#201 Posted by Melos (239 posts) -

In addition to everything pointed out already, it always made me happy when I Love Mondays came up, back when it had the opening and everything. Seeing Ryan's goofy ass googly eyes in the intro and then hearing him lay out what was coming always got me stoked for another week of Giant Bomb. He was a pro at presentation.

I still remember this ILM in particular because of how Ryan cracks in the last few seconds, and it still makes me laugh: I Love Mondays 09/26/11

#202 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1462 posts) -

One of the many Ryan Davis moments that won me over from lurker to avid fan of the site.

One of my favorite mailbags

My namesake

#203 Posted by Benmo316 (443 posts) -
#204 Posted by agerstone (107 posts) -

#205 Posted by JohnnyMcmillen (156 posts) -

I don't know what bombcast it was, but Jeff was talking about being a ghost, and I think it went along the lines of:

Jeff: "I like to think I'd be a friendly ghost"

Ryan: "I sincerely fucking doubt that."

I was having a really shitty day, struggling at home and college, but it was so funny that I couldn't help breaking out of the hideously bad mood I was in to laugh. Happily, this is only one of the examples of when Ryan seemed personally cheer me up over the last 6 years I have followed them.

(If anyone could give me the date of that bombcast I'd love to laugh again to that right now)

#206 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -

We should all change our avatars to a favorite picture of Ryan Davis. Just so I feel like I am doing something to combat the sadness.

#207 Edited by Dinkmers (14 posts) -

Haven't seen the Diamonds and Pearls video posted, but it needs to be preserved for posterity. http://www.gamespot.com/users/Ryan/video_player?id=JX07w2P65b4Ovj7c

It's a cut of Ryan's Pokemon Diamond/Pearl review Vinny made set to the Prince song Diamonds and Pearls. I haven't been able to find it rehosted anywhere on youtube or anything but it's too beautiful to be lost to the sands of time.

#208 Edited by Nerdmotron (53 posts) -

@majkiboy said:

This still makes me laugh!

This is one of my favourite quick looks. Absolutely hilarious.

#209 Posted by Sarge__Gunnerz (40 posts) -

Every time Ryan laughed you couldn't help but smile and laugh along with him. Nobody has that effect as much as he did. What a gift...and it's gone. But it will live on forever in everybody that heard it.

#210 Edited by Richard_Buttz (15 posts) -

The point when Ryan and the crew start talking about America's Funniest Home Videos is one of my favorite Bombcast moments. I would like to write a few words about Ryan, but by the time I could express myself it would no longer be timely or appropriate, so I'll keep it short. I always imagined that if I could get a beer with any of the GB crew it would be Ryan. It's sad that this will never happen, but his legend will grow in my mind until one day, maybe, it will match the true legacy that he has left within the industry and with those that knew him. My condolences to his family and everyone in the office. Ryan's passing leaves a hole that can never be filled.

#211 Posted by Jackel2072 (2254 posts) -

I know alot of videos are being posted here, but this is truly one of my favorite tweets Ryan ever made!

#212 Edited by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -

It ain't a moment, but don't like a full Ryan Davis quick look? DON'T EAT!

But if I MUST pick a moment, 10:23 is the DEFINITION of a guffaw.

#213 Posted by TandooriCactus (16 posts) -

Thanks for this thread. Group therapy on a grand scale. These are hilarious and poignant in equal measure. The great man will be truly missed. I couldn't possibly choose one moment - the plethora of Kinnect and Move quick looks with Jeff and Vinny I still watch regularly for their comedy value, most of all I'll just miss him on the Bombcast. I've been listening to old GOTY casts this evening and watching the clips on this post with a tear in my eye. His wit and cutting sense of humour made him a fantastic anchor for the Bombcast; his judgment, experience and knowledge made him a great gaming journalist whose opinion I trusted.

#214 Edited by Nictel (2411 posts) -

Being a world trending topic. Shame it had to be on such sad news.

#215 Posted by SharpShotApollo (146 posts) -

Cried laughing watching this segment.

I started crying when I pressed play.

#216 Posted by Svenzon (718 posts) -

His little stroke of genius naming the time machine in Chrono Trigger is a big favorite of mine. Patrick's half-choked "you're an idiot" just seals it. I laughed so hard at that.

#217 Posted by Shivoa (625 posts) -

'cos I also was like, "Wow, someone else called in, like, the time we've been sitting here. That's awesome."

Dude, we're idiots.

I cut this edit from the Top 40 as edited by This Year, originally from The Hotspot on GameSpot.com.

I couldn't find an easy way to link into the middle of the mp3 file on This Year so I thought I'd do an embeddable to share here. This has had has me in tears on more than one occasion; I have many great memories of Ryan, but this is the one I'd like to share.

#218 Edited by longish (48 posts) -

This little made me smile while my heart is broken. Miss ya buddy.

#219 Posted by cheishxc (92 posts) -

@excast said:

I always loved this video. The great laugh. The good natured ribbing.

This was the exact moment that came to mind. Everything I love about Ryan is so much on display in this clip.

#220 Posted by Khazo (3 posts) -

I haven't been with the Giantbomb community for too long. Maybe about a year, but in that time I listened to a lot of bombcasts, old and new. Still, after such a short time, I feel greatly attached to the whole crew, and Ryan passing away saddens me greatly.
I always loved his unique voice and comedic interactions with Jeff and the rest of the crew. One of my personal favourite moments is probably the whole PAX East Panel.

I want to thank all of you for sharing the best moments of the Ryan Davis, so people like me can experience more of him.

#221 Edited by Nerdmotron (53 posts) -

Ryan Davis created a t-shirt that I have to think to myself before putting it on "Should I really wear this outside?". My 'China Don't Care' t-shirt is one of my favourite things. Thank you Ryan Davis you beautiful man genius.

