#801 Edited by Dryker (494 posts) -

I miss Ryan.

#802 Posted by Baltimore (271 posts) -

At Awesome Games Done Quick 2014, there was a donation contest to pick Robo's name. RyanD won.

#803 Edited by D_W (1162 posts) -

I'll admit, I got choked up a bit when they named RyanD.

#804 Posted by billmcneal (284 posts) -

that one time that he drank breast milk

#805 Edited by Harkat (1102 posts) -

OK, so this one was a bombcast in the autumn of 2011. That bit where Vinny's describing that RTS with really convoluted-ass time-travel mechanics and Ryan just starts going "stop…stop…stop…shut the fuck up" louder and louder while Vinny's ignoring him and shouting all this technical nonsense over Ryan's voice. That was hilarious, but I can't find it on youtube anymore.

Ryan was an exceptional host, he knew exactly how much, and when, to subtly poke someone to get the fuck on with it, when to really explore a joke and so on. Vinny probably understood that too, but chose to push Ryan's sense of podcast-rhythm, which made it so funny.

Maybe it's just a subjective thing, but I swear summer of 2011 through Early 2012 was the best fuckin time for the Bombcast.

#806 Edited by shodan2020 (666 posts) -

Ryan being a narc and his quick looks with Alex on Kirby's Epic Yarn and Rorie for Jerry Rice and Nidus' Dog Football. Also, Horse meet Rider! Rider meet Horse!

#808 Posted by Glottery (1271 posts) -

@harkat said:

OK, so this one was a bombcast in the autumn of 2011. That bit where Vinny's describing that RTS with really convoluted-ass time-travel mechanics and Ryan just starts going "stop…stop…stop…shut the fuck up" louder and louder while Vinny's ignoring him and shouting all this technical nonsense over Ryan's voice. That was hilarious, but I can't find it on youtube anymore.

Just in case you didn't look further into that, I did! The game's Achron and this is the Bombcast with that little discussion (1:45:15). Good stuff, indeed!

#809 Edited by rand0mZer00 (235 posts) -

"Do you like cheese?"

Every time I go to the grocery store, and forget whether or not we have cheese, I call my brother and say that. We both bust out laughing every time.

#810 Posted by deathstrokergeist (36 posts) -

Haha, I miss Ryan.

#811 Posted by Theologian78 (29 posts) -

The whole discussion of the Pokemon tournament "situation" where the champion lost his title. They recorded it at Dave's house when they were between offices. I just listened to it again last week. Man that was a hilarious conversation.

A "handful of action" . . . brilliant.

#812 Posted by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

The whole discussion of the Pokemon tournament "situation" where the champion lost his title. They recorded it at Dave's house when they were between offices. I just listened to it again last week. Man that was a hilarious conversation.

Do you have a link? I haven't heard that.

#813 Edited by Crunchitizer (5 posts) -

@theologian78 said:

Do you have a link? I haven't heard that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns5MgXjE4N8

Here ya go.

#814 Posted by TruthTellah (9000 posts) -

@crunchitizer: Ohhh. Okay, now I remember it. Yes. A true classic indeed.

#815 Posted by kishinfoulux (2301 posts) -

One year anniversary is coming up soon isn't it?

Still miss that guy. <3

#816 Edited by JoelHulsey (70 posts) -

Literally every single one of them. Dreading July 3. The chemistry between Ryan and Jeff can never be replaced. They were the perfect team.

#817 Posted by Triumvir (476 posts) -

A year to the day. We love you, big guy. The world just isn't the same without you.

#818 Edited by Itwongo (1193 posts) -

Can't believe it's only been a year. Feels like ages. Blasting HOT summerjams all day ALL YEAR ALL TIME

#819 Edited by xXCrazyCostaXx (117 posts) -

Miss this guy like crazy, watching old videos and listening to old podcast really hits you hard when you don't hear his signature laugh in things. But I gotta say the site is just as strong as ever and the amount passion these guys put into it to keep it going is amazing. Ryan would be proud of where the site is and the guys behind it.

#820 Posted by DorkyMohr (172 posts) -

I just got so friggun excited when I saw Ryan videos highlighted on the frontpage. I was expecting the anniversary of when we lost him to go largely unacknowledged for some reason. I've been more than touched to see everyone making mentions of their memories of ryan on twitter and such and now this. This has been an absolutely crazy year for myself personally and I'm not ashamed to say that giantbomb was a big part of it.

