
I laughed so goddamn hard at this

#778 Posted by Bingeandgrab (4 posts) -

CHINA DON'T MIND!

#779 Edited by SpudBug (633 posts) -

Here you are gentlemen, Ryan Davis at his most glorious. Sorry that this gif is 11 MB. I can make a less frames, lower color one, but I figured i'd upload the original, unedited high quality.

#780 Edited by walterbennet (154 posts) -
#781 Edited by aquamarin (555 posts) -

I constantly think of moments where Ryan Davis had a prevailing opinion on something, and it bubbles up to the top. Then I remember he's gone. It's terribly sad.

#782 Edited by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

There are many which are posted in the thread already I am sure but one of my favorite moments was the Dicks Restaurant conversation. The "I could eat dicks all day" gets a laugh out of me every time.

#783 Posted by LTSmash (617 posts) -

Battlefield Bad Company 2 TNT

The first thing Ryan does is jump on an ATV, tear ass to a control point, and get killed by an RPG. "Perfect."

This is also the TNT where Ryan taught me the term dumpin' for unloading his gun in the air.

#784 Posted by Sikboy1029 (87 posts) -

#785 Posted by StriderNo9 (1087 posts) -

Miss you Ryan.

#786 Posted by ink (17 posts) -

I could link to a "Heyyy everybody, it's TUESDAY" clip, but there are ample here already. Just this morning I was listening to the bombcast, taking my 9-year-old to school, and I hear this loud voice from the back seat: "HEY EVERYBODY, IT'S TUESDAY! Only it's really Thursday, dad...". It made me smile.

#788 Edited by Kaungo (40 posts) -

Just saw this pic on reddit and immediately thought of Ryan =/

#789 Posted by Milkman (16660 posts) -

@thepickle: This post is 3 months old but I just gotta say, how fucking good was Ryan at Twitter? He was, bar none, the best Twitter account I followed and my feed is 100% less fun without him. I could seriously just sit and read through all his old tweets all day. It was the perfect form of communication for him. You could only follow him and you would get everything you need to get out of Twitter.

#790 Edited by ThePickle (4167 posts) -

@milkman said:

@thepickle: This post is 3 months old but I just gotta say, how fucking good was Ryan at Twitter? He was, bar none, the best Twitter account I followed and my feed is 100% less fun without him. I could seriously just sit and read through all his old tweets all day. It was the perfect form of communication for him. You could only follow him and you would get everything you need to get out of Twitter.

He was the best. He'd have stuff like that that would make me laugh for days just thinking about it. Of course, the classic:

Ryan Davis‏@taswell

And the smell of marijuana has once again overwhelmed the fifth floor at the Santa Clara Hyatt Regency. Good looking out, CAX!

And now I'm listening to Random Access Memories because of course.

#791 Posted by Poppy_Persona (153 posts) -

Ryan Davis‏@taswell

And the smell of marijuana has once again overwhelmed the fifth floor at the Santa Clara Hyatt Regency. Good looking out, CAX!

Was that from when he Narked? Fun times!

#792 Posted by ThomasCro (107 posts) -

For me, it's definitely the Motion Sports horse game quick look.

"Rider meet horse, horse meet rider."

#793 Edited by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -
#794 Posted by The_Nubster (2096 posts) -

I stumbled on this awesome video that a couple of GB users made before 2011's BLLSL, one that I had totally forgotten about until today.

Someone had made an off-hand comment about running people over with a car, and so I made a thread about one of the BLLSL events being Ryan getting run over by Jeff. Some staff responded, someone made a GIF, music was added up, and this amazing thing was born. It made me laugh and cry. What a dumb, awesome thing. Rest in peace, duder.

#795 Posted by WasteLand_Alpha (6 posts) -

2013 comes to an end and Ryan is still with us. Forever showing us not to take life too seriously. Merry Christmas Ryan.

#796 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (4947 posts) -

Ryan <3

#797 Posted by Saik0u (82 posts) -

I just noticed this, in the background of Tim Schafer`s office, while watching the latest episode of the Broken Age documentary.

Suddenly made me sad in the middle of something i really enjoy, and reminded me how many people in the industry Ryan must have had a fun time with over the years.

Episode 13: Crash Landing a Plane
#798 Posted by kollay (1928 posts) -

Screw you, 2013.

#799 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1060 posts) -

Why did I look at this thread? Watching these videos made me brake down and cry. I wish Ryan could know what he has done for me. I love you man.

#800 Posted by Kscorps (55 posts) -

Around 3:22 when Ryan is handed the turkey. Man, this site is awesome.

The moment where a tribute to Ryan got a standing ovation at the last PAX panel was absolutely amazing, as well. I miss him more each day.