#222 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1288 posts) -

There are too many. Quick Looks, TANG, Endurance Run, Bombcast, etc he was a legend. The Farm Simulator 2011 when Vinny and Ryan trolled supposed German farmers online is probably one of my fonder memories. His enunciation...I will miss that so much. Michael Ironside voice will also be missed.

#223 Posted by SomberOwl (652 posts) -

@melos said:

In addition to everything pointed out already, it always made me happy when I Love Mondays came up, back when it had the opening and everything. Seeing Ryan's goofy ass googly eyes in the intro and then hearing him lay out what was coming always got me stoked for another week of Giant Bomb. He was a pro at presentation.

I still remember this ILM in particular because of how Ryan cracks in the last few seconds, and it still makes me laugh: I Love Mondays 09/26/11

I agree, just hearing him behind the camera on I Love Mondays videos was a joy for the day. It's basically meaningless and pointless content, but is always made me happy and put a smile on my face.

#224 Posted by ProfessorEss (7319 posts) -

#225 Posted by cheishxc (92 posts) -

@excast said:

I always loved this video. The great laugh. The good natured ribbing.

This was the exact moment that came to mind. Everything I love about Ryan is so much on display in this clip.

#226 Posted by juice8367 (443 posts) -

Not a clip, but I remember I made a forum post here about how I thought Ryan hated Brad. He personally addressed it on the Bombcast and clarified that he in fact, did not hate Brad. Even for such a stupid post as mine, I think its awesome that he was so connected to the community here at Giantbomb. He will be missed.

i remember that! "Good to know" says Brad

#227 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Does anyone have that picture of Ryan hugging Coonce? That was delightful.

#228 Posted by ZedsDeadBaby (124 posts) -

These aren't really 'funny' but when I've been thinking about Ryan today the videos I most identify him with are:

LA Noire Quick Look

Sid Meier's Sim Golf

Hotline Miami

Ryan as host of the Bombcast comforted me and helped me out of bad days, weeks and months more times than I can count. I will truly miss him.

#229 Posted by periahdark (114 posts) -

This sad news was the first thing I saw when I woke up today. I was in tears, man. How sudden. My condolences go out to everyone close to him. The GB crew, his wife and family, all his friends. I thought I'd make something in him memory. I didn't want it to be overly serious, though. Something simple, silly and dumb, because I feel Ryan would have liked something like that. So I made this using the picture Dave put up on the ThanksRyan site. You'll be missed, Ryan. Thanks for all the laughs you've brought me and everyone else over the years.

#230 Edited by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

#231 Posted by DryvBy (249 posts) -

Watching that Endurance Run of Chrono Trigger while I was sick was amazing. He looked so sleepy then too. RIP, duder..

#232 Posted by Blair (2504 posts) -

Thanks to this community for being so wonderful. I'm going to go ahead and say that Ryan was the magic behind most of what made Giant Bomb great. Thanks to this community for being the best.

I'll miss you Ryan Davis.

#233 Edited by Puzzler20 (78 posts) -

I Got 3 words for you.

CHINA DON'T CARE

#234 Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo (3 posts) -

As I'm struggling not to cry and look like a weirdo at my job, its these video's that are getting me through the day. Never thought I'd be this impacted by a dude I never met, but fuck it. I'll always remember Ryan Davis as one smooth motherfucker.

#235 Posted by paulunga (1992 posts) -

Favourite moment? His incredibily infectious laugh.

#236 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

#237 Edited by mobius006 (38 posts) -

I'll also miss ryan screaming "YA!" and putting my receiver into safe mode and turning off :)

#238 Posted by MormonWarrior (2570 posts) -

There's way too many incredible moments with Ryan. Almost every memorable thing GB has ever done has been deeply influenced by him. It's a freaking tragedy to see him go in such a fashion.

Most recently, I'd have to cite my Twitter conversations with him. It's a very special man that can make you feel validated and special by retweeting/responding to your dumb comments on breakfast cereal brands and pseudo-sex jokes.

RIP Ryan Davis. My prayers are out to those left behind.

#239 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

He will be missed. His laugh was fantastic and his sense of humor was just sick enough for my tastes.

#240 Posted by CrystaljDesign (150 posts) -

The PAX East 2013 panel was the first time I got to see Ryan and the Giant Bomb crew in person after following them for over a decade since the Gamespot days. I even got to sit in the front row, closest to Ryan. Now I will cherish those memories even more so.

#241 Edited by Mysour (26 posts) -

Just going through some of my old favorites. :'(

#242 Edited by amiga1200 (72 posts) -

The last Bombcast he ended up presenting, with the "John Madden has been released!" bit. Summed him up completely.

#244 Posted by Sackmanjones (4687 posts) -

This thread is amazing and gut wrenching at the same time.

#245 Posted by Generiko (445 posts) -

I found everytime he talked about wrestling was hilarious and those Wipeout Quiclooks are fantastic and so are those gameshow ones he did.

#246 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Thanks to these videos I don't feel that bad any more. Jeff & Ryan were amazing together. I hope the guys at the office can move on from this tragedy.

#247 Posted by Sylect (29 posts) -

i keep checking the site in the hopes that this is all a bad dream

#248 Posted by BoZZ0 (47 posts) -

This is soo funny ! I will never forget you ryan ! thanks for everything

#249 Posted by Mysour (26 posts) -

Does anybody remember two or so years ago there was a bit making fun of the overly-happy actors during an e3 press conference. It was Ryan and Jeff going back and forth. I can't find it.

#250 Edited by judamasmas (6 posts) -

One of my favorite Internet moments ever... RIP Ryan, you'll be missed :(