#821 Posted by Rewcastle (400 posts) -

It's never been Tuesday since we lost you Ryan. We are forever stuck in Monday's limbo. Miss you big dude.

#822 Posted by Error1355 (97 posts) -

https://twitter.com/marinov1/status/316702815290523649

This moment right here was my absolute favorite. I am the bigger guy on the right side. I was shocked to all hell to see an image of myself starting a standing ovation to Ryan on my twitter feed after he we tweeted it.

I also remember playing against Ryan in Forza Horizon on TNT, as well as getting a joke site I made be retweeted a dumb joke site I made www.error1355.com/taswell.html

I miss hearing him on the Podcast weekly, but he will forever live on in memories. He is immortal in that way.

#823 Edited by EndlessMike (516 posts) -
#824 Edited by Lukeweizer (2679 posts) -

Any Quick Look with Vinny. Those two just enabled each other. So much fun to see.

#825 Posted by Olqavtoras (222 posts) -

Every time I think I have a favorite moment I remember something else, it's just impossible for me to choose. Miss you big man.

#826 Posted by isomeri (1273 posts) -

Watching the videos the crew put back up on the homepage made me reminisce and eventually brought me back to this, which is still one of my favorite Ryan moments from the Giant Bomb era.

#827 Edited by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Too damn many, but the executable moment on the podcast, his infectious laughter & many other moments. Still miss that duder. Cheers Ryan.

Plus grabbing a random podcast wound up with the classic example of everyone's excessive skill on wit & zany things while CHINA DON'T CARE.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-09-11-2012/1600-340/

#828 Posted by marcusofadown (65 posts) -

I have no special particular memory of Ryan - they're all fantastic. I miss that dude so much and it still feels completely surreal that he's not with us anymore. I keep feeling like he's been on the worlds longest honeymoon or something. Everytime I see him on screen, or hear him on a QL, he feels so alive to me.

And I didn't even know the man personally. But it feels like I did. I don't know, duders, it's just... Fuck.

:(

Still sucks balls. Fuck everything about this day, forever.

#829 Edited by durden77 (303 posts) -

My favorite moment had to be, well, meeting him. He was sitting outside at PAX 2011 smoking a cig. I was with my friend at the time who was new to Giant Bomb but had quickly became a huge fan. I saw him, and told my friend, "We should really go say hi!". My buddy was a bit nervous. I mean it was understandable, at this point he was a fairly big deal now and he probably got fans talking to him all the time. Not to mention he had to have been busy, he was at PAX running a website after all. But I know people, and I just knew it wouldn't hurt. I could tell what kind of guy he was just from looking at him, and of course from following GB since it's beginnings.

I told my friend, "Look, we'll just go say hey and tell him thank you for his work. I don't think that's a big deal". That's all I wanted to do and that's all I expected. That is not what we got. When I came up to him and said something like, "Hey Ryan! I'm sure you get it a lot, but we just want you to know that we absolutely love what you've done with Giant Bomb", and prepared to walk away, he put his cigarette out, put his phone away, stood up and shook our hands, and proceeded to pretty much say "Fuck that, we're talkin". I had a great conversation with him. About the site. About his ideals. About what he hopes he's accomplishing. And most importantly, about fun and video games. The conversation didn't stop until my friend called me aside for something. I thought I was right about him. I was wrong. I thought he was a great free-loving dude. I didn't realize how much of just an excellent person he was on top of that, one that unflinchingly stood for his values.

This picture was taken that day after around 5 minutes of talk. You just don't get smiles that real and that quick with normal people. Nah, Ryan wasn't normal. Ryan was Ryan. And he was a friend the instant I met him. I know he's still finding the humor in every single fucking thing, wherever he is. Miss you, friend. And thanks.

#830 Posted by AZ123 (158 posts) -

Why did Ryan love New Balance shoes so much?

#831 Posted by DrSpaceLove (9 posts) -

Those dumb baller time shoes get me every time....*single tear*

#832 Posted by mewarmo990 (835 posts) -

Thanks to Ryan's advice on the Bombcast I always "wipe front to back, never back to front."

#836 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5424 posts) -

@durden77: Great story! Thank you for sharing.

#837 Edited by evilrazer (489 posts) -
#838 Posted by gizmo88 (97 posts) -

RIP Ryan Davis.